Christmas Tree

Texsox

Real or Fake  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Real or Fake

• Real
    • Fake
    • I don't do Christmas

Real --- I love a good fire hazard around the house.

seriously though I really hate this time of year.... I don't catch the christmas spirit until maybe the 23rd, and it's usually gone before christmas eve is over.

This may help me this year. Christmas Music that doesn't suck

OK it still sucks but not as much as most Christmas music.

Real for sure. I grew up with crappy artificial trees it sucked. I'm a rabid environmentalist in practically all other aspects of my life and job, but I allow myself the guilty pleasure of a real tree.

For the last 10 years, I have kept the bottom slice of trunk that you cut off the trees once you bring them home. I put the year on the piece, drill a hole in it and put a string on it and add it with the others as an ornament to hang. It's kind of cool to see all the old tree trunk slices up on the tree now ("was that a frasier or a Doug fir...").

Fake. I don't think I could deal with a real one. All the crap all over and the smell.

Ahh the smell is the only reason to get a real tree. there's just no substitution for that smell.

And i tried decorating my tree one year with tree "ornaments" I picked up at Trak Auto. It Smelled, not the same.

Ahh the smell is the only reason to get a real tree.  there's just no substitution for that smell.

And i tried decorating my tree one year with tree "ornaments" I picked up at Trak Auto.  It Smelled, not the same.

agreed...ya gotta go with real and the holidays are an awesome time. I'm out of school for 6 weeks, work less hours and get some vacation days and frankly I love getting and giving gifts.

Fake, but a very nice one. This year my kids did most of the set up.

My wife has wonderful memories of her families' white tree on a turntable with a color wheel changing the color from red to green to blue. They only had one kind of ornaments, all solid color balls.