I need to vent

AssHatSoxFan

Well, at least someone had the ability to articulate an answer instead of a simple no. I just had a problem with someone saying millions can do the job. Not really, some educators can't even or won't even do their job.

I agree with what you have to say. I have seen some educators not care. Some teachers figure if their students don't care why should they. Then on the flip side, I know others that love what they do, want to teach others, and make their learning experience enjoyable and not a chore.

Teachers don't generate a lot of money by their services and millions upon millions upon millions of people can be them.

Educators are the educators of the world?!?!?!

THANKS

Actually Teachers generate almost all revenue in an economy because without elementary and secondary eduation what job can you do? YOu wouldn't be able to take a basic trade without an elementary education. THe value added by education is probably nearly 100% of GDP in this country.

Actually Teachers generate almost all revenue in an economy because without elementary and secondary eduation what job can you do? YOu wouldn't be able to take a basic trade without an elementary education. THe value added by education is probably nearly 100% of GDP in this country.

Let's find a more indirect example. Food manufacturers and farmers generate almost 100% of the worlds GDP because without them no one would eat and then everyone would die and no one would make any money.

Whenever anyone talks about unfair pay among professions, athletes and entertainers are always the overpaid ones. People pay big bucks to see them and their products and they're not very easily replaced. No one pays to see teachers teach and there are plenty of qualified people who can take the place of almost any given teacher.

Low demand + high supply = lower salary

Sure, everyone would LIKE a lot of teachers to be payed more because they're generally good people and a lot of athletes/entertainers are douchebags, but their pay isn't unfair.

The ONLY reason these athletes/entertainers bring in so much revenue is because of the insane prices of tickets in today's world. Back in my father's day, he enjoyed attending games at Wrigley Field for a buck! If things were more like that, things would be HUGELY different!

For the record, there has never been a higher demand for teachers in any era than the one we are currently in. And, within the next 20 years, the total amount of teachers per capita will hit an ultimate low!

Teachers work very hard and are heavily underpaid!

The ONLY reason these athletes/entertainers bring in so much revenue is because of the insane prices of tickets in today's world. Back in my father's day, he enjoyed attending games at Wrigley Field for a buck!

And?

If people are willing to buy expensive tickets, owners will keep selling expensive tickets.

Teachers work very hard and are heavily underpaid!

Yeah, some work hard...and many don't.

Let's find a more indirect example.  Food manufacturers and farmers generate almost 100% of the worlds GDP because without them no one would eat and then everyone would die and no one would make any money.

Whenever anyone talks about unfair pay among professions, athletes and entertainers are always the overpaid ones. People pay big bucks to see them and their products and they're not very easily replaced. No one pays to see teachers teach and there are plenty of qualified people who can take the place of almost any given teacher.

Low demand + high supply = lower salary

Sure, everyone would LIKE a lot of teachers to be payed more because they're generally good people and a lot of athletes/entertainers are douchebags, but their pay isn't unfair.

Holy s***, the "straight shooter" is back!