ESPN 1000 Radio Show

Guest JimH

Neither Levine or Rooney appear to be that high on Willie Harris ... Rooney used the term "4-A" player, i.e. too good for Triple A, not good enough for the majors.
The good thing about that is many a 4A player has given a MLB team a solid year or two before their talent level was truly exposed. Maybe Willie will surprise and have a solid season. Of course that will only lead to disappointment later when his production wanes, but that's a later problem.

Jim, John Rooney keeps bringing up the economy as a partial excuse. Can we use that as an excuse not to go to the games?
Funny, the Sox can use that excuse now, but not when they raise prices on tickets!

I keep coming back to Sullivan for 2.5 million. I can't get over that.
Makes me wonder too. I would like to hear what the Sox offered him. I figured he might get that kind of contract, but I didn't think it would be two days after the arb deadline.

Now they're starting to talk to Josh Lewin, boadcaster of the Rangers. The book is called "Getting In The Game: Baseball's Winter Meetings". (note to Jason: get the book).
Jason, don't buy the book. Catch me on AOL IM's one day and I will summarize it for you in 10 minutes.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The good thing about that is many a 4A player has given a MLB team a solid year or two before their talent level was truly exposed.  Maybe Willie will surprise and have a solid season.  Of course that will only lead to disappointment later when his production wanes, but that's a later problem. 

Funny, the Sox can use that excuse now, but not when they raise prices on tickets!

Makes me wonder too.  I would like to hear what the Sox offered him.  I figured he might get that kind of contract, but I didn't think it would be two days after the arb deadline.

Jason, don't buy the book.  Catch me on AOL IM's one day and I will summarize it for you in 10 minutes.

Hey Rex, can you pm with your aim name so I can get that info from ya during my xmas break :)

Thanks

They're talking about left handed hitting and situational baseball now.

Levine commented the payroll is $60 million.

A guy asking about Scott Spezio ... and also Randy Wynn, the cf guy in Seattle.

The caller is knocking Ordonez, saying he grounds into double plays a lot.

Levine basically ignored both questions ... on Spezio and Wynn. What the f***.

Taking another break, then they're talking to Terry Francona.

They're talking about left handed hitting and situational baseball now.

Levine commented the payroll is $60 million.

A guy asking about Scott Spezio ... and also Randy Wynn, the cf guy in Seattle.

The caller is knocking Ordonez, saying he grounds into double plays a lot.

Levine basically ignored both questions ... on Spezio and Wynn.  What the f***.

Taking another break, then they're talking to Terry Francona.

Wynn was Seatle's LF last year, he sucks. Will play CF cause of Ibanez. If they resign Cameron, he is on the bench. No Wynn.

Is Wynn a free agent? He'd be a great fit as would Spiezo, both are grinder types. The problem is they first would have to move Konerko which is gonna be tough.

If they could turn Konerko and Borchard into Perez, Spiezo and Wynn I'd be incredibly impressed.

I need to shut up now, before I get more ridiculous ideas in my head. I wonder if Santa will bring the Sox some stud players and payroll relief :lol:

Is Wynn a free agent? He'd be a great fit as would Spiezo, both are grinder types.  The problem is they first would have to move Konerko which is gonna be tough.

If they could turn Konerko and Borchard into Perez, Spiezo and Wynn I'd be incredibly impressed. 

I need to shut up now, before I get more ridiculous ideas in my head.  I wonder if Santa will bring the Sox some stud players and payroll relief :lol:

love spiezio Jason, love him. trouble is Konerko needs to go. Winn is not FA.

love spiezio Jason, love him. trouble is Konerko needs to go. Winn is not  FA.

Ok, thats what I thought. Well maybe a Konerko for Wynn and Garcia deal. The Mariners clear payroll, Sox take on the same payroll but fill a couple more important needs. Then they'd still have to move Magglio for more payroll relief, but wouldn't have as many needs.

I think the Sox would like to get Spiezo on the Southside and I think he's the kind of guy that will stick on the FA market for a while..the question is can they unload Konerko and I have to think when they do that, their first moves will be shoring up the rotation and bullpen.