Column: Shades of 2000?

Chisoxfn

Great Article Matt.  I like the comparison quite a bit.  Of course I don't think Ritchie will be back.

Well, we'll see. I needed a sixth projected starter, and Ritchie, IMO, is the most likely to be pitching here on the South Side. Its much more likely, IMO, that Todd will be here instead of a Valdes, Colon, or Vazquez.

It might be too early to give up on Ritchie, even though he STUNK up the place last year. I would consider bringing him into Spring Training on a Minor League contract and give him an opportunity to provie himself. If he gets rocked in the Spring...then cut your losses and get rid of him for good.

I'd definately bring him in on a minor league contract and I'd also sign him for like 500k to 750 k. The way he played last year he should be willing to play with the Sox for basically free :)

I think he's a much better pitcher then he showed, but I also don't see him coming back. It seems like KW is simply admitting his mistake and moving on, which is something I like to see a whole lot of out of a general manager.

I basically agree with article, and have been saying that I believe our pitching staff will be fine ... as is. Sure, I'd like to see us pick up Colon, or someone of that ilk. But not at the expense of Garland or Rauch. I'm telling you, Garland is going to be a stud and take major strides toward that status this year. Give Rauch this year to learn how to pitch in the majors, and next spring he'll be where Garland is now. I like Danny Wright, but to get Colon, I would allow him to be included in a deal.