ESPN 1000 Radio Show

Guest JimH

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes into the show ....

The Sox are sniffing around Ponson per Bruce Levine's sources.  They also have an interest in Jeff Suppan.

Suppan? When will they make a big splash? I expect more than a bunch of average ballplayers this winter. While Suppan is not bad, he shouldn't be higher than a number 5.

Good comment by John Rooney re: Koch ...

"Forget the velocity, get your command straightened out."

Levine doesn't think there's anything wrong with his arm, just his mechanics.

Levine thinks the Sox will wait until 12/20 re: the bullpen, when some guys are non-tendered.

Levine expects one of Konerko, Lee, or Ordonez to be traded within the next 5-6 days (although he talked earlier he doesn't expect it to be Maggs).

Neither Levine or Rooney appear to be that high on Willie Harris ... Rooney used the term "4-A" player, i.e. too good for Triple A, not good enough for the majors.

Hey Brian, my compliments ... too many people get on the radio and just b**** and repeat themselves. You got to the point and made it quick, good for you.

TQ ... yeah, I'm pissed about Sullivan too. Geezus. And to the Royals yet. I am crabby at a minimum, I may have to go to The Lantern and quaff a few tomorrow.

:lol:

Good comment by John Rooney re: Koch ...

"Forget the velocity, get your command straightened out."

Levine doesn't think there's anything wrong with his arm, just his mechanics.

Levine thinks the Sox will wait until 12/20 re: the bullpen, when some guys are non-tendered.

Levine expects one of Konerko, Lee, or Ordonez to be traded within the next 5-6 days (although he talked earlier he doesn't expect it to be Maggs).

Neither Levine or Rooney appear to be that high on Willie Harris ... Rooney used the term "4-A" player, i.e. too good for Triple A, not good enough for the majors.

I don't care who gets traded I just want some action!

Hey Brian, my compliments ... too many people get on the radio and just b**** and repeat themselves.  You got to the point and made it quick, good for you.

TQ ... yeah, I'm pissed about Sullivan too.  Geezus.  And to the Royals yet.  I am crabby at a minimum, I may have to go to The Lantern and quaff a few tomorrow.

:lol:

Dude, are you really going to the lantern? If so let me know we can continue this conversation there. What did the Sox offer Sullivan? 1 Million. The word is going to get out that we are cheap bastards. I don't get it. Sullivan made less than last year, and we were not even in the picture.I really don't get it.

Rooney on Aaron Rowand:

Great intangibles, would be a decent corner OF, but not sold on him as a CF. The more I listen to Rooney, the more I like his thought process.

Levine says Kenny Lofton likely to Padres, 2 yr. deal.

On the subject of leadoff hitters ... says he expects KW to address it.

Levine says on the first base situation ... Thomas is not far behind Konerko in the field, Konerko's year was so bad. Levine is suggesting, only his own opinion, that Lee might be a decnet 1B (I disagree Bruce!).

Levine now talking about how critical it is the Sox improve their defense, specifically mentioning OF defense.

Thanks for the updates Jim. I think Levine was right on the money when he mentioned the 20th. Their are gonna be a record number of players non tendered.

I think one of those guys could end up being Freddy Garcia, I just don't think he has value and if the Mariners add Tejada on top of Guardado, they may not want to spend an estimated on Garcia, allowing him to join the FA ranks.

Either way their are supposed to be a ton of guys non tendered, some of them very good players.

KW wants to keep El Caballo per Levine ... cheaper contract, more upside.

Oops ... Rooney is a big Konerko fan. But he's frustrated he hasn't gotten it done the last year and a half. Rooney suggests Konerko beats himself up too much.

Levine is saying the Dodgers turned down the Konerko for Odallis Perez deal, as recently as yesterday. Ouch.

Dan Evans is really under the fire in Los Angeles, that may be the reason.

Rooney suggests they have lots of holes ... 1B, 2B, CF, pitching. But he says lots of teams have the same holes, and it's December, not April.

Rooney on Aaron Rowand:

Great intangibles, would be a decent corner OF, but not sold on him as a CF.  The more I listen to Rooney, the more I like his thought process.

Levine says Kenny Lofton likely to Padres, 2 yr. deal.

On the subject of leadoff hitters ... says he expects KW to address it.

Levine says on the first base situation ... Thomas is not far behind Konerko in the field, Konerko's year was so bad.  Levine is suggesting, only his own opinion, that Lee might be a decnet 1B (I disagree Bruce!).

Levine now talking about how critical it is the Sox improve their defense, specifically mentioning OF defense.

Doesn't Kenny Lofton get tired going to losing teams EVERY year only to get traded to a contender come playoff time?

Maybe he likes it :lol:

White Sox, Pirates, now Padres

Oh boy....

They're going to have Josh Lewin, the announcer, on in a few minutes to talk about some book he wrote about the winter meetings.

They're on break now for a few minutes.

Sox fans in Chicago ... call in! We don't want to much Cubbie s*** chit chat.