Colon.......

MurcieOne

well, I don't think he will mentor, but he will help by his actions, especially when the young guys see first hand his ability to get stronger as the game goes on. That will push them to start strengthening their legs, which is where it comes from with Colon.

I'm not a huge fan of Colon, but i love the idea that he gets stronger and better as the game goes on. There aren't many guys in baseball who can do that.

i dont know, colon is more of a power-pitcher i think than anyone on our staff would ever strive to be.  i dont see him as the long-lasting mentor type of pitcher unless he is able to change his game when his arm starts to go south.

I'm hoping he's one of those guys like Ryan and Clemens that can keep it up for a long time. I think he's got an amazingly strong arm.

Of course Rocket and Nolan both stayed in phenomenal shape.

Guest hotsoxchick1

im sure the guys already know the proper technique of reeses peanut butter cup eating....(start with the edges and work your way into the middle) and im sure they all know about the cream filling in a twinkie and the exact shelf life each snack cake has.... maybe our guys can teach colon how to use a tread mill ........or show him the proper techniques in the weight room.........would be a good place for him to start anyhow...........

Guest hotsoxchick1
Oh s***....I just saw on the Best Damn Sports Show that Kevin Mitchell once injured himself eating and then vomitting a cupcake back up....if anyone in the majors is capable of that right now, it's Colon.

hope someone in the clubhouse knows the heimlick (sp?)

If there was one good thing that came out of the David Wells fiasco, it was that he was enough of an influence on Mark Buerhle that help Buerhle become a better pitcher. If Colon could do the same with Danny Wright, you could be looking at two 200K pitchers on staff. Awesome, f***ING AWESOME!!! :headbang

Guest hotsoxchick1

would that be a better pitcher of beer????? just wondering........lol........too bad colon cant teach anyone how to be a better batter........ lmao get it snack cakes and batter...... oh hell never mind its late and im off to bed now.....cant be too creative when the meds kick in..... GOOD NITE everyone and have a great day tomorrow................