THE official what do you do (job) thread

Be Good

How's the loan biz these days..lol

Freaking great...just started, but I get my own hours now and since I don't do that many loans I end up with more free time then before.

Of course for like the last week I haven't done crap. Plus pay is a lot better, although if I'm lazy and don't do s***...then I don't get a dime.

Freaking great...just started, but I get my own hours now and since I don't do that many loans I end up with more free time then before. 

Of course for like the last week I haven't done crap.  Plus pay is a lot better, although if I'm lazy and don't do s***...then I don't get a dime.

how old are you? and how did you become a loan officer?

I've been a damn teller for 4+ years.

how old are you? and how did you become a loan officer?

I've been a damn teller for 4+ years.

I'm 20. All you have to do to be an officer is pass the real estate test once. For processing, you don't even have to do that.

My dad has done real estate for 30 years so I've learned a ton just from watching him. He's really good at it and I've been helping him out at the office for a few years. I do offers, preview property, take care of all the tech work, basically everything an agent can do. Its just a small company so we do probably 3 loans a month, if, but you get like a point, sometimes more, sometimes less depending.

If its not my loan then I'm an processor and you get a flat fee. If its a loan for someone I find, then I get the points and the office gets a flat fee, even though I still process it. This is my first month doing it, but I've got a few people that I'm gonna do some loans for which will give me easily what I made all of last year (I made jack..basically minimum, but learned a ton).

The prices though depends on who ya work for and all that. I mean you could start your own mortgage company and offer cheap loans and probably do really good. All mortgage wholesalers get the same rates. And the nice thing is, I know how to do everything online which saves the lender a ton of time and you end up getting extra rebates as the officer and what not and some loans have rebates back to ya. Of course the key is getting the best loan for your clients, but right now most of the best loans have great rebates. So even if you do your loan cheap for like half a point, you still end up making like 1.25 to 1.5 points, which works out nice.

And as far as doing loans, its a lot easier then people think. The key is having someone that understands whats the best loan. I am pretty confident that I know more then most and if I am lost I can ask my dad who understands it really well. It makes a difference cause a lot of people refi when they shouldn't cause of the cost of doing the loan. Sometimes its worth it, other times its not. All depends on peoples situations.

Basically you get them to fill an app, run their credit, get the value of the laon they want..input their app into the computer, check with your lenders, find the best loan, get the paper work needed and send the loan. You get online approval and then send in bank statements (unless its stated income). The lender sends you conditions, you take care of the conditions, send them in. Just a lot of following up work, but it works nice cause we do small volume and I am fast at it and can do most of the stuff at home.

I think its gonna work sweet for school :headbang

I'm not gonna do real estate forever, but I'm definately gonna invest in it :D