Brad Penny Claims He's Healthy

Chisoxfn

http://espn.go.com/gammons/s/2003/0110/1490399.html

"This is ridiculous, I'm fine," Penny said Friday morning after his workout. "I had some bicep tendinitis during the season, but the last month I was throwing 96 and 97 and felt great. I have been feeling great all winter."

What's crazy is that I haven't had an MRI for three years, and the last time I had one the doctor told me I didn't have any of the normal wear of a pitcher. All I can figure is that there's some confusion over my shoulders. A few years ago I did have some rotator cuff problems in my shoulder -- but it was my left shoulder, not the right (throwing) shoulder. I remember (then Marlin assistant GM) Al Avila asking me about my shoulder, and when I told him the problem was in the left one, he was surprised.

"I just want this cleared up, because I'm healthy and looking forward to the biggest season of my career."

Its real interesting to see that. I'd like to take a chance on Penny. Maybe the Marlins think their is no interest in him because of this latest scare and you could take on a pitcher thats got loads of potential and is very young and extremely cheap (YA JR, CHEAP!!!!) for a small price, maybe Matt Ginter, Brian West, and a PTBNL or Josh Paul.

Of course, more will be known when he has his latest MRI.