Merged awards threads

Texsox

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry, could either you or ss2k explain this phrase "do you want a red x"  Im not familiar with the lingo.  And GMTA.....dont know what that is supposesd to be either

GMTA = great minds think alike.

The red X means that for some reason your picture isn't showing.

Post of the year will be hard to figure out, you'll need to dig up acrchives.

WHo is gonna waste his/her precious time doing THAT?

not post, thread of the year and the top two that come to mind is MOTHERF*CKING DIPs*** etc. and Post Hot Pic. Finding a couple more might be the problem.

I am not sure about Best Post of the Year but I have a pretty good nominee for Best NON-Sox Post of the Year, a separate category that needs to exist. (winodj to unmentionable scum in the unmentionable thread). It had the honor of me falling backwards off the chair and almost cracking my skull but still not caring cuz it was so hilarious and on the money.

Next year someone should have the rating system going (not based on 1-10, just the simple 'thumb WAY up!' type stuff) to avoid hours of looking through archives. Whenever a super-funny or super-insighful post is made, it gets stored away in an exclusive nomination cache. At the end of the year, only 50 or so posts are truly eligible.

I think this is a good idea. I don't see how people could take it seriously. Maybe a few of the kids would be upset at some of the results but I think everyone can handle it if it's all in good fun.

And if you want more categories you could just make it go along with the different forums. Best sox post/poster. Best off-topic/sex, lies, politics post/poster. Best non-sox sports post/poster.

Or even better add some worst categories. Like the Razzies. This could offend some people though, but if everyone knows it's just for fun to pass some time in the offseason I think we'll be alright.

I think this is a good idea. I don't see how people could take it seriously. Maybe a few of the kids would be upset at some of the results but I think everyone can handle it if it's all in good fun.

And if you want more categories you could just make it go along with the different forums. Best sox post/poster. Best off-topic/sex, lies, politics post/poster. Best non-sox sports post/poster.

Or even better add some worst categories. Like the Razzies. This could offend some people though, but if everyone knows it's just for fun to pass some time in the offseason I think we'll be alright.

That'd be a hundred times more fun...if we did categories which were funny.

As someone who has no chance of winning anything, let me just say that:

1. People who put WAY more time and heart and insight and humor into this web site deserve to be mentioned. That is called fairness and I for one would have no moral right to complain or get upset.

2. Being overlooked may give those thin-skinned "teenagers" insentive to be better the next year and maybe wisen-up their act.

I think 10-15 categories is more than enough. As long as they are meaningful/funny or both, it's all cool. Last thing you need is having to change the whole roster of categories next year when people get serious about it. Either do it right or don't do it AT ALL.

Or even better add some worst categories. Like the Razzies. This could offend some people though, but if everyone knows it's just for fun to pass some time in the offseason I think we'll be alright

Yes, having "bad" would be awesome too. Razzis are often a blast and way better than Oscars/Emmys Grammys, etc