Freddie Garcia for Big Hurt???

WSoxShuf

No dice. Not straight up atleast. Frank has shown good power numbers last year (despite a low BA). Not to mention the patience he shows at the plate. What the hell does Garcia have to his credit? If he showed promise in any one of these categories: ERA, K/BB ratio, WHIP it could be a good trade. But trading the two straight up wouldnt be a smart idea. If the trade went down Frank would end up playing 1B because Maritinez tears s*** up at DH. Im sure he would alternate with Olerud......

No chance. Garcia is gonna make more money then Frank.

If I were going to trade contracts for contracts the only deals I'd consider are Weaver for Konerko (Dodgers send the Sox at least the 3 mill the Yanks sent, and they should ask for someone like Joey Thurston as well). Konerko for Garcia.

Garcia makes a lot of money and well didn't have a productive year. Ya, he could turn himself around, but there are a lot of questionmarks.

Guest williestokes
That's in a huge pitcher's park. It would even be worse at the Cell. If he quit partying so much, and had a better attitude, his numbers would probably get back to where they were before.

Jesus. I didnt even think about that...

When will White Sox fans learn to appreciate that Frank's #s at his salary are probably the best bargain in all of baseball for a veteran player who could be a FA is beyond me

Yes, there are the young players who make less and produce a lot, but when you look at what Manny, Maggs etc make, Frank's #s vs his production is the best deal for the Sox

Like Kenny Williams said in the ChicagoSports.com, if you want to make an offer fro Frank you BETTER not embarass the Sox, or Frank with something stupid.