No Frank for LA

Loaiza21

Sox fans have FINALLY got to realize that $6 million for a 40+ hr, 100+ rbi player is a bargain...they should NEVER trade Frank.

Now Konerko or Valentin...that's another story.    :whip

Agreed on Frank and Konerko. Still in the (dwindling) minority of people who think Jose's more of an asset than a liability.

Sox fans have FINALLY got to realize that $6 million for a 40+ hr, 100+ rbi player is a bargain...they should NEVER trade Frank.

Now Konerko or Valentin...that's another story.    :whip

Granted Jose has a low BA, but he is not far off a bargin either. Look at all he brings...homerun pop, solid defense, intensity, and leadership. ARod makes $25,000,000...Jose is easily a fifth as good as ARod.

Now Konerko or Valentin...that's another story. 

Granted Jose has a low BA, but he is not far off a bargin either. Look at all he brings...homerun pop, solid defense, intensity, and leadership. ARod makes $25,000,000...Jose is easily a fifth as good as ARod.

I don't know why we would ever trade Konerko for Weaver. Or Valentin for that matter for Weaver either. I think it is possible that Konerko, Koch or even Maggs might get traded, but it will be a sad day, if we don't value our own people higher than a Jeff Weaver. I also would argue about the idea that re-signing Maggs is out of the question. The big ones signing this year have been in the same range as the salary he is making now at about $14M. If the Sox can afford him now I think they can afford him in the future.

I don't know why we would ever trade Konerko for Weaver. Or Valentin for that matter for Weaver either. I think it is possible that Konerko, Koch or even Maggs might get traded, but it will be a sad day, if we don't value our own people higher than a Jeff Weaver. I also would argue about the idea that re-signing Maggs is out of the question. The big ones signing this year have been in the same range as the salary he is making now at about $14M. If the Sox can afford him now I think they can afford him in the future.

I want no part in Jeff Weaver.

Valentin...solid defense???

Pass the pipe!

Well, I am glad you watch baseball. I knew ya didn't have any idea about what was going on, but I figured you atleast watched. A fielding percentage of .969 last year. Valentin had 20 errors last year..Nomar had 20 errors..Tejada had 21 errors. If Jose had a defensivly sound 1B, he would have had even less errors.

I really don't understand Evans. He goes and trades Brown for Weaver and couple minor leaguers and then goes ahead and tries to trade Weaver for Thomas? He gets beat on one deal and tries to beat someone else on another deal.

Konerko for Weaver would be the only thing that makes sense, but even then it would be tough to do because you aren't eliminate much salary considering the player you are getting in return. Plus, the issues surrounding Weaver and the Sox would have to be cleared up.

I really don't understand Evans.  He goes and trades Brown for Weaver and couple minor leaguers and then goes ahead and tries to trade Weaver for Thomas?  He gets beat on one deal and tries to beat someone else on another deal.

Konerko for Weaver would be the only thing that makes sense, but even then it would be tough to do because you aren't eliminate much salary considering the player you are getting in return.  Plus, the issues surrounding Weaver and the Sox would have to be cleared up.

The only way I could ever see a Weaver for Konerko deal getting done, is if the Dodgers include the cash they got from NYY and give it to us. Either that or they include young relief in the deal such as Mota.