University of Indiana

DBAHO

I hav a friend down here who's a sprinter (he can run 10.3 sec for the 100m) and he's mullin an offer by the University of Indiana of an atheletics scholarship to join the uni next year. However, he's got sum doubts whether or not he wants to go ova there cos he don't know much bout the Uni. Does any1 here know much about it and is it actually any good?

I hav a friend down here who's a sprinter (he can run 10.3 sec for the 100m) and he's mullin an offer by the University of Indiana of an atheletics scholarship to join the uni next year. However, he's got sum doubts whether or not he wants to go ova there cos he don't know much bout the Uni. Does any1 here know much about it and is it actually any good?

Here's an outsider view, I have no personal experience as to the academic aspects A high school friend of mine went to IU and really liked it a lot. I visited him once during Little 500 weekend (the big bike race depicted in the film "breaking Away") and it was a lot of fun. I and maybe a dozen others fell through the loft-roof of barn when it gave way during a keg party, so that was fairly memorable. The campus was pleasant and the local music scene at the time was acceptable. Thet's all I can offer, I'm sure others will chime in.

IU's got a great campus, so great that I'll be going there next year! :lol: I'm planning on majoring in some kind of business major. IU has the Kelley School of Business in Bloomington. It's rated the best in the nation for business. I'll post a link to the campus site, if you want to check that out.

Indiana University

IU's got a great campus, so great that I'll be going there next year! :lol: I'm planning on majoring in some kind of business major.  IU has the Kelley School of Business in Bloomington.  It's rated the best in the nation for business.  I'll post a link to the campus site, if you want to check that out. 

Indiana University

No disrespect intended but I thought that Pennsylvania had the highest rated school of business.

I know a bunch of people who go there. Two of them wrestle, and have not said anything bad about the school. You know you will get a good school in the Big Ten (obviously not Ivy or anything, but you see what I am saying). There is an Aussie on the Rowing team here at MSU, and I can ask her what it was like adapting to an American college while playing a sport if you would like.

No disrespect intended but I thought that Pennsylvania had the highest rated school of business.

Penn, aka The Wharton school of business is constantly ranked as the top business school. Amongst Penn other Top 5 schools are Michigan, Northwestern, University of Chicago, and your Harvard type schools.

Indiana's is pretty good.

As far as MBA programs, Northwesterns is supposed to be top dog. But for public Schools, Michigan is probably one of the best in the country. Thats hopefully where I'll be going in a year and a half. Joint MBA/Law Degree here I come...first up my undergrad :D

I know a bunch of people who go there. Two of them wrestle, and have not said anything bad about the school. You know you will get a good school in the Big Ten (obviously not Ivy or anything, but you see what I am saying). There is an Aussie on the Rowing team here at MSU, and I can ask her what it was like adapting to an American college while playing a sport if you would like.

Oh that'd be great if u could do that Steve. I think my buddy wants to go, he's just deciding whether he should go next year or not. It'd be cool if he did, cos I'm prob gonna go to America in a few years as well and work ova there, and it'd be nice to know sum1 from here as well. Sounds like a good uni though. :D

IU has the Kelley School of Business in Bloomington.  It's rated the best in the nation for business.  I'll post a link to the campus site, if you want to check that out. 

Indiana University

Have you ever heard of Northwestern, University Of Chicago, Michigan, etc, etc..

As far as what I know of IU.. it's a great party school :cheers

IU's got a great campus, so great that I'll be going there next year! :lol: I'm planning on majoring in some kind of business major.  IU has the Kelley School of Business in Bloomington.  It's rated the best in the nation for business.  I'll post a link to the campus site, if you want to check that out. 

Indiana University

IU isn't even close to #1, Univeristy of Pennsylvania is #1 (Wharton). IU is 10th or 11th, with their business management program ranked 4th nationally.

IU has a great running program. Consistently one of the Nation's top schools in X-Country and Track.

Yeah that's why my friend is really interested in goin there. He's runnin in the National Australian Championships next week and then he's gonna decide, but if he can get in, he'll be goin. It sounds like a good school to go to though.