I just heard on Seattle radio...

sox-r-us

If the Mariners got LoDuca for Garcia, I think they would be doing pretty good.

Be warned though, if Garcia goes to the Dodgers, then I think it makes a Magglio deal with the Dodgers inevitable and that one of Garcia/Perez would be coming to the Sox, if not both.

My question, would you guys do a Jose and Magglio for Garcia, Perez and Mota deal??? Who knows if the Dodgers would, but if they do add those two, it could be a possibility.

I think the more likely scenario is one of those starters, Mota, and one of their top pitching prospects.

Be warned though, if Garcia goes to the Dodgers, then I think it makes a Magglio deal with the Dodgers inevitable and that one of Garcia/Perez would be coming to the Sox, if not both. 

This was my thought exactly when i read it... but I saw you on the thread so I waited to hear what you thought first.

If the Mariners got LoDuca for Garcia, I think they would be doing pretty good. 

My question, would you guys do a Jose and Magglio for Garcia, Perez and Mota deal??? Who knows if the Dodgers would, but if they do add those two, it could be a possibility.

I think the more likely scenario is one of those starters, Mota, and one of their top pitching prospects.

Ok,

If We sign Ponson (if) then I want Mota in any deal. Mota and Perez plus minors for those two are great with me. Then we turn around and sign Gonzolas for 8 million.

Done, I would be a happy season ticket holder.

Ok,

If We sign Ponson (if) then I want Mota in any deal. Mota and Perez plus minors for those two are great with me. Then we turn around and sign Gonzolas for 8 million.

Done, I would be a happy season ticket holder.

Ya, if the Ponson report is true (i'd be very happy if it was) then I'd want one of Garcia/Perez. I'd prefer Perez because he's a little cheaper and a lefty, although Garcia is possibly the bigger name and you have to like the fact that he pitched in the AL. At the same time both are coming from pitcher parks, although Safeco is a better pitcher park, although it is an AL stadium.

I'd say Garcia/Perez, Mota, and a prospect for Magglio would be great. Sox then sign Ponson so it acts as Ponson, Garcia or Perez, Mota, and a top prospect for Magglio Ordonez.

It would be about 12 mill in salary the Sox would end up taking (if reports of that 6 mill deal are true with Ponson) and they'd get their stellar reliever to go with Marte. They still would need at least one more reliever, but its possible. The one thing is, this deal doesn't save a lot of cash, but it fills a whole lot of needs.

And if the reports are true about Juan Gone, you could see Juan Gone, Ponson, Garcia/Perez, Top Prospect for Ponson. The problem is that would cost about 3 mill more then Magglio, but I'd take that slew of players of Maggs any day of the week. But to do that, the Sox would definately have to find a taker for Konerko or Koch, plus Jose, but I find moving Jose very realistic and I could see them getting a quality young arm out of it (Maybe a young reliever or something along those lines).

Why am I getting excited again, this couldn't happen could it????

Ya, if the Ponson report is true (i'd be very happy if it was) then I'd want one of Garcia/Perez.  I'd prefer Perez because he's a little cheaper and a lefty, although Garcia is possibly the bigger name and you have to like the fact that he pitched in the AL.  At the same time both are coming from pitcher parks, although Safeco is a better pitcher park, although it is an AL stadium. 

I'd say Garcia/Perez, Mota, and a prospect for Magglio would be great. Sox then sign Ponson so it acts as Ponson, Garcia or Perez, Mota, and a top prospect for Magglio Ordonez. 

It would be about 12 mill in salary the Sox would end up taking (if reports of that 6 mill deal are true with Ponson) and they'd get their stellar reliever to go with Marte.  They still would need at least one more reliever, but its possible.  The one thing is, this deal doesn't save a lot of cash, but it fills a whole lot of needs.

And if the reports are true about Juan Gone, you could see Juan Gone, Ponson, Garcia/Perez, Top Prospect for Ponson.  The problem is that would cost about 3 mill more then Magglio, but I'd take that slew of players of Maggs any day of the week.  But to do that, the Sox would definately have to find a taker for Konerko or Koch, plus Jose, but I find moving Jose very realistic and I could see them getting a quality young arm out of it (Maybe a young reliever or something along those lines). 

Why am I getting excited again, this couldn't happen could it????

then you turn around and trade Koch for weathers or prospects to the mets. THen Ginter, Wunch, Wright, mota, Marte, and weathers or a non tendered player round out the bullpen. Take koch's salary out and you find your money for Juan gone.

I think you could get Juan gone to bite on a 2 yr deal worth 10 mill.  Maybe even a 1 yr 5 mill deal and I wouldn't be shocked to see him get far less, but the lowest I see him getting is like 2 mill.

great adjust the numbers to my past post and you are there. The payroll will end up being around 65 million.

Why is everybody getting so excited about Juan Gonzalez?

He's always hurt.

The teams he plays for regularly underachieve.

He gets dealt every season.

I think the Sox can find a better alternative, somebody might never put up the monster numbers Gonzalez put up (long ago) but is a lot more solid performer.

ok thats fine, its just been rumored that Kenny is tlaking to him, that s all

If the Sox put Gonzalez in a position where he doesn't have to play every day (give Rowand some time or Borchard some time) then I think it makes a lot of sense.

Gonzalez is one of the best run producers in the majors when healthy. No, Juan isn't in his prime anymore, but he can still produce and he's one of the toughest people to pitch to in the majors. He can flat rake it.

See, I think if the Sox can deal Konerko or Thomas as well, then it makes it a lot easier cause you could use Juan Gone as a part time dh.

Why is everybody getting so excited about Juan Gonzalez?

He's always hurt.

The teams he plays for regularly underachieve.

He gets dealt every season.

I think the Sox can find a better alternative, somebody might never put up the monster numbers Gonzalez put up (long ago) but is a lot more solid performer.

People said the same thing about Dick Allen

Dick Allen was 30 when he came to the Sox for the 1972 season and had driven in 90 runs with a slugging percentage of .468 the previous year for the Dodgers. Dick Allen had at least 430 at bats every season and had over 500 in 5 out of 8 years before turning his life over to Chuck Tanner. He also played first base.

Gonzo is 34. He is an outfielder. He hasn't had 350 at bats in either of the last two seasons. The Rangers told him to get lost last year.

There's got to be a better idea.

Well in reference to Juan Gonzalez, the Rangers weren't really using him as an everyday player because they were trying to get younger players involved since they weren't going somewhere.

The Sox won't be looking for Juan Gone to carry the offense, but to be a component of the offense with Carlos Lee and Frank Thomas. I think the one flaw is the Sox stay "right handed" with this move.

In hindsight, I think Juan Gone could be had for more like 2.5 mill or even a little less if he was going to get playing time. At that price its worth the risk, cause the guy can flat rake when he's healthy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?statsId=4398

There are Juan Gone's stats. In 2001 he was an absolute stud. 2002 he was injured and in 2003 he put up some damn good numbers because of limited at bats.

Hit .294, 24 HR, 70 RBI in just 327 AB. He played in only 82 games. If you figure those out to a 162 game season, thats pretty damn impressive. You can basically double his numbers and its realistic. Of course you would only expect 125-130 games, ensuring he gets time off, but he's a hell of a run producer.

What did he make last season? Espn shows 14 mill, but that was his 2002 salary, not his 2003 salary.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?statsId=4398

There are Juan Gone's stats.  In 2001 he was an absolute stud.  2002 he was injured and in 2003 he put up some damn good numbers because of limited at bats. 

Hit .294, 24 HR, 70 RBI in just 327 AB.  He played in only 82 games.  If you figure those out to a 162 game season, thats pretty damn impressive.  You can basically double his numbers and its realistic.  Of course you would only expect 125-130 games, ensuring he gets time off, but he's a hell of a run producer. 

What did he make last season?  Espn shows 14 mill, but that was his 2002 salary, not his 2003 salary.

From what I've heard from Juan is that he wants to get back on track and is Motivated. His goal is 500 Homers. I've heard that he's only interested in playing until he's about 38 so that's 4 or 5 more years, Cause he's gonna persue a carrer in Politics..(Shudder) Anyway he knows he won't be getting much and Juan has said he wants to prove himself...

A healthy Juan ain't a bad thing

He was also one of the biggest waste of talent ever, right up there with Strawberry.

I thought you guy were talking about Lois Gonzalez.

Were talking about Juan gone and how do you call him one of the biggest waste of talents. During the mid 90's he was the most prolific and feared offensive hitter in the majors.

Injuries have made him worse, but as recent as 2001 he knocked in over 140 RBI...thats pretty sick. I remember in the 90's he averaged more RBI per ab than any player in the majors.

This guy has the talent and was at one point the best offensive player in the majors. He can still flat hit too, last year in 82 games he knocked in 70 with 24 Hr's. The big concern is can he stay healthy, is he motivated, and will he draw more walks, cause the past two years he hasn't had near as many walks, but at the same time he wasn't playing every day.