Dirty Bomb Rockets disappeared

southsider2k5

Why it whatever there is a HUGE international news, it gets few if any hits on this board?

People are ready to yell and moan for days on end about a few people dying in a high-rise fire or Kobe helping himself to a nice white piece of ass or some man falling down world's largest kitchen sink.....but when the news as potentally devastating as the above hit, no response?

I guess when Islamic state is established on the bones of failed democracy in Iraq after a particularly bloody revolution, and they announce they have Iran's nuclear weapons and intend to use them on Israel or LA aggressors, there will be a collective yawn as well.

Why it whatever there is a HUGE international news, it gets few if any hits on this board? 

People are ready to yell and moan for days on end about a few people dying in a high-rise fire or Kobe helping himself to a nice white piece of ass or some mad falling down world's largest kitchen sink.....but when the news as potentally devastating as the above hit, no response? 

I guess when Islamic state is established on the bones of failed democracy in Iraq after a particularly bloody revolution, and they announce they have Iran's nuclear weapons and intend to use them on Israel or LA aggressors, there will be a collective yawn as well.

It seems like unless Apu replies on it somewhere, it can't be a real "political" thread...

Seriously, I have kind of wondered that myself. Things like this are a pretty big deal if you ask me.

It seems like unless Apu replies on it somewhere, it can't be a real "political" thread...

Seriously, I have kind of wondered that myself.  Things like this are a pretty big deal if you ask me.

I guess it's the "if I don't think about it, it won't happen" type thing.

Or maybe just plain ol' ignorance of facts- I mean, with all the shopping and button-punching and boozing (not in any particular order), who has tme for news?

I think there's a lot about this to be said. If the Bush administration is that concerned about terrorists not having the tools to do their job, why isnt recovering these things a priority? There have been warnings for years about this kind of s***. Instead, we're too busy wrapping Iraqi villages in barbed wire. Priorities, I guess.

I think there's a lot about this to be said. If the Bush administration is that concerned about terrorists not having the tools to do their job, why isnt recovering these things a priority? There have been warnings for years about this kind of s***. Instead, we're too busy wrapping Iraqi villages in barbed wire. Priorities, I guess.

Wait wait...people still believe this war was about getting weapons of mass destruction? :lol:

I am just thankful I don't live in Israel.   Over the next few decades, THAT place will be hell on earth.  Poor Jews.

By all accounts its already hell over there. Couldnt imagine fearing for my life evertime I board a bus or eat in a cafe.

If anyting the U.S. will be hell in 10 years. This war will create a whole new generation of anti-American terrorists bent on destroying our nation. If Al Qeada arised from the Gulf Waf......think what could happen now. Just as a conservative estimate, lets say there are 1,000 Al-Qeada trained terrorists/supporters in the U.S. Now if every one of them became a suicide bomber think of the implications; this country would become the new Israel.

The Soviets were a bunch of bastards. You think this stuff would have some security. It's like when there was a controversy about whether or not some briefcase nukes had been lost...how the f*** do you let a nuclear weapon get lost??

stupid russians.

The Soviets were a bunch of bastards. You think this stuff would have some security. It's like when there was a controversy about whether or not some briefcase nukes had been lost...how the f*** do you let a nuclear weapon get lost??

Showing woeful lack of familiarity with the georgaphy and geopolitical climate of the region(s) circa 1990s, are we?

To say it was inevitable would be an understatement. We are talking about 10,000s of poorly guarded, dilapedated warhead command points spread out on the vast post-USSR territory.......Not that a dirty bomb and a warhead have much in common, mind you. But you get the idea of how easy it is to "lose" this stuff.

stupid russians.

This coming from a soul-less, greedy Yankee cretin such as yourself? :lol:

Poor Jews huh?  So why do your people cry and whine about U.S support of Isreal then?

"You people"? WTF is wrong with you, NUKE.

There is not a single person on these boards who is as PRO-Israel as I am. Right now, Isreal is on the brink of destruction and few people know or care about it. The way it's being forced to deal with its enemie with BOTH handstied behind its back is nothing short of disgusting, and almost every country INCLUDING this one is to blame.

Anti-zionism/anti-semitism is alive and kicking and is reaching levels unheard of only 12-15 years ago-- hell since 1930s Germany. But I digress.

Showing woeful lack of familiarity with the georgaphy and geopolitical climate of the region(s) circa 1990s, are we?

To say it was inevitable would be an understatement.  We are talking about 10,000s of poorly guarded, dilapedated warhead command points spread out on the vast post-USSR territory.......Not that a dirty bomb and a warhead have much in common, mind you.  But you get the idea of how easy it is to "lose" this stuff.  

This coming from a soul-less, greedy Yankee cretin such as yourself?   :lol:

Collapse of government and economy, horrible.

Collapse of satellite states, did soem definate harm.

So all of the sudden it is ok to lose your nuclear weapons? The gaurds just left? I understand what was going on in Russia in the early 90's. Political chaos. So how do you lose something like a nuclear weapon.

Only 4 suitcase nukes were made (I believe that is the figure). So obviously these were not spread out among the random isolated outposts in eastern russia where a corrupt gaurd could just hand it to an islamic radical for money. When they are so precious that there are only 4 in existence they are more likely to be somewhere in a vault in a large base. So it is not inevitable that it is 'misplaced' only stupidity could land something like that in the hands of a terrorist.

I don't consider myself soul-less or greedy, and I don't think of myself as a cretin. But I am a yankee :usa

There is not a single person on these boards who is as PRO-Israel as I am.      Right now, Isreal is on the brink of destruction and few people know or care about it.    The way it's being forced to deal with its enemie with BOTH handstied behind its back is nothing short of disgusting, and almost every country INCLUDING this one is to blame.

Anti-zionism/anti-semitism is alive and kicking and is reaching levels unheard of only 12-15 years ago-- hell since 1930s Germany. But I digress.

Isreal will never collapse. It may be going through harsh times, but I think numerous countries, INCLUDING this one, would intervene on Isreal's behalf.

There is not a single person on these boards who is as PRO-Israel as I am.      Right now, Isreal is on the brink of destruction and few people know or care about it.    The way it's being forced to deal with its enemie with BOTH handstied behind its back is nothing short of disgusting, and almost every country INCLUDING this one is to blame.

Isreal will never collapse. It may be going through harsh times, but I think numerous countries, INCLUDING this one, would intervene on Isreal's behalf.

The way it's being forced to deal with its enemie with BOTH handstied behind its back is nothing short of disgusting, and almost every country INCLUDING this one is to blame.

Explain to me how we are to blame for Isreals problems when we have been their most staunch ally all these years. All that money we give them, all that military hardware, hell, we even have patriot missile batteries posted along its eastern borders.

Explain to me how we are to blame for Isreals problems when we have been their most staunch ally all these years.  All that money we give them, all that military hardware, hell, we even have patriot missile batteries posted along its eastern borders.

I suggest you beef up on the history of NATO, UN, foreign relations cousel and the 50+ years of Israeli history, including military-, since it's inception. (I am talking about national hypocrisy and greed at its worst as well as outright provocation and perpetration of crimes.)

If you think US is Israel's best friend, you're kidding yourself. At best it's a lukewarm diplomatic alliance, partnership based on what exactly? Democratical ideals? Like with rebuilding Iraq, freedom.....