Madden 2005

DBAHO

I played Madden 2000 on Playstation with my cuz'es and it was pretty goood. Is the franchise still around?

The thing I never understood is why ANYONE would want to play on anything less than the HARDEST difficulty level. I mean, unlike real life, tall you gotta do is push buttons on a joystick- and mind and fingers are always quicker than actual hands and feet.

I played Madden 2000 on Playstation with my cuz'es and it was pretty goood. Is the franchise still around?

The thing I never understood is why ANYONE would want to play on anything less than the HARDEST difficulty level.  I mean, unlike real life, tall you gotta do is push buttons on a joystick-  and mind and fingers are always quicker than actual hands and feet.

Oh ya...franchise is around...and now there is even an owner mode where you can change ticket prices, all that stuff as well as build a new stadium, relocate your franchise.

Its freaking awesome. Definately the best game every year.

Oh ya...franchise is around...and now there is even an owner mode where you can change ticket prices, all that stuff as well as build a new stadium, relocate your franchise. 

Its freaking awesome.  Definately the best game every year.

Is Soxtalk gonna have a Madden Challenge in the future? I might think of buying PS2.

Is Soxtalk gonna have a Madden Challenge in the future? I might think of buying PS2.

s***, that would be pretty freaking cool. I really like that idea. We could set up some brackets with everyone who has online and put something together.

s***, that be awesome. Could be a sweet thing during January or Febuary. :headbang

Awesome idea Brando :cheers

s***, that would be pretty freaking cool.  I really like that idea.  We could set up some brackets with everyone who has online and put something together.

s***, that be awesome.  Could be a sweet thing during January or Febuary. :headbang

Awesome idea Brando  :cheers

I am saying I am just sayin'.

The thing I never understood is why ANYONE would want to play on anything less than the HARDEST difficulty level.  I mean, unlike real life, tall you gotta do is push buttons on a joystick-  and mind and fingers are always quicker than actual hands and feet.

It can get frustrating on the toughest difficulty because the computer will execute ridiculous moves you could never pull off, like running backs not going down after being hit by six or seven players, defensive lineman throwing tackles to the ground etc, or your own teammates will do idiotic things you can't control to hinder you.

It can get frustrating on the toughest difficulty because the computer will execute ridiculous moves you could never pull off, like running backs not going down after being hit by six or seven players, defensive lineman throwing tackles to the ground etc, or your own teammates will do idiotic things you can't control to hinder you.

I don't know about much-faster PS2 CPU......But in Madden 2000 on PS1, all you had to do to beat the computer (unless it was like Bengels versus Broncos type thing where talent discrepancy was too much) is MASTER only 4-5 audibles and generally keep it as simple as you can. Even on hardest level of play, the computer would reward you for "logical" and "fundamentally sound" plays. If you don't go for big or fancy plays (offnse and defense) all the time, you have a pretty good chance of beating CPU. If you want 40 yard passes and interceptioons/sacks on every other play, you're gonna get blown away, sure.

Again, can't speak for the new Maddens.

Heres a thought....how about a level in between 'All Pro-So easy its not real fun' and 'All Madden-you don't have a prayer, pal'. Why, after al lthese years have they not been able to create a happy medium between the 2 levels of AI? It drives me crazy.

Out of curiousity, for Madden 2004, how is the off season stuff?  Is is as cool as NCAA 2004?  As many details as possible would be great.

it's nowhere near as fun as NCAA, well.......because there's no recruiting. You see guys retire, you draft (there is some good scouting reports that you can get for each guy), you sign FA's. There is a part in owner mode where you can add things to your stadium to help bring in people, but that's about it.

it's nowhere near as fun as NCAA, well.......because there's no recruiting.  You see guys retire, you draft (there is some good scouting reports that you can get for each guy), you sign FA's.  There is a part in owner mode where you can add things to your stadium to help bring in people, but that's about it.

How is the free agency? Do you compete somehow?

How is the free agency?  Do you compete somehow?

Yes and no. If you want your guy, it is easy as hell to get him. Offer him an extra year or two, and a little extra cash and a little extra in the signing bonus, and he's yours.

One thing I noticed is that when you get like 8-10 years into it teams tend to not want to spend at all. I mean, the game is what like what it should be in real life, but it's not that way in real life. I remember like in my last season some teams had like $50-$60 mill in cap room. Only one computer owner had less then $15 mill in cap room.

I got a question guys. I have had a few franchises already, and i got to like the sixth year of my franchise with the Bears, and all the sudden I had like 11Mill in Cap Penities, and I made a s***load of money. What happened??? I cant seem to figure it out.

BTW: started a new franchise, and traded the A-Train to ARIZONA for there 1st AND 2nd round picks. Idiots.

you get the penalties from cutting guys on you roster