Fuck Fuck Fuck

WSoxShuf

To Sox r Us (and all the other Sox apologists)!

If you went to a restaurant and the food/service was subpar, would you keep going there?

What if the restaurant management said to you that "we'll improve on our food/service if/when you come to eat more frequently, and spend more money here". Would you continue to eat there? Would you then get more people to eat there so management MIGHT improve things?

HELL F***KING NO!!!

That is what the Sox have been doing to it's fans for the last 10+ years...to paraphrase, "we know the Sox are average at best and noncompetitive, but if you come out to the park and spend more of your hard earned money, and if lots of people do the same...maybe then we'll TRY to get better." It's bulls***, and we've been eating it long enough!

(By the way I have been going to between 15-20 games per year on average, so I'm guilty of being a chump as well!)

Fans need to DEMAND that Reinsdorf sell the team! The best way to do that is by not showing up! IF (when) the Sox do nothing at the Winter Meetings, I will not go back to The Cell.

Just remember the BIGGEST lie Jerry has ever hoisted on the Sox fans, "I would trade all six of the Bulls championships for one Sox World Series Championship."

What a crock!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

real fans go to games

going to games is a part of my way of life

not going to games is a vote to have the franchise moved to another city

and there is nothing in the world that will keep me from spending time with my grandson and my friends and family at USCF from April through September and the occasional October - those are memories and good times that cannot be replaced

...Then, don't complain that the team sucks!

Riensdorf doesn't care if we rip him on websites such as this, as long as we spend our money on his crappy "product(s)". He cares only about the "bottom line", i.e., how much money the team makes.

If you think Jerry/KW give a rat's ass about the fans, you're out of your f***ing mind(s)!

If the Sox fans would fill the stadium, even during losing seasons, like the Cub fans do, then they would have a 90mill payroll like the cubs too

Face it, we are responsible for our team not having the resources....it is very simple economics.

It will improve once the new deal with USCellular revenues help the Sox and hopefully, once the stadium gets more fan friendly with the reconstruction. Also, the Comcast deal may help the Sox out...but until then, hope and pray

I am sure we can win our weak ass division without spending too much right now with who we have signed. If we can get Guadardo from the Twinks, that will be awesome. I think you will see more moves by the Sox at the trade deadline since those deals do not cost much $.

Bull s***, Reinsdork is making a dam Profit. He doesn't spend a dime and he raises ticket Prices again... If you noticed when the SOx got Robbie and Everrett and were in the race there was 30,000 plus. Sox fans aren't moron Cub fans, who go to the park and watch a piece of Crap that Manegement puts on the field. When Reinsdork decides to put a competitive team on the field and spend some dough the fan will come. The sad thing is Jerry is too f***ing cheap to see it that way..

:fyou :fyou :fyou Jerry

Just to add....

If Jerry Reinsdorf and his partners weren't making a profit on the White Sox, why would they still want to own the franchise after 20+ years just to lose money? This ownership group has one of the longer tenures in the MLB.

If you believe that JR and his partners aren't bringing home something after each season closes, then I have an oceanfront estate in Iowa I'd like to sell you.

If you noticed when the SOx got Robbie and Everrett and were in the race there was 30,000 plus.

I hate to quibble with you on this small point but...these two players were picked up when the Sox were under .500 and it was with their addition that the team accelerated a turnaround in the standings. It's also a point to mention that their salaries were primarily picked up by their previous teams and their acquisitions had very small effects on the actual payroll. Also, to that point in the year, the Sox were not drawing any better than they had drawn in the past. The short version? I contend that your theory about 30K+ fans resulting in better player pickups is simply not the case. The moves were made as a reaction to the shoddy play with which the '03 season had begun and not as some sort of "reward" for fans coming to the ballpark.

...Then, don't complain that the team sucks!

Riensdorf doesn't care if we rip him on websites such as this, as long as we spend our money on his crappy "product(s)". He cares only about the "bottom line", i.e., how much money the team makes.

If you think Jerry/KW give a rat's ass about the fans, you're out of your f***ing mind(s)!

when have I complained "the team sucks"?????????

If I were to say that, I would say it more eloquently but I haven't said that. Haven't said they are good either.

I am not remotely sorry that I disagree with your stay at home theory. I do not think that attending games and supporting my team and enjoyiong the time with friends and family is a bad thing under any circumstances but I do know low attendance is a precursor to no payroll and a team moving

when you boycott the Sox, exactly what does that mean? How many tickets have you personally bought over the past 10 years, each year?

And by the way, I am no JR apologist but I have also met the man and talked to the man and I disagree with you on your great insights into a person you've never met. I think JR wants to win, and wants to win a lot. I have not agreed with the way that he has gone about it, but I do not question his character.

I hate to quibble with you on this small point but...these two players were picked up when the Sox were under .500 and it was with their addition that the team accelerated a turnaround in the standings.  It's also a point to mention that their salaries were primarily picked up by their previous teams and their acquisitions had very small effects on the actual payroll.  Also, to that point in the year, the Sox were not drawing any better than they had drawn in the past.  The short version?  I contend that your theory about 30K+ fans resulting in better player pickups is simply not the case.  The moves were made as a reaction to the shoddy play with which the '03 season had begun and not as some sort of "reward" for fans coming to the ballpark.

welcome to soxtalk!!! :cheers :cheers :cheers

It's not enough for Jerry to say he wants to win...actions speak louder than words!

He can't expect people to pay money to see a mediocre (at best) ballclub; that is asinine!

I love the Sox, have been a fan since 1972, and want nothing more than for them to win a world series...or at the VERY least, be competitive. It's NOT going to happen with the current ownership/management team in place.

(By the way, I have been a paying customer to 15-20 games per year on average!)

You are right about one thing...I have never met Mr. Reinsdorf...but if I did, I'd suggest that if he really loves the Whitesox and their fans, he should sell the team!

It's not enough for Jerry to say he wants to win...actions speak louder than words!

He can't expect people to pay money to see a mediocre (at best) ballclub; that is asinine!

I love the Sox, have been a fan since 1972, and want nothing more than for them to win a world series...or at the VERY least, be competitive. It's NOT going to happen with the current ownership/management team in place.

(By the way, I have been a paying customer to 15-20 games per year on average!)

You are right about one thing...I have never met Mr. Reinsdorf...but if I did, I'd suggest that if he really loves the Whitesox and their fans, he should sell the team!

we haven't finiushed below 3 and only once below 2nd for the last 6-7 years, that is hardly mediocre

chill out

Last time I checked second gets you nothing and realize that we've been second in the weakest division in the league.

Don't get me wrong, I am not panicing, but I am not getting my hopes up for the upcoming season. I've adopted this way of life to keep me sane and a fan of the White Sox.

What? I guess our Roman 2.0 doesn't get few points:

1. Many people go to games to ENJOY themselves in the company of friends and/or family. Winning team takes a DISTANT second place to FUN FACTOR.....though the former often does enhances the latter, but whatever.

Just like you would go to a cliched comedy like Bad Santa to have fun and you don't care that it doesn't win an Oscar or you go to great america with your kids not caring that it doesn't have the best rides in the world so long as you have a good time........same with sports. well, almost.

2. JR won't go into RED trying to improve team's chances of winning WS. If you don't attend, don't consume or don't even watch the Sox on FREE television (have you seen WGN rating?), there is no revenue and cash flow........So don't expect anything more than a payroll in the bottom half.

Keep up the good work, and JR will slash payroll under 40 Mill. That's what gonna happen if this Sox team doesn't produce and if fans don't show up ina renovated park in 2004/2005.

we haven't finiushed below 3 and only once below 2nd for the last 6-7 years, that is hardly mediocre

chill out

If second place in this crap division is a measure of success well then we are successful. I canceled my season ticket plan for next year (ranged from 27 to 81 games since 1991.) I will go to games as a casual fan this season, maybe 5. The casual fan will probably go to 1 or 2. The Sox will not draw 1.5M with the current team. Fans are tired ot the BS the owner who professes he wants to win but refuses to understand what it takes. Signing your players and taking risk is a major part of the game and he ruses to accept this. He wants guarantees (incentive based contracts,) and will not take the risk.

See even tho they have been competitive it has been clear for 10-15 years that there is not the lets try to go out there and not only win but win big and possibly build a dynasty.

It is more hey we got a decent team lets try to catch ligthning in the bottle. Chicago deserves more then this we want the Bulls pounding on everyone else. We want the Bears not only winning but killing people. Not this hey we can trade for X or sign big name free agent Y. Lets trade for X because we can get rid of some salary.

Im sick of it...Im sick of them renovating the part of USCF that people dont sit in. I think that is ridiculous. They should concentrate on getting the lower deck full of Season ticket holders then worry about filling the upper deck. Sure the whole stadium will look nicer, but coupling that with basically cutting the talent level will result in a nicer looking stadium with fewer people in the seats.

With the economy picking up I anticipated back in Octoberthat I would spring for 4 box seat season ticket packages for my employees, cause I thought the Sox would realize that next year they will be murdered in press coverages because of the Cubs postseason. Not now...I anticipate 1 or 2 games with my boys.

Brandofan:

You NEED to pay attention to "HSC'S Biggest Fan"...he (she?) knows the sad truth.

If the Sox had a $40 million payroll, they wouldn't be competitive, and they won't be competitive with a $60-65 million payroll either.

I want the Sox to be playoff contenders EVERY year...in today's MLB, you can' t do that without spending money!

:stupid

I hate to quibble with you on this small point but...these two players were picked up when the Sox were under .500 and it was with their addition that the team accelerated a turnaround in the standings.  It's also a point to mention that their salaries were primarily picked up by their previous teams and their acquisitions had very small effects on the actual payroll.  Also, to that point in the year, the Sox were not drawing any better than they had drawn in the past.  The short version?  I contend that your theory about 30K+ fans resulting in better player pickups is simply not the case.  The moves were made as a reaction to the shoddy play with which the '03 season had begun and not as some sort of "reward" for fans coming to the ballpark.

To go on with that, if the Sox were willing to pick up part of the tab, they wouldn't of had to give up Josh Rupe and Royce Ring, whom I think are the two best players that came out of that deal. Rupe is by far the best, imo. I don't mention Anthony Webster because I think he has a lot of things to still work on and the Sox have a ton of outfield prospects.

And I think the Sox went after the two players because they wanted to go to the series so they could be in position to keep most of their players and re-enter the picture as a large market team. I firmly believe a world series win would cure a lot of problems. It wouldn't fix all problems, but it would be the type of thing that would really get things heading in the right direction.

chill out

Sorry Vince, but thats exactly mediocre. Mediocrity is being lulled in the middle and thats exactly what the Sox have done.

I give them credit for this past season, but I also believe they buried their own graves by offering some stupid ass contracts and now they have no payroll flexibility. A team can compete at 60 mill, but to do so they can't be attached to certain players because once people want big pay days, you have to be the very best, otherwise its not worth it and you should get quality cheap players in return and re-invest some money on some free agents.

And the Sox have been mediocre although by getting Colon, Koch, Everett, Sully, Alomar they were trying to cure those woes...but it didn't happen, possibly because they stuck with JM too long, maybe it was never JM's fault and they just had crap chemistry and players that had no desire.

Sox HAVE been competitive if above .500 record in a worthless division can termed as such, it's true......but after 86 years of futility, and considering every year we are not an elite team we lose a bunch of fans, further reducing our chances at great revenue and payroll for upcoming year........85 WINS IS NOT ENOUGH.

But CW has two good points as well: the "fun time at the ballpark regardless of the product" arguement and the "if you don't come, JR won't spend and team won't win" one.