Another scary rumor

YASNY

And I'll not make any comments about the last part of that sentence.  :D

You cannot be serious. Garcia is goin to be non tendered so we can get him for nothin anyways, and that's if we want him. Speaking of Maggs Rumors, here's one that's got a bit more substance to it.

Yankees Article

That means trade options, as well. The Chicago White Sox want to unload Magglio Ordoñez and his $14-million salary for 2004. How desperate they are could determine if the Yankees have a chance, as the Yankees' only trading chip is Alfonso Soriano.

You cannot be serious. Garcia is goin to be non tendered so we can get him for nothin anyways, and that's if we want him. Speaking of Maggs Rumors, here's one that's got a bit more substance to it.

Yankees Article

That means trade options, as well. The Chicago White Sox want to unload Magglio Ordoñez and his $14-million salary for 2004. How desperate they are could determine if the Yankees have a chance, as the Yankees' only trading chip is Alfonso Soriano.

Now that is interesting. Soriano. Nope, they'd have to add something more to get Maggs, I would hope.

Anyone that wouldn't do Soriano for Maggs straight up is a fool. I'd even throw in a prospect not named Honel, Cotts, Reed, or Rauch (the latter just because I think we're going to need another starter from within the organization this year, and who else is there?).

And don't get me wrong--I've never been a huge Soriano fan. It's just given the chance to deal an unsignable RFer due $14M this year for arguably the best offensive 2B in the game (which says more about the dearth of good 2B than anything else) who makes about $12M less, I do that in a second.

Anyone that wouldn't do Soriano for Maggs straight up is a fool.  I'd even throw in a prospect not named Honel, Cotts, Reed, or Rauch (the latter just because I think we're going to need another starter from within the organization this year, and who else is there?).

And don't get me wrong--I've never been a huge Soriano fan.  It's just given the chance to deal an unsignable RFer due $14M this year for arguably the best offensive 2B in the game (which says more about the dearth of good 2B than anything else) who makes about $12M less, I do that in a second.

Me too.

Anyone that wouldn't do Soriano for Maggs straight up is a fool.  I'd even throw in a prospect not named Honel, Cotts, Reed, or Rauch (the latter just because I think we're going to need another starter from within the organization this year, and who else is there?).

And don't get me wrong--I've never been a huge Soriano fan.  It's just given the chance to deal an unsignable RFer due $14M this year for arguably the best offensive 2B in the game (which says more about the dearth of good 2B than anything else) who makes about $12M less, I do that in a second.

Preach it brother

two  or three years ago this guy had a source inside the sox organization, he was deadly accurate with his "rumors".  Anymore though, This guy is worse than gammons when it comes to the sox.

I was thinking the same thing. He called the Clayton and Boomer Wells trades a couple of years ago. He said 3 years ago the Sox wanted Weaver, all as accurate as can be. Lately though, he has been way off.

I've been enlightened and change my tune. I'd make that deal.