Kenny Williams - The Swindler

johndyce

Kenny Williams did a perfect trade. All we gave up were guys who are just roadblocks for our youngsters to hurdle, Liefer, Osuna, and Biddle) and a minor leaguer who isnt that good. We got in return one of the best A.L pitchers of the last five years, and an actually good prospect. I was reading he hit like .286 last year with 27 SB's in 91 games. We needed some speed in our lineup and we got it. How does the money thing work? I was looking at the ESPN thing and it looked like they gave us 2 million to take some guys off their hands

Kenny Williams did a perfect trade.  All we gave up were guys who are just roadblocks for our youngsters to hurdle, Liefer, Osuna, and Biddle)  and a minor leaguer who isnt that good.  We got in return one of the best A.L pitchers of the last five years, and an actually good prospect.  I was reading he hit like .286 last year with 27 SB's in 91 games.  We needed some speed in our lineup and we got it.  How does the money thing work?  I was looking at the ESPN thing and it looked like they gave us 2 million to take some guys off their hands

The kid we got was someone the Dodgers were rather high on, dating back from the day they got him in the Shawn Green deal. I think they moved him to the Orioles two years ago to get that older reliever, that struggled with the Dodgers down the strecth (I forget his name).

This guy has a ton of speed and sounds like a good option as a utility infielder if Graffy isn't ready, or if the Sox would rather give Harris and Hummell extended playing time in AAA, rather then having one sit on the bench.

KW is now a great GM, all his past erros can be forgiven.

Whoa whoa whoa... Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

The fact remains that 2 years ago, he took a team that was coming off a 95 win season with an average age of 27.5 and turned it into a .500 ballclub in 2 years; and despite the fact that today he did add Colon (a great move, IMO), there are still holes and question marks surrounding this team. I won't criticize KW, for now, but I certainly won't forget previous blunders (Clayton, Alomar, Alomar (again), Ritchie, etc.)

We're not the 2003 World Champs yet. Let's worry about beating Minnesota first, guys.

At least for today KW is GOD!

Do I give KW credit for getting Bartolo Colon for relatively nothing? Hell yeah I do. Glad to see we weren't the ones getting fleeced for once. But..... AND THIS IS A BIG BUT..... let's not all go and suck KW's dick just yet. This is the best deal of his GM tenure by far, but this deal doesn't make up for the K-layton acquisition, the Ritchie deal, the Durham trade, etc. Maybe some of the posters are right in stating that KW is perhaps growing into the position of GM. I fully plan on giving KW a tip-of-the-hat at SoxFest. Thank you KW!!!!! :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

As for JR? He can still go f*** himself. Even with acquiring Colon, the payroll is still below that of 2002.

At least for today KW is GOD!

Do I give KW credit for getting Bartolo Colon for relatively nothing? Hell yeah I do. Glad to see we weren't the ones getting fleeced for once. But..... AND THIS IS A BIG BUT..... let's not all go and suck KW's dick just yet. This is the best deal of his GM tenure by far, but this deal doesn't make up for the K-layton acquisition, the Ritchie deal, the Durham trade, etc. Maybe some of the posters are right in stating that KW is perhaps growing into the position of GM. I fully plan on giving KW a tip-of-the-hat at SoxFest. Thank you KW!!!!! :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

As for JR? He can still go f*** himself. Even with acquiring Colon, the payroll is still below that of 2002.

i am with you on this. this happens to be the first time that kw did the fleecing. i will give him the cudos that he deserves today. but does it make up for his past f*** ups. almost but not quite there yet. now if he adds more and maybe vazquez in a seperate trade. then i might be a backer of kw.

way to go kw. you did great on this deal.