Sox screw up one car funeral...again

Al Lopez Ghost (old)

You just posted it. Did you not see the "early access for ST holders"..?

As a season ticket holder, we would like to offer you early access to this sale from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Seats will be sold from the Gate 5 ticket windows, so buyers should park in Lot B on the north side of 35th Street.

How is that a notice that I can buy online? That says I go in person early to Gate 5.

I am now confused.

I got the same email that cwsox got, and I got there at 8:45 a.m.

There was already a very long line, probably about 200 people.

I called and was told the ONLY way the seats were being sold was in person, at Gate 5, starting at 9 a.m. if you are a season ticket holder.

Two things happened:

1). They didn't check ID's to see if those in line at 9 a.m. were in fact season ticketholders. The people directly in front of us were not, nor were the guys behind us in line.

2). I checked the White Sox site immediately before I left for the ballpark, at about 8:05 a.m. on Saturday. Nowhere did I see that we could buy the seats online, without having to go to the ballpark.

Steff ... please clarify what you heard/saw/know.

If there were seats sold "on the sly" to season ticket holders, in advance, online, without them having to stand in line ... I have reason to be pissed.

I am now confused.

I got the same email that cwsox got, and I got there at 8:45 a.m.

There was already a very long line, probably about 200 people.

I called and was told the ONLY way the seats were being sold was in person, at Gate 5, starting at 9 a.m. if you are a season ticket holder.

Two things happened:

1).  They didn't check ID's to see if those in line at 9 a.m. were in fact season ticketholders.  The people directly in front of us were not, nor were the guys behind us in line.

2).  I checked the White Sox site immediately before I left for the ballpark, at about 8:05 a.m. on Saturday.  Nowhere did I see that we could buy the seats online, without having to go to the ballpark.

Steff ... please clarify what you heard/saw/know.

If there were seats sold "on the sly" to season ticket holders, in advance, online, without them having to stand in line ... I have reason to be pissed.

From the line outside of the park, 3 friends called and bought over the phone. From home, 1 was able to get a set from the internet. How, why, I have no idea. Just telling you what I was told. FWIW, there are going to be more so I hope whomever wants them got on the list.

I have just sent my first ever angry email to the Sox. Unfortunately my Sox representative had to get it because I knew no one else to send it to as he gets stuick being the conduit, which I regret as he is a really nice guy and great rep.

But if some Sox seasons tickets holders were told they could buy by phone or internet and others were not, then we have two classes of people - the special people and the who gives a f*** people. I sacrifice a lot of other things to have my seasons tickets and travel a long way to the poark and spend a lot on transportation and if there are two classes of seasons ticket holders, then perhaps I should say f*** the Sox and their organization. If I am not going to be treated equally, than the amount of money that I spend on the Sox can be placed elsewhere. I am that angry. How do I ever make it up to my friends who went for me on Saturday morning for that fiasco, when I took the Sox at their word? And whu should I pay lots of money to belong to something, the class of seasons tickets holders, and have the Sox act as if it doesn't mean a thing to the Sox, that others are more special than me?

As for the non season ticket holders who got screwed over, I am angry about that too. I can understand being surprised by the demand, but since no one got accomodated, and since they made people wait that long, then they need to learn a few things about doing things right.

Are we SURE people were able to buy via the phone, and the internet?

I'm not sending off a letter until I'm 100% sure, and Steff has it only by heresay, although I have no reason to see why anyone wouldn't tell her the truth.

I definitely feel for ALL the fans down there, season ticket holders or not. My biggest problem with this, though, is they (the Sox) decided to offer season ticket holders first shot at the seats, by inviting them to a "pre sale" two hours before the general public.

And then, they didn't check people's ID's to see if they WERE season ticket holders.

I know the first few people in line got seats, and since there were non-season ticket holders in line all around me, it's logical to think some of those who did get seats were non season ticket holders.

They should have pre sold them via fax or internet, offered them first come first served to season ticket holders. Then, schedule a designated pick up day.

The Bears did it that way and it worked just fine.

I wouldn't get bent out of shape about his except for the fact that I've got seats from all the Chicago venues ... Old Comiskey, the Stadium, Soldier Field, and the Amphitheatre. Even a brick from the old Chicago Coliseum.

Unfortunately, I need to bank on the rumor that more seats will be available sometime in the future.

They should have only offered the seats to season ticket holders via internet/phone and then sold the rest (or kept a certain amount on the side, say 50-100) at the yard sale they do in the spring (that is when they have it, correct?) or do a charity auction for the remaining seats. That way no one gets P.O.ed and most have some chance at them

Are we SURE people were able to buy via the phone, and the internet?

I'm not sending off a letter until I'm 100% sure, and Steff has it only by heresay, although I have no reason to see why anyone wouldn't tell her the truth.

Unfortunately, I need to bank on the rumor that more seats will be available sometime in the future.

And that's all I have. But why they would lie, I have no idea..

Good news for you I'm told is that there will be more avaliable.

In upper deck plastic blue seats I saw 2 division championship teams, including the 1993 doubleheader where we clinched the tie, and 2000 playoffs. In upper deck plastic blue seats I saw the game where Fisk tied the record for games caught. In upper deck plastic blue seats my grandson sat for his first ball game (and in fact, most of the ones he has seen). In upper deck plastic blue seats I have spent countless hours with friends and family, with people I love.

I will never get a seat from old Comiskey. As far as I know this was my shot at having a seat from the ballpark.

In upper deck plastic blue seats I saw 2 division championship teams, including the 1993 doubleheader where we clinched the tie, and 2000 playoffs.  In upper deck plastic blue seats I saw the game where Fisk tied the record for games caught.  In upper deck plastic blue seats my grandson sat for his first ball game (and in fact, most of the ones he has seen).  In upper deck plastic blue seats I have spent countless hours with friends and family, with people I love. 

I will never get a seat from old Comiskey.  As far as I know this was my shot at having a seat from the ballpark.

There will be some more seats available. They screwed up, and had no idea the seats would be more popular outside of the park than in it. They will correct this, and you as a season ticketholder will get some seats.

In upper deck plastic blue seats I saw 2 division championship teams, including the 1993 doubleheader where we clinched the tie, and 2000 playoffs.  In upper deck plastic blue seats I saw the game where Fisk tied the record for games caught.  In upper deck plastic blue seats my grandson sat for his first ball game (and in fact, most of the ones he has seen).  In upper deck plastic blue seats I have spent countless hours with friends and family, with people I love. 

I will never get a seat from old Comiskey.  As far as I know this was my shot at having a seat from the ballpark.

Show up with a socket set and get your own! :lol: