WSCR reporting Jose to SEA...

RudyLawRules

This is terrible for the Sox.  Sounds like Vizquel and Garcia for Perez and Izturis.  Sox can not touch this deal.

Dodgers will land Garcia if they want him as they have the pitching resources.

The Dodgers won't trade for Itzuris more expensive, not so healthy clone, not near as much upside clone.

I think this has nothing to do with the Dodgers. And the Dodgers would be fools, just like the Mariners were to take on Vizquels contract. I still am stunned by this deal.

I still say Randy Wynn for Jose Valentin :headbang

Dodgers need hitting, not Garcia...try again

Dodgers would only acquire Garcia if they plan on dealing him or to give them room to deal for a bat (using Perez as bait - i think thats who they would rather deal).

LoDuca, if anyone, is the only guy I could see headed to Seattle and I think that deal is pretty cold.

Dodgers need hitting, not Garcia...try again

I would think that they would need to replace Kevin Brown. And oh, they now have $15M to spend if needed on hitting. Someone wants a shortstop and was rumored to be in the market for Garcia and that team was the Dodgers. They can then move Perez and/or Weaver for hitting. A package of Weaver and Perez will net soem nice hitting and allows them to possibly keep the cash the got for Weaver to spend elsewhere.

I think it will be pretty hard to move Valentin, Konerko, and Koch.

Could a Jose Valentin for Freddy Garcia deal happen just because the Mariners want to get something for Freddy because they won't be keeping him either way?

Thats a definate possibility, the problem is the Sox would be adding about a mill, in payroll, so they would then have to find another taker for one of their bats most likely. Of course I am fairly confident that Magglio will be dealt by Sunday...Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

I would think that they would need to replace Kevin Brown.  And oh, they now have $15M to spend if needed on hitting.  Someone wants a shortstop and was rumored to be in the market for Garcia and that team was the Dodgers.  They can then move Perez and/or Weaver for hitting.  A package of Weaver and Perez will net soem nice hitting and allows them to possibly keep the cash the got for Weaver to spend elsewhere.

I think it will be pretty hard to move Valentin, Konerko, and Koch.

What makes you think that the Sox weren't the team looking to do this with Seattle? Plus Cirrillo is reportedly on his way to New York, which means they have a void at 3rd base so Jose still fits in Seattle.

You can get rid of Jose, but remember we better improve....our O sucked last year with Willie and Rowand starting, and I can see that again if we keep dumping our bats without improving

Something tells me that if you looked at the White Sox record this year when 1 or both of these guys started,you would find that the Sox recod was pretty decent.

What makes you think that the Sox weren't the team looking to do this with Seattle?  Plus Cirrillo is reportedly on his way to New York, which means they have a void at 3rd base so Jose still fits in Seattle.

I think Spiezio is going to be Seattle's 3rd baseman.

Sometimes Seattle makes the weirdest trades.

This Guillen/Vizquel trade makes no sense from a Seattle perspective. Guillen is better at this stage, and Vizquel makes more than twice as much. The only thing could be off the field. I know Guillen was charges with a DWI, I wonder if he is close with Garcia. Maybe they plan to keep Garcia, and keep all the bad influences away.

You are correct DonkeyKong. The reports out of Seattle say that they intend to play Spiezio at 3rd in hopes of moving Cirillo, so I don't think Seattle has much interest in Valentin any more. I am still scratching my head over the Vizquel for Guillen deal. That makes no sense for Seattle. Oh well, hopefully KW can rip them off as well.

What makes you think that the Sox weren't the team looking to do this with Seattle?  Plus Cirrillo is reportedly on his way to New York, which means they have a void at 3rd base so Jose still fits in Seattle.

If they do trade Cirillo for Cedeno, there's sumthin like a $7 million diff. in salaries, both contracts r for 2 years, so the Mets may not hav enough money left to get Koch, hence why they want the White Sox to balance out the salaries in the Koch for Weathers deal.

To clear up what WSCR actually said,

1. George Offman reported that Jose Valentin is on his way out, that's it, no specific team or anything

2. Then Doug Buffone and whoever is filling in for Mike North began speculating on the team and threw around Seattle, and if you didn't hear the whole progression of things (meaning listen for a 1/2 hour stuck in traffic like I did) then you could think that WSCR was actually reporting Seattle

3. Offman's last update at 5:30 mentioned NOTHING about Jose

I usually don't like George Offman because he's the Peter Gammons of Chicago when it comes to rumors (meaning he throws out a ton and sees what sticks), however he did not, at least what I heard, report a specific team

I think with 2 Jose's switching teams in the last few hours it's possible the old baseball grapvine got clogged up and the White Sox's Jose could have been a confusion

What's being said here is true, I was out and about today and listened for about an hour.

Offman said Jose is likely to be moved soon, but did NOT say it would be to Seattle. So all this "how does he fit in Seattle" talk, while interesting, likely holds no merit.

We'll just have to wait and see.

There are so many rumors out there, and the dominos may begin to fall if/when this Manny/A-Rod thing gets done.

We've waited this long for something to happen, what's a few more hours ... or days ... or weeks ... or months :lol: