Merged awards threads

Texsox

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be cooler if there was more categories and a wider range of categories. There is going to be one or two people who win many categories.

it's going to be enough work to narrow down these 14 categories to have a decent poll.

I agree there is plenty of room for some other more deserving awards.

I think it would be cooler if there was more categories and a wider range of categories. There is going to be one or two people who win many categories.

oh come on steve, I'll only sweep probably a max of 3 awards:) ***

there'll be some for you guys.

"Chyna award" (most likely to be a pro-wrastler)

-supersteve :lol:

T-ball award (best setup poster for others to make jokes about)

-see above***

If you want my honest opinion, I think it's a bad idea. You're going to have a lot of people get ticked off about it. I don't care, really. Like someone said before, it's just a popularity contest, and popularity contests aren't neccessarily a good idea.

I'll just say, be careful and don't put too much stock into this.

If you want my honest opinion, I think it's a bad idea. You're going to have a lot of people get ticked off about it. I don't care, really. Like someone said before, it's just a popularity contest, and popularity contests aren't neccessarily a good idea.

That is precisely why we need to come up with some funny categories. Everybody try to think up some cool stuff.

yeah, i would agree, but I think alot of people agree that we can have fun with this. I could see a few of the kids gettin' upset though. We've got a handful of mods working on it, so we can try to inclued everyone.

by the way...

Rain on my Parade Award (honorary Bette Midler award)

mreye :lol:

If anyone takes this too serious they have some issues. What is there to get ticked off about, the majority of the people on this site won't win anything so I don't see the big deal. With that said, if I don't win best special effects I'm gonna be pissed, I mean who is my competition. :bringit :D

If anyone takes this too serious they have some issues.  What is there to get ticked off about, the majority of the people on this site won't win anything so I don't see the big deal.  With that said, if I don't win best special effects I'm gonna be pissed, I mean who is my competition. :bringit  :D

you'll win this award as soon as I get my miss sox4life/me/elisha cuthbert ultimate three-way sig.

just sayin' :)

That is precisely why we need to come up with some funny categories.  Everybody try to think up some cool stuff.

OK. If you can do it like they do High School Graduation Awards like:

Most Likely to:

Succeed

Own a business

End up in Jail

Etc.

Maybe then it'd be fun. But, if this is taken too seriously it's going to cause problems. Yes, it may be only a few, but I don't like alienating anyone. (Unless they deserve it.)

With the exception of PA, who just tipped his hand, I am keeping the nominating group secret from each other and everyone else. This way the final three won't know who to blame besides me ;) I'm also allowing for private nominations via my PM and self nominations. I picked about 12 posters, some I kinda know, some I've never really crossed posts with but are active in at least one of the forums. If there is fault in the process it is I don't know everyone. I tried to pick young and old, male and female, straight, bi, and gay, black, white, asian, hispanic, admins, mods, and members, Texans and the rest of y'all.

I asked the group to read the nominations on this thread on Monday and narrow it down to three in each category. I'll compile the polls from their lists.