Winter Meetings Roundup

DBAHO

"The Twins are interested in free agent closer Ugueth Urbina. Mike Williams, Jose Mesa and Antonio Alfonseca are other closer options Minnesota is considering if it doesn't work out with Urbina."

How much is Urbina? Sox should offer him a deal like they offered Eddie Guardado. Even if he may not be a perfect fit for the Sox, I'd sure like to see the Twins stuck with Alfonseca.

Any thoughts on Urbina? He and Ozzie might be buddies. Somehow the Sox had the money to offer it to Eddie.

If all goes well with trades involving Williamson and Molta then Sox probably wont spend money (if any is still available) towards Urbina. From what I gathered on Williamson, Boston fans believed he had the s*** to close games....so if the Koch/Weathers deal is finalized I wouldnt mind having Williamson fill the role.

I would love the idea of Garcia and Guillen for Valentin and someone else(depending on who that someone else is of course). The only problem is that the Sox would be adding about 10.5M(assuming Garcia gets around 8M through arbitration) and only giving up 5M + the someone elses salary. With that said, I have always been a fan of Guillens and think he would be an upgrade over Valentin at SS. Add to the fact that the Sox get Garcia(whos trade value is decreasing by the day with the non-tender date approaching this Saturday) and that would be 2 solid additions to the team, however, it makes me wonder who this other player is?

Wow. Can you imagine the Twins replacing Eddie Guardado and LaTroy Hawkins with Jose Mesa and Antonio Alfonseca?

:lolhitting

All of a sudden, any fears I had of that Twins team are quickly fading away. I think Alfonseca blew 6 saves last year - he can count them on one hand.

I have a feeling we have seen all that the Sox plan to do during these meetings. I have a feeling we have seen all that they plan to do all off-season. If there are any more moves, they will be nothing to get excited about. Just a bad feeling I get. I was looking forward to this offseason, but so far, I am not looking forward to the 2004 season. Well, I am as I love baseball, but I really am not expecting to see a killer Sox team stroll onto that field and kick some butt.

But I am expecting to see some other team in the area do some serious damage, and of that I do not look forward to. At all.