Seattle to Acquire Vizquel

Chisoxfn

This leaves the Dodgers as the definate front runners, but does give Seattle the ability to add Magglio...of course they may no longer be suitors for Jose Valentin's services, unless some type of Jose for Omar Vizquel swap happened (But I think Omar makes more then Jose).

Also, Carlos Guillen is the likely player leaving the Mariners for Cleveland which probably means he isn't a possibility as well.

Randy Wynn is still out there though and would definately fill a need for the Sox.

More reports are surfacing that Garcia will be non tendered becasue the Mariners took a beating last year, althoug his agent has said Garcia would take a large pay cut, but the Mariners aren't listening. Most teams have backed off on getting Freddy via trade, because he's gonna be non tendered and available for less.

All I can say is, if I were a team trying to get Garcia, it may be best to deal for him, and try to negotiate a deal beforehand, because its gonna be real tough to sign him when he hits the market (Although he should be out there for a fair price) but there could be a few suitors: White Sox, St. Louis (Unless they are stopping at Suppan), maybe the Dodgers, possibly a few others.

I would agree that if a team wants Freddy, they should give up something minimal and try to get a contract done.

That being said, if I were Garcia and his agent, I wouldn't be in a major rush to sign 'cause if he does get non-tendered there will be several teams (at least) who'll come knocking.

On a sidenote...this deal makes absolutely no freaking sense. Mariners are trading a solid, relatively cheap shortstop, for Omar Vizquel whose old, had two knee surgeries last season and is due around 6 mill, maybe more.

Why in god sake would you make that deal???? I realize Omar is amazing defensively, but I'd have to think two knee surgeries would have a drastic effect on his range. Plus he only hit .244 last year. Hell, Carlos Guillen hit .275 with a .359 OBP (He'd be a sweet two hole hitter...although the high k totals are worrisome, but he draws a ton of walks).

And to make not, he hit a little over .290 on the road.

I would agree that if a team wants Freddy, they should give up something minimal and try to get a contract done.

That being said, if I were Garcia and his agent, I wouldn't be in a major rush to sign 'cause if he does get non-tendered there will be several teams (at least) who'll come knocking.

But at the same time, he'd probably end up taking even less of a pay cut.

I think a team could probably sign him for 5-6 mill if they acquired him in a trade and that would be more then fair for a guy with his type of talent..compared to the 8 mill he'd have a shot at commanding in arbitration.

Dodgers being front runners for Nomar is the best, alot of talk that Red Sox want to swap Mann-Nomar for A-Rod-Maggs.

LA has no talent Red Sox really want for this year, O. Perez would be 4-5 starter at best, Mota would be nice but they are trying to get rid of sullivan, with foulke signing they are probably not looking for more bullpen, so the Dodgers can trade them, prospects, or give them what the White Sox want for Maggs.

Maggs is pretty much the best hitter that is actively being shopped besides for Vlad, who for some reason LA does not want or can not get, Boston does not seem interested, again Im not sure why, hed put Manny numbers in Boston, so there are 2 teams that want hitters, and 1 team that has no hitters.

Boston has something to offer, nomar.

Chicago has something to offer, maggs

LA will be forced to trade at high prices, cause Nomar could fetch the Angels, Mariners (if no Vizquel).

The reality is Mariners could get Nomar for Garcia and Soriano, cause that is what it takes to get Maggs.

I am sorry, but 2 players that could potentially be MVP's any year are much more valuable then what LA has been offering.

There trades are laughable, we wont give up Jackson, Miller, but we will give you Hanrahan, Perez, and Cora (because he is Joey Cora's brother so that for some reason makes us think he wont suck like his brother?)

Cardianls got about that much for JD Drew.

LA is confused, by not dealing directly with the Sox they are going to get it worse in the end. They think since they are taking salary they will get the best of us, but they forget Boston will take that salary hit for us, so its not like a K. Brown salary dump, but Red Sox want talent.

The best hope for the Sox is that Epstien and Williams have an agreement for Maggs if A-Rod goes through, and they will see how bad they can deplete the Dodger system.

Itd be nice, wouldnt it lol.

I know people will say that will never happen, etc, but if it is feasible it is just as likely as any other scenario. You never know what can happen, so you just hope for the best.

SB