Season ticket re-up

quickman

Folks,

To the season ticket holders..Are you renewing? I am really contemplating on not renewing this year. I have a few more days and am very concerned with the Ticket price increase and the state of the team. Its unfortunate, but I may sit this one out. Any others?

but you might be able to get world series tickets or season tickets next year. You wouldn't want to be on the waiting list . . .

Folks,

To the season ticket holders..Are you renewing? I am really contemplating on not renewing this year. I have a few more days and am very concerned with the Ticket price increase and the state of the team. Its unfortunate, but I may sit this one out. Any others?

We're staying. Get your checks in early to get a chance to take BP :headbang

Folks,

Renew for my dad and I. :headbang

TQ ...

What are you talkin'about over there ...

Of course you're renewing ...

Heck, even I'm renewing, albeit for 2 tix instead of 4 (tired of giving away tix all the time).

One of these days we'll split tickets up in the Club Section, when we get to be old geezers :lolhitting

TQ ...

What are you talkin'about over there ...

Of course you're renewing ...

Heck, even I'm renewing, albeit for 2 tix instead of 4 (tired of giving away tix all the time).

One of these days we'll split tickets up in the Club Section, when we get to be old geezers  :lolhitting

Jim,

I am seriously contemplating on not doing this. The wife and I are talking about it. its $11,000. I might be losing my other investors as they are droppin out, although Bugno said he would take 20 from me tonight. I will let you know, but I really I have no interest if JR has no interest. This is bothersome to me. I would stay if they just dismantled the team and played a bunch of kids for this year. Then go out and fill in the holes next year. But this group plain sucks. I already know Harris Blows, konerko I hate, Maggs is gone, Valentin sucks, Beuhrle is a short timer then out of this town. Garland never shows up, Miles got traded, Borchard is Drew Henson Jr., Aaron Rowand is average at best, They have no bullpen (Sullivan I just can't get over that one) they have no great AAA pitchers. They don't play fundlemental ball, I really don't believe in guillen and I have to say I didn't think the guy was that great when he played. I actually never liked him. Joey Cora always sucked in my opinion. JR doesn't appeal to the fans, KW alienates the fans, and the Cubs are getting IROD.

All this adds up to misery and one year of college for my 7 year old daughter. I have this week to think it over. I am certain nobody is breaking the door down to get tickets. I can watch on TV like the rest of the sox fans.

For the ST Holders..........

What benefits do ST holders get other than getting your same seats to all games?  What incentive is there to be a ST Holder rather than just buying ticket to go to 30 or 40 games?  There is no discount, is there?

Depending on how long you've been a holder, there is a discount. A few bucks, to my grama's (30+ years as a holder) $11.

What benefits do ST holders get other than getting your same seats to all games?  What incentive is there to be a ST Holder rather than just buying ticket to go to 30 or 40 games?  There is no discount, is there?

I shared Bulls and Hawk tix for a long time, it's the intangibles.

Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name . . .

Nothing like the friendships that result from sitting next to the same people for lots of games. It becomes like your living room, only the beer prices are much higher.

The feeling of being a part of the team, a true fan.

Regular parking lot guy, regular usher, regular beer vendor, you know the fastest route to the bathroom, which hot dog line is always shortest, etc.

My buddy was a full season ticket holder dating back to 1989, with 3 tix near 3rd base, 30 rows back. I would buy 2 of the tix for 30-35 games. So his invoice this year was about $7500 this year. He would try to sell 2 for the other games, but wound up eating the extra two for at least 10 games a year. He and I talked it over and he decided to cancel. Figured he could pick and choose, avoid the April games, and save a boatload of money. But for sure, if the Sox were upholding their end of the bargain, he would have found a way to renew his tickets, and I would have stayed with it too.

We receive a discount on parking, same seats as last year, first dibs to any concert(Springsteen) or extra event. Invited to Parties (additional charge) , first dibs on sleepover night, your own personal Sox ticket consultant, first dibs on extra tickets to the Cubs series or any other for that matter. In order to use the Sox club, you need to be a season ticket holder. (Extra fee paid up front for the right to use the club (resteruant). First dibs on playoff tickets (yea right).If you hold out long enough a whitesox player or manager will call your house and beg you to renew.

I have the 27 game plan, on the weekends. Traffic from the far western suburbs is too difficult for the weeknite games, unless I need to be in the city for much of the day, and then I can just run over and buy 1 or 2.

The wife and I had 4 tix in the bleachers, we now have 2 ... I was always selling tix outside the ballpark and it's a hassle. Most of the neighbors are either Cub fans or don't care about baseball that much or aren't willing to forego Sat. nite or Sunday activities to see a game ... even for free. I rarely charged people in our neighborhood for the tickets, it was more to do them a favor.

But I'll tell you ... we like to tailgate and walk around the ballpark inside, and sometimes we even take the dog with and put her in Pet Check during the game (she hates the fireworks though :o ).

It's still a lot of fun to go down there, and I'm not jumping off a bridge yet because I still think they will trade for some guys or sign some guys. A guy like TQ has a huge investment for the lower deck box seats ... two in the bleachers plus parking for a 27 game plan amounts to about $1600, that's still a fair amount of coin but not prohibitive. Plus, I try to sell about 10 games so that brings the cost down as well. For whatever reason, bleacher tickets have an "appeal" and I often sell them to the younger crowd at the gym, etc.

As far as perks, there's the season ticket holder party (freebie), preferred treatment for getting extra tix, invites to special events, and discounted tickets off walk up prices.

What's going on is frustrating but there's still time.

I have the 27 game plan, on the weekends.  Traffic from the far western suburbs is too difficult for the weeknite games, unless I need to be in the city for much of the day, and then I can just run over and buy 1 or 2.

The wife and I had 4 tix in the bleachers, we now have 2 ... I was always selling tix outside the ballpark and it's a hassle.  Most of the neighbors are either Cub fans or don't care about baseball that much or aren't willing to forego Sat. nite or Sunday activities to see a game ... even for free.  I rarely charged people in our neighborhood for the tickets, it was more to do them a favor.

But I'll tell you ... we like to tailgate and walk around the ballpark inside, and sometimes we even take the dog with and put her in Pet Check during the game (she hates the fireworks though  :o ).

It's still a lot of fun to go down there, and I'm not jumping off a bridge yet because I still think they will trade for some guys or sign some guys.  A guy like TQ has a huge investment for the lower deck box seats ... two in the bleachers plus parking for a 27 game plan amounts to about $1600, that's still a fair amount of coin but not prohibitive.  Plus, I try to sell about 10 games so that brings the cost down as well.  For whatever reason, bleacher tickets have an "appeal" and I often sell them to the younger crowd at the gym, etc.

As far as perks, there's the season ticket holder party (freebie), preferred treatment for getting extra tix, invites to special events, and discounted tickets off walk up prices.

What's going on is frustrating but there's still time.

Thnaks Jim, If I find some folks to share, then I will stay.