If Arod deal to Boston happens

sox-r-us

Hey if the Red Sox want an offensive replacement, one Magglio Ordonez would be perfect. Probably won't happen, but hey. Who knows.

On a side note, I don't know why, but I hate that The Sporting News and Fox Sports are together now. I really liked it when TSN was a separate website.

Here's an interesting question. If Boston were to hypothetically trade for ARod, who then has had the better offseason so far, the Yankees or Red Sox?

IMO it's kind of a tough choice. You have the Yanks who have signed Sheff, Gordon, Quantrill, and have traded for Vazquez. The Red Sox have traded for Schilling and given up practically nothing and have traded for ARod and given up Manny, and they then have to trade Garciaparra and will get some good value for him as well.

I think it's tough, but I gotta say the Red Sox would be, mainly because they will stengthen their team quite a bit by getting two of the best players in their general categories(pitching and hitting), and will get some pretty solid players in return for Garciaparra.

WILL ALL OF YOU STOP ASSUMING! GOD! WOULDN'T YOU RATHER HAVE MAGGS OVER THAT ASSHOLE KONERKO WHO CAN'T HIT A BEACH BALL?

If you are a team looking at our roster, would you rather have Konerko at $8 mill who will probably give you .275 25 90 who will almost undoubtedly someday break the record for GIDPs for a season and probably career GIDPs as well, OR Maggs at $14 mill who will probably give you .300-.310 30 110 with a little more mobility, fewer DPs, and more versatility in the field along with being less streaky?

I know I'll give the extra $6 mill to get someone a little better who is not due as much and can actually play a defensive position that takes some effort to play and won't ground into 25 GIDPs a year.

And another thing.....the Red Sox would not need nor want Konerko. He plays 1B and would make a fool of himself in RF. Meanwhile, Maggs can play RF, because he is a RFer, is he not? Maggs is more attractive to them then Konerko is. To get Garciaparra, I would undoubtedly trade Maggs to get him. I'd then be able to switch off Garciaparra and Jose at SS and 2B....probably use Garciaparra at 2B more often because he is a more erratic thrower.

Regardless, I would, if at all possible, like to get rid of both. Maggs and Konerko, our two WORST "sluggers" from last year make $22 mill next year. Thomas and Lee, are two BEST "sluggers" from last year will make somewhere between $12 and $14 mill next year. See why we want to get rid of them? With that $8-10 mill we would save, we could get some pretty good talent in White Sox unis next year, and if we could get Koch off of our hands while only giving up $1 mill or so, it would be an incredible deal

And just an FYI, Konerko struck out 50 times in 444 at bats this year, or a ratio of 1 K ever 9 at bats or so. Maggs struck out 73 times in 605 at bats, or a ratio of about 1 K ever 8.5 at bats. Not a big difference, BUT Maggs and Konerko struck out about the same amount of times, but I know for a fact without doing the math that Konerko had a much better K/BB ratio of just over 1 compared to Maggs which was about 1.5.

On a side note, I don't know why, but I hate that The Sporting News and Fox Sports are together now. I really liked it when TSN was a separate website.

Agreed 150%.

As for the Red Sox and Texas "supposed trade," I could give a crap one way or another. I don't root for either team, and Manny and ARod are disgustingly overpaid, so I really am numb to it either way.

However, I really am envious at teams who have owners who care and "give a s***."

Thanks Jerry. :fyou Jackass.

Here's an interesting question.  If Boston were to hypothetically trade for ARod, who then has had the better offseason so far, the Yankees or Red Sox?

IMO it's kind of a tough choice.  You have the Yanks who have signed Sheff, Gordon, Quantrill, and have traded for Vazquez.  The Red Sox have traded for Schilling and given up practically nothing and have traded for ARod and given up Manny, and they then have to trade Garciaparra and will get some good value for him as well.

I think it's tough, but I gotta say the Red Sox would be, mainly because they will stengthen their team quite a bit by getting two of the best players in their general categories(pitching and hitting), and will get some pretty solid players in return for Garciaparra.

Plus they may wind up with Foulke or Guardado.

Agreed 150%. 

As for the Red Sox and Texas "supposed trade," I could give a crap one way or another.  I don't root for either team, and Manny and ARod are disgustingly overpaid, so I really am numb to it either way. 

However, I really am envious at teams who have owners who care and "give a s***." 

Thanks Jerry. :fyou Jackass.

I hate the 2 web sites combined also. Arod to Boston will happen.