ESPN 1000 Radio Show

Guest JimH

pitiful that the Sox don't even send the GM, a manager, a coach, any freaking body, on a two-hour Talkin Baseball show on their own network

That sez all you need to know about the sense of PR these guys have -- or their sense of obligation to their fans.

Who the hell cares about the Red Sox?

Do you think a Boston talk show is talking about the White Sox?

In-freakin-credible.

well put

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As Jim H can atest I really have no life. I sleep with a radio under my pillow, I am on this board. I hang sox xmas ornaments up, I live and breath sox baseball. Do you really want your Mom pissed at your Dad. Lets not forget the MLB package in the summer, and the MLB package on line. Let him look over your shoulder. Your Dad is a good guy, we will have some fun this summer hooking up for the games. Drink some suds...(not meant for your dad to see)

Haha....well he'll be gettin one i guess...anyway gentleman...I have work to do, its been a pleasure with you tonite.

I've kind of assumed their plans is to get the pitcher for Konerko and then use Maggs to add a few younger players and some prospects as well as payroll flexibility.

I think the Sox will look for 1-2 young productive playesr for Magglio and then a high ceiling prospect and then just go with the payroll relief on him. 

I wonder if they go for Ponson.  I think now they are gonna wait and see which pitchers the price goes down on, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  With guys like Pavano and Garcia possibly joining the market, prices will go down, which is good if the Sox have freed money by then.

My guess is thats Kenny's main plan during the winter meetings, cut payroll and add a back of the rotation pitcher.

I think Ponson won't happen. I think the Sox are talking out of both ends of there mouths. I pitched Garcia in other threads. If they move Konerko, then get speizio and garcia. Garcia will accept 6 million. I also truly believe they will make a run at Denny Hocking. Very Cheap and feisty. He is backup to the Harris debacle.

They sniffed around Suppan last year, I'm against it, but I think they'll end up with him. I was thinking about Denny Hocking too. Versatile, kind of a Graffanino-like intensity, and I'm sure the Sox would like to tweak the Twins.

Even Levine and Rooney had no clue about who the bullpen prospects might be. Too early, I guess ... except for the Royals (Sullivan). Sorry TQ, just had to send you off to dreamland with that one last happy thought !! :lol:

They sniffed around Suppan last year, I'm against it, but I think they'll end up with him.  I was thinking about Denny Hocking too.  Versatile, kind of a Graffanino-like intensity, and I'm sure the Sox would like to tweak the Twins.

Even Levine and Rooney had no clue about who the bullpen prospects might be.  Too early, I guess ... except for the Royals (Sullivan).  Sorry TQ, just had to send you off to dreamland with that one last happy thought !!  :lol:

between that and the Scrubs getting Irod comment. I might as well go into hibernation. Not to mention savini will be all over us, and he knows nothing about the game.

Not to mention savini will be all over us, and he knows nothing about the game.

But he sure does know a lot about going through people's trash looking for a story! :lol:

I make sure all my trash is bagged really, really tight. One never knows when Dave might be short of material :bang

1. Is Hocking a free agent?

Still can't believe he's a possibility. You have to believe Uribe has arrived to be the utility infielder.

Spiezio makes more sense than Hocking. He's from Chicago. Got more pop. And he can play first base.

2. I think the Ponson stuff smells like fan-appeasement talk. They'll play the PR game as if they're in the hunt, but in the end Suppan is the guy they'll take. Maybe Dan Reichart and some other Royals' rejects are available.

3. If we're going to deal either Lee, Konerko or Maggs, make it Ordonez (hurts to write this) because if he stays around it will be a freak show all season with the contract thing hanging over his head.

They sniffed around Suppan last year, I'm against it, but I think they'll end up with him.  I was thinking about Denny Hocking too.  Versatile, kind of a Graffanino-like intensity, and I'm sure the Sox would like to tweak the Twins.

Even Levine and Rooney had no clue about who the bullpen prospects might be.  Too early, I guess ... except for the Royals (Sullivan).  Sorry TQ, just had to send you off to dreamland with that one last happy thought !!  :lol:

I don't think throwing too much money at Ponson is going to be the answer to our problems...He had one "good" year and that was manufactured--- he had only one victory vs. a playoff team....

Suppan looks like he's gonig to fall to us... Suppan = Garland.. thier numbers are very similar....he had his best year statistically last year.. but he had a 5.56 ERA his last 10 games when he was in the AL... and a 3.5 ERA in the NL.. winning a career high 13 games...The one real positive is he's a horse pitching 200+ innings the last 5 years... He should be cheap and therefore I think you'll hear his name around here after the winter meetings.

Quickman, listen to what my mom had to say:

"Honey I'd be careful of what you say to him, after all he is a client of your father's."

"Yes mom. I don't believe I've said anything bad."

"I know you wouldn't, good night darling."

*Shakes head* (My parents sometimes, I tell you are too proper.)

Quickman, listen to what my mom had to say:

"Honey I'd be careful of what you say to him, after all he is a client of your father's."

"Yes mom. I don't believe I've said anything bad."

"I know you wouldn't, good night darling."

*Shakes head* (My parents sometimes, I tell you are too proper.)

funny stuff. Anyway I am not a client. Your Dad and I work for companies that have formed a partnership. Your Dad and I do the same things and we have mutual clients. We are and will continue to help each other provide solutions for those clients. Listen to Mom though she sounds smart!

My 7 year old would say this about me.

"My Dad won't take me to a whitesox game unless I say the Whitesox are the best." I actually drove off without her after I told her I was going to take her. She wouldn't say the Whitesox are the best, so I left her at home and went to the game by myself. I told your Dad that story today. Can you imagine the phone call I received from my wife?

1. Is Hocking a free agent?

Still can't believe he's a possibility. You have to believe Uribe has arrived to be the utility infielder.

Spiezio makes more sense than Hocking. He's from Chicago. Got more pop. And he can play first base.

2. I think the Ponson stuff smells like fan-appeasement talk. They'll play the PR game as if they're in the hunt, but in the end Suppan is the guy they'll take. Maybe Dan Reichart and some other Royals' rejects are available.

3. If we're going to deal either Lee, Konerko or Maggs, make it Ordonez (hurts to write this) because if he stays around it will be a freak show all season with the contract thing hanging over his head.

Hocking is a FA.

"My Dad won't take me to a whitesox game unless I say the Whitesox are the best." I actually drove off without her after I told her I was going to take her. She wouldn't say the Whitesox are the best, so I left her at home and went to the game by myself. I told your Dad that story today. Can you imagine the phone call I received from my wife?

:o You're evil. :huh:

funny stuff. Anyway I am not a client. Your Dad and I work for companies that have formed a partnership. Your Dad and I do the same things and we have mutual clients. We are and will continue to help each other provide solutions for those clients. Listen to Mom though she sounds smart!

Dude thats low, haha that sucks for your girl but I just had to talk to my dad about the sox and keep my old man updated about the sox...in 1999 i had my first SOX game...man ask him about the KC game we went to with the great seats...

Dude thats low, haha that sucks for your girl but I just had to talk to my dad about the sox and keep my old man updated about the sox...in 1999 i had my first SOX game...man ask him about the KC game we went to with the great seats...

heard that story already, down low right, picked them up outside the stadium? Right. Heard about it.That is great

Guess what she will ssay now when its time to go to the game. Whitesox are the Best!!! F her Cub fan Grandfather.

I'd never leave my little child at home though. I would come back for her. I couldn't do that. Even if she wore a Twins shirt (God forbid; what would I have done to deserve that). I just couldn't.

I'd never leave my little child at home though. I would come back for her. I couldn't do that. Even if she wore a Twins shirt (God forbid; what would I have done to deserve that). I just couldn't.

steve, You sound like a good father. I am too.. very dedicated, but made my point. I see yours though. They go to games no worries. I bring the kids on sundays or day games during the week. I will not bring them to night games. Too much language.

My dad just takes me anytime we got time. I mean its gotta suck for the new prices, but I get taken to about 20-25 games a year...and guess what? Magglio and I have a signal for each other when I sit in section 100...

Mags is just trying to get a hot dog, he is signally to the vendors. :lol: