Is this article true or false?

Pastime

You mean if I spend the $10 million I have in my pocket, I will double my money tomorrow?  Sonofab****, I never realized that was the secret to financial management.  Thanks for the enlightenment. 

:D

dude, that is all it takes!

is it because you never buy (as I read in another thread) that you you have 10 million in your pocket? :lol:

I know that as a society, we love "dirt" and "juicy stuff" to just rile up the masses, but can't any columnist have even the slightest sliver of integrity?  I truly think that this guy just wanted to stir the pot. 

When I read a column that has no sources or quotes, I tend to just want to wipe my ass with it.

Thank you. :notworthy This is exactly what I felt about this article when I started to read it.

And my ass is much cleaner now too. :lol:

You mean if I spend the $10 million I have in my pocket, I will double my money tomorrow?  Sonofab****, I never realized that was the secret to financial management.  Thanks for the enlightenment. 

:D

I personally have countless posts where I slam fellow Sox fans and generally argue from a Devil Advocate, er, JR's perspective and all........But are you effin' serious, mate? Does the whole *situation** seem THAT simple to you?

Do you think Jerry Reindorf is gonna WIN the battle with Sox fans? Arguably, there is NO winning for either side if only 1.5 Mill fans attend games (with all the half-price s*** it it's actually worse than it looks) and hardly anyone watches TV or buys merchandise in 2004...... meaning among other things Mr. Frugal Businessman Jerry Reinsdorf will stand to lose those same "10 Million" that he so desperately wants to keep from spending on payroll.....And that is EXACTLY what's gonna happen on the SouthSide if a team full of "grinders" (Uribe, Harris, Olivo, Carlos Guillen, Rowand, Wright, Garland, Munoz, etc) loses 85 games in a pathetic ALC in 2004.

Do me a favor, tell me what YOU think Sox should do, what "financial model" SHOULD they follow given that this is a SPORTS franchise in a city so desperate for a WS appperance it almost defies belief....and not a meat-packing factory.

EDIT: Again, I don't ask for unrealistic things like a an 80+ Mill payroll; I do realize Sox fans haven't earned it.... BUT when you need to keep Kip Wells and Keith Foulke and it comes down to a mill or two.....f***ING DO IT if you care about the future of this franchize....and by extension FUTURE profits.

in the era of instant gratification I suppose that is to be expected but while I want the Sox to make moves, I want them to be the right moves, not just any moves so it appears as if something is happening.
Instant gratification? Try 86 years and counting. This franchise is getting close to running out of chances.

Instant gratification? Try 86 years and counting. This franchise is getting close to running out of chances.

Instant gratification is wanting moves now now now.

As far as those 86 years - I have lived more of them than almost anyone else here, been going to games before some of the parents of the posters here were born so I don't take any s*** about how long anyone has waited for a world series winner - I f***ing win that one :headbang :headbang :headbang

Instant gratification is wanting moves now now now.

As far as those 86 years - I have lived more of them than almost anyone else here, been going to games before some of the parents of the posters here were born so I don't take any s*** about how long anyone has waited for a world series winner - I f***ing win that one :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

There are several posters here who waited longer than you, junior.

I don't think these people want "now-now-now anything as long as it's now".

I think they want to get as much talent for Magglio as possible and use the freed up cash together with extra 10 Mill or so of payroll money to dramatically imprive starting rotation.

The last thing anyone want to see is MORE cheap grinders (in place of Magglio, Frank no less) while everybody else in the majors and their gramma are getting Everett, A-Rod, Vazquez, Colon, Millwood, Shilling, Foulke, Juan Gonzalez, Wagner, Ramirez, Batista, Ponson, Fullmer, Cameron, Garciappara, Sexton, Giles, Lee, Tejada, Maddux, Hawkins, Guardado, Palmeiro, Stairs, Ibanez, Matsui, Sheffield, I-Rod, Guerrero, etc, etc, etc

This smack of another no-attempt attempt at winning ALC which will inevitably result in more failure and heartbreak.....and we'll (no, YOU'll be, I won't) be back here b****ing about payroll and wallowing in OTHER teams' rumors. Only this time it won't be 58 Mill, but 48 and even less chance at doing anything in 2005.....

86 years and counting....tick-tock.

1, There are several posters here who waited longer than you, junior.

2. I don't think these people want "now-now-now anything as long as it's now".

3. The last thing anyone want to see is MORE cheap grinders (in place of Magglio, Frank no less) while everybody else in the majors and their gramma are getting Everett, A-Rod, Vazquez, Colon, Shilling, Foulke, Wagner, Ramirez, Ponson, Fullmer, Cameron, Garciappara, Tejada, Maddux, Hawkins, Guardado, Stairs, Ibanez, Matsui, Sheffield, I-Rod, Guerrero, etc, etc, etc

1. other than ncorg, not aware of any but ok, nino! :lol:

2. You don't but there are threads here saying people do

3. That is the last thing I want to.

What I don't understand right now is we all know Frank is a JR favorite and yet JR hired Ozzie who is talking smack against the Big Hurt and reportedly Frank wants out - couldn't JR see through that or did that fail to come during interviews?

now we know that KW tried to trade Frank to Boston (June 2002) and a shareholder uprising caused JR to stop the trade

now KW hires a manager with no credentials other than he he is driving Frank away

KW ain't so dumb but his smartness is to exert control over the players, not improve the team

1. other than ncorg, not aware of any but ok, nino!  :lol:

2. You don't but there are threads here saying people do

3. That is the last thing I want to.

4. What I don't understand right now is we all know Frank is a JR favorite and yet JR hired Ozzie who is talking smack against the Big Hurt and reportedly Frank wants out - couldn't JR see through that or did that fail to come during interviews?

5. now we know that KW tried to trade Frank to Boston (June 2002) and a shareholder uprising caused JR to stop the trade

6. now KW hires a manager with no credentials other than he he is driving Frank away

7. KW ain't so dumb but his smartness is to exert control over the players, not improve the team

1. Damn straight

2. Consider the source.

3. What DO you want to see, cw?

4. You're looking for logic and vision in one of the most bizarre and irratioional franchises in sports. I sometimes wonder if JR koows ANYTHING about ANYTHING and if the rumors about JR-Kenny-Hurt-Ozzie are even close to being true.

5. That was when Frank was by all accounts washed up...Can you imagine what will happen if he AND Maggs are moved....Uprising is the worst sense of the word. Guilerma Mota and Brian Daubach couldn't begin to alleviate the situation.

6. I didn't want Ozzie, but after seeing one of the most will-less and fundamentaly ill-prepared chokers in 2001-2003, I was ready for just about anybody....Why would Guillen say what he did during PC? KW told him to?

7. KW is a petty and arrogant creature, true control freak. How many players did you see come to the Sox during his tenure who were willing to give Latroy Hawkins' type discount? I don't think his job is easy, but he makes it even harder on himself.

I feel the exact same way

hiring Ozzie as manager may be the worst thing we have done since hiring Hawk as GM

I know you are anti-Ozzie, and though I believe in giving the guy a chance, I respect that. However, I can't believe you give any semblance of credence to the accuracy or integrity of this article.

Guys!

You act as if these players' salaries are coming out of your pockets...they're NOT!

Reinsdorf can afford to sign ANY free agents, he just doesn't want to spend money! Stop playing into this "fiscal responsibilty" bulls***; what about being responsible/accountable to your fans???

We know what Reinsdorf CAN do. We also know what he WILL (or will not, in this case) do. That's just called facing reality.