Who should go to the Sugar Bowl?

Who should go to the national title game?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who should go to the national title game?

• USC vs. LSU
    • LSU vs. OU
    • USC vs. OU

This isn't the playoffs. OU has 1 loss and I don't see any undefeated teams. OU has been very impressive all season long. As a U of Texas Longhorn fan this is killing me to say but, I still think they are the best team in the country. I can't see jumping any two of the 3 teams mentioned past them. OU spent most of the season blowing out some good teams by 4 and 5 touchdowns.

I think OU is probably going to beat LSU, but they might fall like Miami. OU isn't used to losing, heck they aren't used to being down at all. It showed against K State. Once Miami lost one game (and it was a blowout like OU) they weren't the same for a few weeks. Either way I think OU is one of the best 2 teams in the nation, but the results are all that matter and losing 35-7 in your last game while LSU and USC win in blowouts looks bad. LSU vs. USC is what it should be.

This makes absoletuly no sense. First you say Oklahoma is one of the best two teams in the nation... Then you said they don't belong in the championship? What is the point of the BCS if it's not going to pit one of the top 2 teams in the nation in the national championship? No one has said that losing 35-7 looks good, but it's completely faulty logic if you think that a team that has clearly shown itself to be one of the 2 best in the nation over a 3-month season doesn't deserve to play in the Sugar Bowl because of 1 loss.

My beef is that the #1 team in both human polls isn't there, however, LSU is screwing USC. The Sooners earned their shot at the title a week before K-State.

I heard a modification to the BCS system that I liked. If the #1 and #2 teams are the same in both (all) human polls, those are the teams that play in the title game. Don't let the computers override the humans.

I heard a modification to the BCS system that I liked. If the #1 and #2 teams are the same in both (all) human polls, those are the teams that play in the title game. Don't let the computers override the humans.

Not a bad idea. It really is a joke that the #1 team in the country is left out of the title game. But as I think the BCS is a blatant attempt to keep the rich schools rich, I think it is hilarious, and let it collapse.

For those of you who voted USC vs OU why reward a school that played a weak schedule?

The only ranked opponent USC faced was WSU (15). ND beat WSU!

You should take the time to look at the combined W-L record of USC's opponents.

It might be the weakest schedule ever for #1 ranked team.

The BCS got it right. For those who forgot, OU trounced TEXAS (5).

OU played 3 ranked opponents & went 2-1. Demolishing the first 2 & losing to the last.

LSU played 4 ranked opponents & I think their only loss was Florida.