ESPN 1000 Radio Show

Guest JimH

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, two things about the central, KC wants to win it, they are making good solid moves and have improved. The Twins lost some things but they are loaded with Minor league talent and Joe Nathan is very good. They are still a good team. Quite frankly we have lost the most so far and have gotten nothing in return yet.

Not trying to belabor this, but why is it that the Twins are "loaded with minor-league talent" and Sox fans are cringing with fear about playing "untested players"? Until they prove it at the major-league level, minor-leaguers are all just prospects.

That, in my opinion, is just perception. the grass being greener on the other side and all that s***....

need ozzie to come on and tell everybody to relax, that we're going to make some moves that will make people more optimistic.

as it stands, Guillen and Cora are the two best players we have added.

Maybe Ozzie is going to announce that he's coming back as Sox shortstop and they intend on moving Jose to 2nd :D

So the point would be we would need to committ a second year. So what. he is good for 2.5 million.

Sad very sad

Remember we were scared to commit to 4 years to Colon when we were willing to pay for 3 years

So it does not surprise me that we wanted Sully for one year when he wanted two

Jerry R should just f***ing sell, asswipe

Not trying to belabor this, but why is it that the Twins are "loaded with minor-league talent" and Sox fans are cringing with fear about playing "untested players"? Until they prove it at the major-league level, minor-leaguers are all just prospects.

That, in my opinion, is just perception. the grass being greener on the other side and all that s***....

critic, quite frankly they have been proving it. Most of there team was built from there farm. morneau, 1B, Nathan who they just got in a trade, and the catcher they have coming up are top propects. The team they ahve been playing with the past three years were mostly from there own org. My point is they have a better M league system than we do. In fact I would argue ours is near the bottom.

Thanks for the updates Jim.  I think Levine was right on the money when he mentioned the 20th.  Their are gonna be a record number of players non tendered. 

I think one of those guys could end up being Freddy Garcia, I just don't think he has value and if the Mariners add Tejada on top of Guardado, they may not want to spend an estimated on Garcia, allowing him to join the FA ranks.

Either way their are supposed to be a ton of guys non tendered, some of them very good players.

Curious CSF but who do you think all these players are going to be? I know you think Garcia is but I disagree. So if I'm right then who else? What big time pitchers were non-tenders last yr? And if this flood of players does materialize won't that mean that our players will be there too? Schoneweis and Wunsch? How about the two that'll really cost us in arb, CLee and Burly?

Curious CSF but who do you think all these players are going to be? I know you think Garcia is but I disagree. So if I'm right then who else? What big time pitchers were non-tenders last yr? And if this flood of players does materialize won't that mean that our players will be there too? Schoneweis and Wunsch? How about the two that'll really cost us in arb, CLee and Burly?

Lee and Buehrle won't, but Christian Guzman is rumored, Jacque Jones could be if the Twins can't deal him by the 20th. Then you have Jay Payton, Braden Looper (Rumored earlier in the offseason), Carl Pavano (also rumored), Jason Johnson, Damian Moss, Aj Burnett, Scho and Wunsch.

Some of this stuff I got from an article on ESPN.com and I know there is supposed to be a whole lot others as well.

8:25, they are back, a guy is asking about Mike Cameron ...

Levine says probably too much $$. Rooney says he's a super guy, but that the strikeouts scare most teams away.

They're talking about Singleton and that he hurt his hand a few years back and hasn't been the same hitter since (a bad knuckle).

A guy just brought up Jason Gage of Soxtalk.com ... there you go!

Who was that???

The same guy asked if the Konerko trade would go thru if the Sox sweetened it, they are tap dancing around now.

A Cub f*** is on now, talking about 2B.

Levine says the Cubs are still looking for help there with Grudz-alphbet maybe being a backup.

Now more Cub crap from another caller.