Cubs Trade For D. Lee

Soxbadger

Also heard from Bruce Levine, the cubs are heavy pursuit of LaTroy Hawkins.

Hate to admit it, but if that move is ever made the Cubs have the means to easily win 100 + games and almost guarantee a spot in the NLCS. s***, almost every area of their team will be rock solid.

The crosstown series is looking out to be an ass whooping on our behalf. Not looking forward to it at all. :bang

Hate to admit it, but if that move is ever made the Cubs have the means to easily win 100 + games and almost guarantee a spot in the NLCS.  s***, almost every area of their team will be rock solid.  The crosstown series is looking out to be an ass whooping on our behalf.  Not looking forward to it at all.  :bang

I won't quite say that. They still need someone at the top of the order. And they still need to get some left handed balance and well, quite frankly, with the amount of innings and pitches their pitchers throw, anything can happen with their health.

I do think they are doing some really good things, although they need to get some speed and defense in there. It would be a great benefit if they could of somehow unloaded Sosa and Alou. They could of really changed their dynamics with that.

lee is over rated, .271 average isnt great, 31 homers is good but who the hell cares about stolen bases in a firstbaseman?

thomas hit 40 homeruns and hit in the .270's. all the cubs got is a player in between frank thomas and paul konerko but with speed

Well, Lee has a gold glove, while Konerko and Thomas have...gloves.

Hate to admit it, but if that move is ever made the Cubs have the means to easily win 100 + games and almost guarantee a spot in the NLCS.  s***, almost every area of their team will be rock solid. 

The crosstown series is looking out to be an ass whooping on our behalf.  Not looking forward to it at all.  :bang

Easy. I'm betting the bank on it that at least Wood and Clement spend serious time on the DL next season. Zambrano is a 50/50. The Cubs still have one of the worst BP's in the NL Central and while a possible acquisition of Hawkins improves it, it by no means will solidify it.

Folks,

Let me make this simple. The free agency period going on right now is like Thanksgiving dinner. The rich eat all the finer portions, the peasants eat the fallen food and the crap that hit the floor. The Sox are peasants. And we have the Head Peasant under the table of the rich spenders. You go Kenny. Whoop Whoop. You go, Girl!!

Kenny is waiting patiently for the table scraps and the nasty leftovers.

And once he's done sifting through the scraps and rotting crap, he'll have us a World Series contending lineup. Long live Kenny!!

:bang :lolhitting :bang

Folks,

Let me make this simple.  The free agency period going on right now is like Thanksgiving dinner.  The rich eat all the finer portions, the peasants eat the fallen food and the crap that hit the floor. The Sox are peasants.  And we have the Head Peasant under the table of the rich spenders.  You go Kenny.  Whoop Whoop.  You go, Girl!!

Kenny is waiting patiently for the table scraps and the nasty leftovers. 

And once he's done sifting through the scraps and rotting crap, he'll have us a World Series contending lineup.  Long live Kenny!! 

:bang  :lolhitting  :bang

I don't think it's that simple. I think KW is a gambler, but we might need that to get to the next level. I loved the Colon move, and the Everett & Alomar moves. I think they show a commitment to winning. As far as the thought that he's depleted the farm system, I disagree. The prospect lists change all the time, from month to month, to the degree that NOBODY knows who will emerge unless they actually get the chance in the big leagues.

What I'm trying to say is, we don't know what the payroll is for 2004. We don't know who the Sox are going to keep & get rid of. Williams has ALWAYS been aggressive in bringing in people that he thinks will help. Although some of these moves have backfired, the intent was always to improve. I still like our chances in '04 and think that we can adjust with our trade possibilities to improve the club. It's early, very early.

applingsrevenge

If anyone believes that Kenny will sign any free agents worth a s***, or will make any decent trades to help this team, then I have 100 acres of oceanfront property in Nebraska to sell you for just $10. 

He managed to pull off some ridiculous trades last summer where the TRADING TEAM paid the bulk of the salaries.  A blind dog only finds an ass to sniff once in a lifetime.  And our blind dog found his ass to sniff. 

Kenny will always be a moron, an idiot, and a clueless puppet in my mind.  And in other people's minds as well.  He's a Reinsdorf token hire, and a complete dolt. No matter now you cut it, slice it, chop it, or dice it - he's a dips***, plain and simple.

He couldn't find a clue with 10 detectives and a f***!ng search party.

Add a search dog Too!! :bang

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

I don't see why not. Cubs have the money to pay Lee and they made a KILLING in the 6 playoff home games. They're gonna have about 90-95 Mill to spend in 2004. Bastards.

With wind blowing out and power gaps of only 365 feet, Gold-Glover D. Lee is probably an 900 OPS/110 RBI player next year.......unless he chokes under big-city pressure. Unlikely, but I hope he does.

A healthy Choi will be a good player. Doesn't have the batspeed to be a super-star, but then again with his natural strenght (was hitting lineout homers 420 feet to CF in April), excellent batting EYE and work ethic, he will more than compensate. Give him 400-500 more atbats and you'll see. Underrated defense and not as slow as size would suggest. He is also not a FA until, what, 2007.

Hendry is a pro, and there is NO way that minor leaguer is Brownlie, Guzman or Sisco......unless Angels surgery was more serious that they make it out to be.

I don't see why not.  Cubs have the money to pay Lee and they made a KILLING in the 6 playoff home games.  They're gonna have about 90-95 Mill to spend in 2004. Bastards.

With wind blowing out and power gaps of only 365 feet, Gold-Glover D. Lee is probably an 900 OPS/110 RBI player next year.......unless he chokes under big-city pressure. Unlikely, but I hope he does. 

A healthy Choi will be a good player. Doesn't have the batspeed to be a super-star, but then again with his natural strenght (was hitting lineout homers 420 feet to CF in April), excellent batting EYE and work ethic, he will more than compensate. Give him 400-500 more atbats and you'll see.  Underrated defense and not as slow as size would suggest.  He is also not a FA until, what, 2007. 

Hendry is a pro, and there is NO way that minor leaguer is Brownlie, Guzman or Sisco......unless Angels surgery was more serious that they make it out to be.

Well because of PTBNL rules it can't be someone on the 40 man roster, so it could still be one of their more hyped, lower level minor leaguers. I imagine they had to give up SOMETHING to get this steal of a deal done though...

Well because of PTBNL rules it can't be someone on the 40 man roster, so it could still be one of their more hyped, lower level minor leaguers.  I imagine they had to give up SOMETHING to get this steal of a deal done though...

It's MARLINS we're talking about: they can't afford Lee, so they are in no position to be asking for phenom prospects.

Hendry won't give up Sisco-Guzman-Brownlie unless it's for someone like Shilling. Cubs weren't desperate to get Lee afterall.

Let's just hope everytihng backfires, Zambrano, Lofton and Borowski return to earth, and Cubs become the embrassment of MLB with Sosa and steroids in 2004...while they Sox pull a Marlin.

It's MARLINS we're talking about:  they can't afford Lee, so they are in no position to be asking for phenom prospects.

Hendry won't give up Sisco-Guzman-Brownlie unless it's for someone like Shilling. Cubs weren't desperate to get Lee afterall. 

Let's just hope everytihng backfires, Zambrano, Lofton and Borowski return to earth, and Cubs become the embrassment of MLB with Sosa and steroids in 2004...while they Sox pull a Marlin.

It IS the Marlins we are talking about, and they always seem to be able to get value for the salary dumps that they do execute. Maybe this time will be different, but if past history is any indication, the Marlins usually hold their own.

It IS the Marlins we are talking about, and they always seem to be able to get value for the salary dumps that they do execute.  Maybe this time will be different, but if past history is any indication, the Marlins usually hold their own.

I am not saying Marlins lack the capacity to unearth minor league gems.

What I AM saying is...it WON'T be Sisco, Brownlie or Guzman, unless one of them is injured in which case Marlins won't take anyway.