For all you Konerko haters...

T R U

Dont try to say that he hasnt had any good yrs because thats BS.. heres the proof

"..Last season was the only time in his five seasons with the Sox that Konerko did not have at least 81 RBI and 21 homers. He had a career-high 104 RBI in 2002 and 32 homers in 2001. He entered last season with a .287 career batting average and batted a combined .291 in his first four full seasons with the Sox.."

There are plenty of teams that would like that kind of production and consistancy from thier players. Sorry hes no Manny Ramirez, but he has been good for the Sox. I am for the trade to LA for Perez, but I think you guys dont give him the credit that he deserves.

Nobody is complaining about his performance three years ago. For the last 1.5 seasons he has hurt the team. Last year he was awful. I thought he should have been sent down in May when it was still possible, he was hurting the team so badly. How could anyone expect him to do well in 2004? This is another case where the agent completely outsmarts the GM. I don't see how these guys keep their jobs when they piss away so much money.

I never said he was worth 8Mil... I am just sayin that everyone who is saying that he has had "decent" years needs to look again because he has had solid years in which he produced for this team till last yr, and he was a lot better in the second half.. Im not sayin he deserves the 8mil he is gettin, im just sayin that he isnt a sub par player like he is being treated

Yeah, those are nice numbers - for some journeyman making 2 million a year. He's being paid 8 million to be mediocre. Money well spent, isn't it? Meanwhile, thanks to contracts like his, our team is being gutted and "cheapened down."

Defend that.

Nobody is complaining about his performance three years ago.  For the last 1.5 seasons he has hurt the team.  Last year he was awful.  I thought he should have been sent down in May when it was still possible, he was hurting the team so badly.  How could anyone expect him to do well in 2004?  This is another case where the agent completely outsmarts the GM.  I don't see how these guys keep their jobs when they piss away so much money.

I definitely believe that Paulie will return to the .275+ 25+ 100+ range.

Pastime you need to learn how to READ

I did not say he was worth 8 mil.. I am arguing the point that he has been ABOVE mediocre which he has. All the ppl who said he had only one half of good baseball when he has clearly produced for us.

read it right next time.. I am not trying to say hes worth the money

Dont try to say that he hasnt had any good yrs because thats BS.. heres the proof

"..Last season was the only time in his five seasons with the Sox that Konerko did not have at least 81 RBI and 21 homers. He had a career-high 104 RBI in 2002 and 32 homers in 2001. He entered last season with a .287 career batting average and batted a combined .291 in his first four full seasons with the Sox.."

There are plenty of teams that would like that kind of production and consistancy from thier players. Sorry hes no Manny Ramirez, but he has been good for the Sox. I am for the trade to LA for Perez, but I think you guys dont give him the credit that he deserves.

Your right, Konerko is a good player, but the Sox shouldn't be playing 8 mill a year for a good player...not when they are planning on going deep without a big time budget.

You can get similar production to his career numbers for less money by getting someone like Brad Fullmer or Rafael Palmerio.

I am arguing the point that he has been ABOVE mediocre which he has.

Since when is .234 18 65 above mediocre? Joe Crede put up better numbers than that this year, and he was in his first full season in the majors.

Paul had an outstanding first half of 2002, and then has done s*** for this ballclub, aside from one huge home run off of Eddie Guardado in early July. And the fact that he is getting $8 mill is outrageous(which you have said to a lesser extent before).

And the fact that he is averaging about 20-25 GIDPs a year is goddamn terrible. We have enough GIDP machines on this team as it is.

Since when is .234 18 65 above mediocre?  Joe Crede put up better numbers than that this year, and he was in his first full season in the majors. 

Paul had an outstanding first half of 2002, and then has done s*** for this ballclub, aside from one huge home run off of Eddie Guardado in early July.  And the fact that he is getting $8 mill is outrageous(which you have said to a lesser extent before). 

And the fact that he is averaging about 20-25 GIDPs a year is goddamn terrible.  We have enough GIDP machines on this team as it is.

Look at his numbers from 99-02. That's above mediocre. PK's 2003 was subpar, for sure. But I think that will prove to be the exception, rather than the rule.

Look at his numbers from 99-02.  That's above mediocre.  PK's 2003 was subpar, for sure.  But I think that will prove to be the exception, rather than the rule.

I hope you're right. Because quite frankly, I'm not sure what to expect from him.

And his 20-25 GIDPs don't help the team, when we already have 3 other guys that do that too.

I don't doubt that Konerko will come back to .280 25 - 100.. But he's not worth the 8 Million. He sucks on Defense, can't run and he's too streaky.. Plus 25 GIDP's really hurt

Rather Trade Konerko and Sign Scott Spiezio cheaper