***NEWS-Sox trade for Juan Uribe

bulokis

Juan Uribe Sucks big time. While the Cubs try to help there bullpen getting latroy hawkins, Reinsdork is still slapping Kenny in the face and showing him how to keep Payroll below 50 million, while everybody is looking at our players. Ohh yeah keep them happy by getting Jose Hernandez part II. Hell at least i wish he had hernandez arm and Pop.  :bang  :bang  :bang

If we are basing our moves on what the Cubs are doing this team will never have any success. I think it is useless to compare us with the Cubs when it comes to offseason transactions. :bang

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's the new Tony G, nothing more.

1. He is a better hitter than Tony G. was at his age-- and that considering Uribe was rushed to the bigs in the most foul of ways. Consider his first 2 seasons in the bigs his AA/AAA years.

2. He is a faster, more efficient base-runner than Tony G, especially after the latter tore his knee.

3. Defensively, Tony G is simply TERRIBLE. Uribe might not be "the best defensive SS in NL", but he has all the tools to be one. At 2B, he would be a gold Glover.

4. Tony G. is looking for 1.5 Mill year while Uribe is making 5 times less.

It looks like both Tony G and Robbie Alomar will be elsewhere next season, so this is really a decent move by KW. Miles could not play short and Uribe can play both middle infield positions. We didn't have a backup shortstop, and maybe he can take the job away from Valentin. If KW feels he has acquired a starting shortstop, he can then include Valentin in a deal in which we receive a qualified backup as part of the deal.

There's a lot of off season left guys. Don't hit the panic button just yet.

In an episode after Kramer gets kicked in the head by Crazy Joe, he blurts out Yo Yo Ma out of nowhere. Jerry then wonders why he just said the name of a cellist, if that is the correct term, for no reason.

I just thought it might be in reference to this since it came from nowhere.

You don't have to be good at something to be able to teach someone else how to do it well. You don't have to be good at something to motivate someone to get the most out of their ability. Ozzie may end up sucking as manager. I have no idea. World champion Florida seemed to think highly of him, he loves the Sox so much he'd probably manage for free, and he HAS to be better than Manuel.

I'll give Ozzie a chance.

103 mph screwball.

If a small trade like this can tally up over 100 posts, I can't wait till we actually make a big trade...like that's gonna happen :rolleyes: but you know :D

You got teams like Bos trading for Shilling..Yanks trading for Vasquez..we're trading for Juan Uribe.

Now if we had traded for Vasquez the thread may be challenging the HCT for most posts ever :lol:

Man :bang

Ozzie was NOT a smart player...I remember many times when opposing teams had 1st and 3rd and would hit a ground ball to Oz...who invariably threw home instead of going for the DP.

He was a bad base runner too.

:fthecubs

Dam you would go for the DP when you lead 3-2 in the 8th with no outs???? Dam I hope you don't play SS for me ;)