Konerko Rumor in LA Times

Al Lopez Ghost (old)

I would really like Scott Spezio.  Great glove, played well in post season, and a left handed bat.

Spiezo is out of Anaheim. The Angels desperately want to add an outfielder so they can move erstad to first base, ending Spiezo's days there. Spiezo's dad was a White Sox and he's from Chicago. I think there is a very good chance Spiezo will be here and trust me...he is the definition of a "Grinder".

Do you think if a deal like this went through, we'd be able to sign Mags to some kind of a deal?  I just really like this trade though, it frees up salary and I'm ready to see PK get the boot.

No,I think the money would go to bringing in one more pitcher (Millwood, Ponson, Colon) and that the Sox would still probably trade Ordonez if the right offer came and for sure would trade Koch if they can work something out.

Williams wants to bring in a few relievers and have 5 good starters and thats where he wants to put his money. The key is finding ways to get money.

No,I think the money would go to bringing in one more pitcher (Millwood, Ponson, Colon) and that the Sox would still probably trade Ordonez if the right offer came and for sure would trade Koch if they can work something out.

Williams wants to bring in a few relievers and have 5 good starters and thats where he wants to put his money.  The key is finding ways to get money.

I like Mags, and I wish we could keep him. Though I know we don't have the money, but if that's even close to what we're looking to do this offseason. I'll be quite okay with that. I like that KW is bolstering the pitching on this club. KW has done a pretty good job in the GM chair with the little he has to work with.

Clearly KW is trying his best to sell PK with his 3 month comment.....good job KW.

Frankly, PK may very well get back to the year before last form....but the point still stands that we have enough of his kind on this team....we need grinders and production from all spots in the lineup from both sides of the bat, and we need salary to achieve that....hence, PK needs to go

Out of CLee, Maggs and PK, I would gladly give up PK

This may not be a bad deal for LA too, since they need a PK type....they need some thunder and would not mind the baggage that comes with it

Good trade for both

Perez will be the gravy for us if he can get 12-13 wins

Garland, Perez, Loaiza and Buerhle are competitive enough for us in our division

Spiezo is out of Anaheim. The Angels desperately want to add an outfielder so they can move erstad to first base, ending Spiezo's days there.  Spiezo's dad was a White Sox and he's from Chicago.  I think there is a very good chance Spiezo will be here and trust me...he is the definition of a "Grinder".

Jason, I think we'll see Gload getting the 1st base job. Cheap.

The quote with KW saying they operate under the radar now explains why we are nowhere to be found on the rumor mill. Hell, we could be a big pursuer of Kaz Matsui, just no one would know except Kaz and his agent.

Anyways, I'd like it if the Sox beefed up this offer, threw Jose in, and got a high prospect, or something like that, a relief pitcher maybe.

Then the Dodgers don't have to worry about signing Kaz because they have Jose!

The quote with KW saying they operate under the radar now explains why we are nowhere to be found on the rumor mill. Hell, we could be a big pursuer of Kaz Matsui, just no one would know except Kaz and his agent.

Anyways, I'd like it if the Sox beefed up this offer, threw Jose in, and got a high prospect, or something like that, a relief pitcher maybe.

Then the Dodgers don't have to worry about signing Kaz because they have Jose!

Da Dodgers won't giv up their stud INF prospect, Edwin Jackson or Greg Miller. But let's try and get sum more young pitchin off em if we chuck in Jose as well, which we hopefully will.

Why not Frank?

I will take the following opinion to the grave:  A good fielding first baseman is a waste of talent and time.

For instance, The Cubs were making a huge deal about how great a fielder Derek Lee is at firstbase...that's fine, but how many balls get hit in the direction of firstbase which an average fielder cannot make?  Probably one ball a month. 

Truth be known, Frank is actually better than most at picking balls out of the dirt or reaching for balls thrown high.  He can field his position at an average level and his throwing ability is sub-par.  However, the negatives get completely outweighed by the positive of knowing what his numbers are like when he is out in the field as pposed to sitting in the dugout.

A good fielding firstbaseman is a very important part of the imfield defense. Not due to that one or two balls a month that an average first sacker can't get to, but for the 40 errors a year a good glove prevents on throws from the other infield positions. A good glove first baseman can turn an above average shortstop into a gold glover. Also helps keep runners off the bases and a pitcher's pitch count down.

Da Dodgers won't giv up their stud INF prospect, Edwin Jackson or Greg Miller. But let's try and get sum more young pitchin off em if we chuck in Jose as well, which we hopefully will.

If we could trade Konerko and Valentin, along with whatever, to LA for Perez and Mota, there is no reason we shouldn't be players in the Kaz Matsui derby. He'd be a perfect addition to this team.

Adding Matsui, Perz and Mota while losing Konerko, Valentine and even Colon, I can go for that. We'd then be able to keep and possibly extend Maggs. Buehrle, Loaiza. Perez, Garland and whoever would be a pretty damn good rotation. Crede and Matsui would really be a very tight left side of the infield, defensively. Harris and Gload would be very solid on D as well. Our outfield D would be acceptable with Lee and Maggs on the corners and either Rowand or Reed in CF. Olivo catching and we actually have a pretty damn good defensive team, with solid starting pitching and a good offense. Solidify the pen, and folks, we'd have a winner.