• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

God.

Steff,

I know that rumor to the O's happened a while ago. I think they might be spending cash on Tejada and a catcher, either Irod or Lopez. Maybe they decided against the 7 million for Ponson. They know what he is worth and probably could have signed him cheaper last year. I have a feeling the o's put him on the back burner.

Steff,

I know that rumor to the O's happened a while ago. I think they might be spending cash on Tejada and a catcher, either Irod or Lopez. Maybe they decided against the 7 million for Ponson. They know what he is worth and probably could have signed him cheaper last year. I have a feeling the o's put him on the back burner.

Quickman aren't you supposed to be at work? :lol:

I'm in my recource time so you can't tell my dad I'm cutting class. :) :D

I haven't talked to him since the 9th when he told me that he was likely going back to Baltimore - which was reported all over the place this weekend in Baltimore. He's in Baltimore right now. I left a message and I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Ponson? Whats his #?

I think that is more bluster so that teams aren't trying to take advantage of us.  JR knows if he said we HAVE to trade guys it hurts our trade leverage.

Exactly, but I also haven't seen KW ever make mention of what the budget it. Sources say this and he says he has a budget, but sometimes people go over budget because its best for them.

The Sox may say hey, if were over budget by 5 mill but put out a way way better team then the one that costs a little less, then it could be worht paying the 5 mill, rather then going crappy and losing a lot of attendance.

In a sense, that 5 mill extra could cost them a lot less then sticking with what they have basically and not competing but at a rather high price.

Who knows, I'm not gonna speculate on the salary, thats something out of our control (anyone here that has the ability to go to games does, so I'm not gonna say go to more games or anything like that, plus I'd be a hypocrite if I said it since I go to so many Sox games :lol: )

Steff,

quick.. the rumor was just within the past few days. Like I said.. I have no idea. Just relaying what I was told on the 9th..

quick.. the rumor was just within the past few days. Like I said.. I have no idea. Just relaying what I was told on the 9th..

Yep ok steff. update when you have a chance. thnaks for the help. I still think he won't be with the O's. My opinion only. I would indeed like him in a Sox jersey only because we need him to throw innings.

Yep ok steff. update when you have a chance. thnaks for the help. I still think he won't be with the O's. My opinion only. I would indeed like him in a Sox jersey only because we need him to throw innings.

His sister says he's with his agent.. in Baltimore. They've all (the family) been there since last Monday and he has not traveled here once.

IMO.. this is late reporting on rumors from a few weeks ago when the Sox were talking to him on a daily basis. Cleveland... they're always a week or 2 behind :lol:

His sister says he's with his agent.. in Baltimore. They've all (the family) been there since last Monday and he has not traveled here once.

IMO.. this is late reporting on rumors from a few weeks ago when the Sox were talking to him on a daily basis. Cleveland... they're always a week or 2 behind  :lol:

I would agree with that, its just that the guy in the NY Post had the White Sox as frontrunners for him with that same offer, and that was yesterday. Maybe the writer of this Cleveland column took the other one as gospel and went with it.

I would agree with that, its just that the guy in the NY Post had the White Sox as frontrunners for him with that same offer, and that was yesterday. Maybe the writer of this Cleveland column took the other one as gospel and went with it.

The Sox have been talking about Sidney for what... 2 years now :lol:

Just a guess, but if the guy is in Baltimore with his family, they've probably got the agent talking to Flanagan, saying, "this is what the White Sox will do, what will the Orioles do?"

I really think the Orioles have the edge here.

Just a guess, but if the guy is in Baltimore with his family, they've probably got the agent talking to Flanagan, saying, "this is what the White Sox will do, what will the Orioles do?"

They have a huge edge. Hopefully, they sign a catcher and Guerrero and run out of money.

Absolutely Jim.

Unless the Sox do something very crazy, I have no doubts that Sidney will stay with Baltimore.