Your Offseason Wish List

Chisoxfn

Okay I'm nuts this will NEVER happen, but whatever, I'm bored.

So based on the fact that there might be an A-Rod for Manny trade, the Red Sox trade Nomar, and Damon for Maggs, Koch, Borchard, another prospect.

Also the PK for Perez deal has to happen, and the Sox sign Colon.

Line-Up:

Johnny Damon CF

Carlos Lee LF

Frank Thomas 1B/DH

Nomar Garciappara SS

Ross Gload DH/1B

Joe Crede 3B

Jeremy Reed RF

Miguel Olivo C

Willie Harris 2B

Bench:

Juan Uribe

Jose Valentin

Aaron Rowand

Sandy Alomar Jr.

Rotation:

Mark Buehrle

Bartolo Colon

Esteban Loaiza

Odalis Perez

Jon Garland

Bullpen:

Damaso Marte Closer

Scott Sullivan Set-Up

Kelly Wunsch Situational

Danny Wright Long Relief Right

Arnie Munoz Long Relief Left

Roberto Hernandez/ Jason Grimsley/?????

I know, I know, It'll Never Happen

There are some good signs that bargains will be available:

Grudzielanek looked at the landscape and grudgingly accepted a one-year deal worth between $2.5 million-$3 million for 2004 on Sunday — despite hitting .315 and making $5.5 million in 2003.

The Sox also announced they declined to offer arbitration to free agents Roberto Alomar, Carl Everett, Tony Graffanino and Scott Sullivan.

That tells me that the SOX can pick up a decent 2B FA for about the same price.

What bothers me as a SOX fan is not what the sCrUBS do, but rather what the NY teams get to do all the time. Kaz Mat would have really boosted the SOX fortunes by drawing on an ethnic crowd base that neither team offers much towards. Given the close proximity to Chinatown the SOX should have rolled the dice on Kaz. But the truth is even if the SOX were willing to spend say 21/3 yrs Kaz would still have choosen NY.

Why does MLB continue to propogate this travesty? It should move the Expos to the NYC area & break up the monopoly the Yanks & Mets own respectively in that market.

My wish list now has dwindled to keeping Lee, possibly signing Gonzo, & picking up a solid #2 pitcher. Maggs is a near certainty to be out of here.

At this point I just want somebody, ANYBODY that will start for this team. If Uribe starts we are in trouble. I liked that move, but it's a head scratcher. Why bother, might as well give Miles a shot. Nobody is going to look back and say, 'you should have traded for Juan Uribe.' I'm not saying it's a bad deal, but it's really insignificant. Why bother? Ok, I kind of lost myself there, all I want is that the Sox make a move that matters, even if it means trading Maggs (dun dun duh). If it improves the club, I like it and want it. I fear this won't happen, but there is a lot of offseason to go.

GO SOX :headbang

Okay, this isn't a direct White Sox wish, but it would hurt two teams I really don't like sooooo.....I would really like it if Andy Pettitte would sign with the Houston Astros (or the White Sox--but I think that's NEVER going to happen, so I'm just going for the most likely scenerio here). If he can't be with us, then at least take him away from the Yankees and put him up against the Cubbies.

And, I would like a good team for my White Sox, especially to shore up on our bullpen and 2nd base.

I wish for the White Sox to sign a bunch of guys that will help Ozzie develop a never say die attitude and culture in the clubhouse with a bunch of speedy scrappers who will play their butts off every nite behind a bunch of solid pitchin.

I wish for the White Sox to sign a bunch of guys that will help Ozzie develop a never say die attitude and culture in the clubhouse with a bunch of speedy scrappers who will play their butts off every nite behind a bunch of solid pitchin.

hEY i'LL PLAY 1ST.. aND BETTER THAN kONG

Updated wish list:

If KW trades Maggs, he must get someone to take Koney/Koch in the process. Preferrably Koney. Do not trade Lee.

Millwood is likely to go arbit with Phils again. Bor-as seems to think he's deserving of Mussina type $$$ & will wait another year to get Kevin into the Yanks rotation.

There is ZERO chance of him being a SOX.

The first thing KW has to do is solidify the rotation.

OPS vs:

EL: 634: 534 v RH, 697 v LH,

MB: 735: 762 v RH, 674 v LH,

JG: 762: 708 v RH, 798 v LH,

4-5 candidates:

Scot Schow: 640: 703 v RH, 571 v LH, 30W-32L, 74 starts

Kenny Rogers: 790: 821 v RH, 708 v LH, 158W-114L, 335 starts

I've made this point before, but I'll say it again. There would be no greater price vs performance buy than getting 2 established pitchers for the 4-5 spots. Why go into every 5th start hoping for a win? It's much better to put a rotation out there where a team expects to win that start.

Starting pitchers should be made in the bullpen on the SOX. A player that shows good stuff against both RH & LH is starters material. Marte has shown that as well as Schow. Or if nothing else, put up exceptional ml #'s.

My only wish is Reiny finding it in his kind Jewish heart to change the target payroll figure from 58 to 68 Mill..... and that Sox fans have enough gratitude to drag their asses out to USCF on more frequent basis in 2004..

Oh and please somebody take Billy Koch and his slaary for the love of god.

Kenny pretty much put a ka-bosh on my wish list for now.

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/ds.../pro/191sd2.htm

Williams said it's very likely the Sox will go to spring training with the position players currently on the roster.

1B-Paul Konerko

2B-Willie Harris

SS-Jose Valentin

3B-Joe Crede

RF-Magglio Ordonez

LF-Carlos Lee

CF-Aaron Rowand or Joe Borchard

C-Miguel Olivo and Sandy Alomar

DH-Frank Thomas

Williams would like to add another arm to the bullpen and possibly another starter. There is still interest by the New York Mets in reliever Billy Koch, which could result in Williams freeing up more than $6 million in salary. But whether the Sox and Mets can complete a deal remains to be seen.

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/ds.../pro/191sd3.htm

I'm including this dish on the northsiders because I don't understand what happened here with the SOX.

Why couldn't the SOX have signed Merker, & especially Glover? All SOX fans agree that Glover was a reliable relief pitcher. So why didn't the SOX sign him to a ml deal? Right now we are short 2 relief pitchers. I just don't get this.

Likewise I don't get why the SOX didn't try & pursue Hollandsworth for the OF.

Hollandsworth, a major leaguer since 1995, has played for Los Angeles, Colorado, Texas and Florida. He has a .276 lifetime average with 77 homers and 308 RBI in 840 games.

In 2003, Hollandsworth played for the World Series champion Marlins and hit .254 with 29 extra-base hits in 93 games. He hit .350 (7-for-20) as a pinch hitter. And he went 3-for-3 with two RBI against the Cubs in the seven-game NLCS.

These are all deals the SOX could have & should have made.