Reinsdorf at the winter meetings

Guest JimH

Bruce Levine reported that Reinsdorf is at the winter meetings and speculated the Sox may be doing something substantial and they want the boss there to avoid a bunch of phone calls back and forth to Chicago.

According to conspiracy theorists, the media always lies, so it's possible that Reinsdorf is not even there.

Or, that Reinsdorf is in New Orleans to actually function as the GM.

Who knows?

Either way, logic dictates if the boss is there, something will happen. I'm guessing Reinsdorf isn't there on a tourist trip.

Can u tell me about Duncan?

By the way, Weathers is no damn good...couldn't stick with the cubs!

HUH!! Do I have to pst the numbers for Weathers the last 4 years?? He didnb't stick cause he was a free agant and signed elsewhere.. Read First People :bang

Weathers hasn't been bad at all the last 3 years era in the 3's one year and the 2's the other two years I would take a look at it. Although I do think Koch will be fine this year.

Koch may rebound, but Weathers is half the price and has put up a few very good years and I think he'd be a great pickup. Not too familiar with Jeff Duncan.

Also, if in fact JR is at the winter meetings then I definately think it means something. Although I think most everyone could of guessed that the Sox are gonna try to make one or two big moves during the meetings. Kenny isn't exactly gun shy, the question is whether he'll be firing blanks or real bullets.

I just know I'm excited to see what goes down.

I only hope that he isn't there as Kenny's "chaperone."

I also hope that he's not there because he's afraid Kenny will spend money, and he can kill any deals. Reinsdorf should keep his ugly face out of anything related to these meetings. Just the fact that he's there pisses me off.

I'm sure Kenny will be eating from Wendy's "99 cents menu," since we all know that Miser Reinsdorf hates to spend money. I'm sure he hates buying toilet paper, so he just wipes his ass with old copies of financial statements. Cheap bastage.

Don't count on any new moves happening during the Winter Meetings. An article posted around 11:30 on whitesox.com said the Sox weren't likely to make any trades. The reason being that that unless a new scenario presents itself during the meetings KW wont bite. He seems to be very cautious......

Even if KW doesnt pull the trigger in New Orleans, I'm justified in knowing he's looking our for the team interests over dumping payroll.

Despite the Buerhle signing which I liked everything this off season has been negative.

So JR being at the meetings means

1. Nothing will happen.

2. If something happens, it will be bad.

Maybe JR just likes hanging out with baseball guys hoping to become one someday. I see him standing around asking people if they want to see his Michael Jordon autographs.

The lure of the Big Easy is just to much for Reinsdorf. He wants one or more of those hurricanes down on Bourbon Street. I think it's possible that Jerry is there to make the Sox front office look like a big happy family, a broke family, but a happy one. You would like to think that maybe he is there to let KW spend some money and they can discuss free agents and trades on site, but I am not sure you can count on that being the case.