Yanks working dilligently for Javier Vasquez

sox-r-us

No big surprise there.  Hopefully the rumor about the Angels swooping with a big offer is false, and Bart has to come crawling back here for about 8 or 9 mil a year.

Supposedly what was the offer the Angels made to Bart? I saw somewhere 4 years, but didn't hear a $$ figure.

Supposedly what was the offer the Angels made to Bart?  I saw somewhere 4 years, but didn't hear a $$ figure.

The rumor I saw was $48 mil. I don't know how accurate it was, because it was a couple different guys saying they heard it on sports radio out there. So take it for what it is worth...

BULLs***. I was just listening to sports radio (driving from school to home and then to work) and I haven't heard crap. This sounds like BS to me.

Its also a stupid move if its true, but thats beyond the point. Also supposedly KW has offered Bart 3 yr 30 mill (Nothing Deferred) which to me is very fair.

Unless the Angels offer is true, then I think Bart would except that so-called offer from the Sox.

The same MSG source is reporting that Juan Rivera is the snag in a deal involving Johnson for Vazquez. That has to be a bunch of bull because if the Expos were to only get Johnson and Rivera (Overhyped Yank prospect, just like Ricky Ledee was overhyped) without getting Soriano in return then I just don't see it happening. Vazquez is incredibly affordable for what he does, is young and frankly Soriano would have to be a part of the deal.

MSG is making up s*** as far as I'm concerned. My 3 way idea is more credible, imo.

BULLs***.  I was just listening to sports radio (driving from school to home and then to work) and I haven't heard crap.  This sounds like BS to me. 

Its also a stupid move if its true, but thats beyond the point.  Also supposedly KW has offered Bart 3 yr 30 mill (Nothing Deferred) which to me is very fair. 

Unless the Angels offer is true, then I think Bart would except that so-called offer from the Sox. 

The same MSG source is reporting that Juan Rivera is the snag in a deal involving Johnson for Vazquez.  That has to be a bunch of bull because if the Expos were to only get Johnson and Rivera (Overhyped Yank prospect, just like Ricky Ledee was overhyped) without getting Soriano in return then I just don't see it happening.  Vazquez is incredibly affordable for what he does, is young and frankly Soriano would have to be a part of the deal. 

MSG is making up s*** as far as I'm concerned.  My 3 way idea is more credible, imo.

This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode "The Serenity Now" when Jerry's girlfriends says he never really gets mad. Jason getting angry is weird, you seemed like such a mild-mannered guy st the Dodger games :lol:

The source also said first baseman-DH Nick Johnson would definitely have to be a part of the deal, but that the Yankees are trying to avoid surrendering outfielder Juan Rivera as well.

That paragraph was taken from the article linked above. It seems to me that the key phrase is "Johnson would definitely have to be part of the deal. I'm reading this as the Expos are wanting Rivera included, along with others, and that Yanks are trying to put together a package that will allow them to keep Rivera. I don't see this as a Johnson/Rivera for Vasquez deal.

LMAO...I just want the Sox to get Colon back. :D

Colon is going to come back, if Kenny doesn't act like a chode and try and do something where Bart is really punished for not taking his first offer. 3 for 30 is fair, Bart likes Chicago We like Bart..... match made in heaven

Colon is going to come back, if Kenny doesn't act like a chode and try and do something where Bart is really punished for not taking his first offer. 3 for 30 is fair, Bart likes Chicago We like Bart..... match made in heaven

Corg doesn't like Bart. Bart is the key to our season, simple as that. With Bart, all other non-pitching moves are irrelevant.