Slowly Removing Old Avatars/Sigs

Chisoxfn

I know since I moved the server those that had uploaded avatars and sigs now don't work. So if I see a user with one I'm gonna go in and remove it, so people don't get the broken image. Also, everyone is more then welcome to put new ones back up.

I would of restore all the avatars and sigs, but when I saw the list of uploaded files, it would of been impossible for me to of uploaded all the files necessary.

So if you happen to know that your avatar or sig is just a dead link, please remove add a new one up as it will save me the time of going through and removing them. The only reason I'm doing this is to make the posts easier to read as well as faster loading, because when you have dead images it can slow down the loading of some.

It doesn't effect most people, but for those with slower connections it would make a minor improvement :cheers

Just wanted to inform you all :D

I know since I moved the server those that had uploaded avatars and sigs now don't work.  So if I see a user with one I'm gonna go in and remove it, so people don't get the broken image. Also, everyone is more then welcome to put new ones back up. 

I would of restore all the avatars and sigs, but when I saw the list of uploaded files, it would of been impossible for me to of uploaded all the files necessary. 

So if you happen to know that your avatar or sig is just a dead link, please remove add a new one up as it will save me the time of going through and removing them.  The only reason I'm doing this is to make the posts easier to read as well as faster loading, because when you have dead images it can slow down the loading of some. 

It doesn't effect most people, but for those with slower connections it would make a minor improvement  :cheers

Just wanted to inform you all  :D

Anyway you can retrieve my old Bulls logo avatar that i had? Didn't save it and wanted it back

Anyway you can retrieve my old Bulls logo avatar that i had? Didn't save it and wanted it back

Gash, I can, but I need your help. Just give me the link to where you originally made the post (The picture doesn't need to show up, but I need to see the dead image and with that I can go and find the file and upload it to the new server.

I can do the same for anyone else as well. Just make a post in this thread and give me a link or even better the properties of that certain uploaded image you want back.

If a lot of people want somethings back its no biggie, it will just take me more time. I'll do it on a first come first serve basis and well Gash...your up first :D

Gash, I can, but I need your help.  Just give me the link to where you originally made the post (The picture doesn't need to show up, but I need to see the dead image and with that I can go and find the file and upload it to the new server.

I can do the same for anyone else as well.  Just make a post in this thread and give me a link or even better the properties of that certain uploaded image you want back. 

If a lot of people want somethings back its no biggie, it will just take me more time.  I'll do it on a first come first serve basis and well Gash...your up first  :D

Ahh crap...when I removed the dead link to the avatar I erased the link...The logo was resized for me by someone and posted in the help board, but I don't think the post exists anymore....I can find the original photo, but someone is gonna have to resize it for me

That works too.  I should also mention that the help board posts are still around.  I think I merged the help and testing posts all into hte same forum, so you could probably still find the resized one as well if you happen to know where it is.

Really?..What's hte?

Cause the posts only go back a month or so..where do i find the test posts from a few months ago?

Go to the bottom of the board and where it says by the last 30 days, change that to since the beginning and then all the posts will appear.  You may also just want to run a search of your posts in that forum...could make it a lot easier for ya.

Yeah, I just did it..let me find it know

I fixed the quote feature so now it just takes the last quote although I'm working on making it an option that you can click a button and quote the entire post if the poster wants to.

Rememebr how there coould be dozens of quotes INSIDE the quote.....it's not cool or naything, just helps the clarity.

:lol:

As far as the avatar, I must of removed it when I was looking through poster information and any avatar that I caught that day that wasn't loading I removed to cause less error messages.

The site u pulled it from must of been down when I did it.  Sorry Brando

No, it's perfectly cool. I'll try getting it backm tho.

BTW, I just realized you PM'd me...is it tru that a certain baby was crying about my signature, forcing you to erase it?

No, it's perfectly cool.  I'll try getting it backm tho.

BTW, I just realized you PM'd me...is it tru that a certain baby was crying about my signature, forcing you to erase it?

Wow that was a long ass time ago, I can't even remember when I did that :lol:

Ya, I remember those quotes inside quotes, it got ridiculous.