ESPN 1000 Radio Show

Guest JimH

OK, now a long winded guy wondering why Valentin still hits RH.

Levine says Jose's approach was poor at the plate, particularly the last 6 weeks (no s***).

Now they've got Francona on.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They summarized by Levine saying he expects the Sox to trade a hitter for a pitcher (starter) and that they're hot on Odallis Perez and also Sidney Ponson.

And that's that folks.

pitiful that the Sox don't even send the GM, a manager, a coach, any freaking body, on a two-hour Talkin Baseball show on their own network

That sez all you need to know about the sense of PR these guys have -- or their sense of obligation to their fans.

Who the hell cares about the Red Sox?

Do you think a Boston talk show is talking about the White Sox?

In-freakin-credible.

They summarized by Levine saying he expects the Sox to trade a hitter for a pitcher (starter) and that they're hot on Odallis Perez and also Sidney Ponson.

And that's that folks.

I've kind of assumed their plans is to get the pitcher for Konerko and then use Maggs to add a few younger players and some prospects as well as payroll flexibility.

I think the Sox will look for 1-2 young productive playesr for Magglio and then a high ceiling prospect and then just go with the payroll relief on him.

I wonder if they go for Ponson. I think now they are gonna wait and see which pitchers the price goes down on, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. With guys like Pavano and Garcia possibly joining the market, prices will go down, which is good if the Sox have freed money by then.

My guess is thats Kenny's main plan during the winter meetings, cut payroll and add a back of the rotation pitcher.

haha, he said that too...I think you should suggest he get a board name.

As Jim H can atest I really have no life. I sleep with a radio under my pillow, I am on this board. I hang sox xmas ornaments up, I live and breath sox baseball. Do you really want your Mom pissed at your Dad. Lets not forget the MLB package in the summer, and the MLB package on line. Let him look over your shoulder. Your Dad is a good guy, we will have some fun this summer hooking up for the games. Drink some suds...(not meant for your dad to see)

To say the least...we have a ton of diehards around here.
That or a whole lotta people with no life!

Who the hell cares about the Red Sox?
Perhaps the White Sox should have hired Francona instead of Guillen. :)

Terry Francona goes by Tito. It was his fathers name and he carries Tito as a nickname. Always has.