Maggs-Nomar swapped, pending A-rod

Loaiza21

I say keep Nomar. Then let him play things out and the worst that happens is the same thing that would've happened with Mags. We get draft picks for him.

If Williamson and Kim are indeed part of that deal, you deal off Koch and Valentin for basically whatever you can get for them. Maybe give Kim a shot at starting again and let Williamson close with Marte as the setup man.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that if this deal goes down that the Sox don't go and send Nomar to the Dodgers for the Pitchers etc. rumored. Hopefully they can get rid of Valentin and Koch, and PK so we can free up some salary. Or maybe they'll expand it. Who knows?

I hope that we do turn around and send him to LA. The way I see it, your team doesn't really improve too much with Nomah. If we got Perez, Mota and two top prospects in a deal from LA, free up $10M, use the loot to sign Ponson, Javy, JuanGon, (cough cough) Vlad (cough cough), or solid relievers we DEFINITELY have a better team than before. Basically, in this scenario, we traded Maggs for Ponson, JuanGon, Perez, Mota, and two TOP prospects. I think that's more than we could've expected from a guy with 1 yr left on his deal. And I'm tellin' ya, Danny Evans is pissed. He is shocked that he's not getting Nomar. He'll overpay for him. I love it. And yes, I do equate Perez, Mota, and two TOP prospects for Nomar as overpaying.

And yes, I do equate Perez, Mota, and two TOP prospects for Nomar as overpaying.

I don't. Perez is a #3 at best, Mota is a reliever (albeit a great one) and there's no guarantee that the propsects will work out.

If we're going to give up Nomar, I want proven starting pitching at the ML level.

I don't.  Perez is a #3 at best, Mota is a reliever (albeit a great one) and there's no guarantee that the propsects will work out.

If we're going to give up Nomar, I want proven starting pitching at the ML level.

which is why Val and/or Pauly is a better choice. Evans isn't going to give us more than perez/mota. Nomar should forward his mail to Chitown...not LA.

Am I the only one here that would rather have the Sox get L.A. pitchers than keep Nomar?  Take a look at Nomar's home/road splits since 2001:

At bats:  Home- 689; Road- 687

Hits:  Home- 236;  Road- 183

2B's: Home- 61; Road- 35

Avg.:  Home- .343;  Road- .266

OBP: Home- .384; Road- .314

OPS: Home- .970; Road- .773

I have big time concerns that, away from Fenway, Nomar ain't a $10 mil-a-year or so player.

As opposed to pitching stats at Dodger Stadium?

Let's go ahead and start the speculation of who the pitching prospects KW will send will be.

To me, I don't want Cotts or Honel in this deal. Besides that, I'd be open to mostly anything, as long as they didn't ask for too much.

From what I heard this morning on sports radio and from what I like, is the idea that Nomar goes to the Dodgers. Getting nomar for one year makes no sense. If he doesn't play in boston he wants to go to LA. Let him go they want each other. So I would take Williamson, Mota, Perez for Maggs and a minor leager. We fill a starter spot, closer spot and middle relief with three very good pitchers. Oh we also save alot of cash. Then we unload Koch, and save more cash then we go out and get a free agent outfielder at half of maggs price. This is where we should have worked out a deal with everett. But we didn't.

I would love this trade. It brings us instant credability in pitching, would also alow us to sign Carlos lee longer. In addition, we could easily sweeten the pot for Ponson. Not alot just a sweeten.

I hope this happens.

As opposed to pitching stats at Dodger Stadium?

Yes, they're "inflated" for pitchers, so what?

Nomar is a free agent(I believe) at the end of the year, and unless he has an all-time career terrible year, he'll command as much money as Maggs. If the Sox won't pony up the dough for a career .300-30-100 guy at the Cell, why would they give it to someone who I fear would consistently put up .270-20-75, playing in Chicago? They'll lose him after one season, and get a few measly draft picks for him. Perez and Mota are both signed for awhile(exactly why Evans HAS to trade Perez, and hesitates to include Mota in on deals), and the prospects could help restock our somewhat depleted farm system. Lefty starters are ALWAYS a commodity, and prospects can ALWAYS be used as trade chips.

BUT I ALSO AGREE, GARCIAPARRA WOULD BE AN INSTANT FAN FAVORITE, AND WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT VALENTINES DEFENSE AND LACK OF AVERAGE. BUT IF HE IS NOT GOING TO SIGN AN EXTENSION, THEN EITHER TRADE HIM TO LA, OR JUST DEAL WITH LA ONLY, AND THEN DO THE MINOR TRADE FOR WILLIAMSON, AND TRADE VALENTIN TO SEATTLE WHO NEEDS A SHORTSTOP BECAUSE OMAR FAILED HIS PHYSICAL. AND THEN KOCH TO THE METS FOR ANYONE, MAYBE EVEN TO GET ROYCE RING BACK. :fthecubs

Yes, they're "inflated" for pitchers, so what?

Nomar is a free agent(I believe) at the end of the year, and unless he has an all-time career terrible year, he'll command as much money as Maggs.  If the Sox won't pony up the dough for a career .300-30-100 guy at the Cell, why would they give it to someone who I fear would consistently put up .270-20-75, playing in Chicago?  They'll lose him after one season, and get a few measly draft picks for him.  Perez and Mota are both signed for awhile(exactly why Evans HAS to trade Perez, and hesitates to include Mota in on deals), and the prospects could help restock our somewhat depleted farm system.  Lefty starters are ALWAYS a commodity, and prospects can ALWAYS be used as trade chips.

Well put ghost, I am in complete agreement

Wait PA is posting on the Pale hose board, about baseball?  Are you trying to win votes for something?

LMAO...I told you...I wanna win white sox analyst for next year. Or at least be nominated for everything...only to lose.

and riddle me this: Of course you're gonna win the best starter of threads, when you're single-handedly responsible for starting 2/3rds of the threads on this site, mr 300 posts per day :lol:

BUT I ALSO AGREE, GARCIAPARRA WOULD BE AN INSTANT FAN FAVORITE, AND WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT VALENTINES DEFENSE AND LACK OF AVERAGE. BUT IF HE IS NOT GOING TO SIGN AN EXTENSION, THEN EITHER TRADE HIM TO LA, OR JUST DEAL WITH LA ONLY, AND THEN DO THE MINOR TRADE FOR WILLIAMSON, AND TRADE VALENTIN TO SEATTLE WHO NEEDS A SHORTSTOP BECAUSE OMAR FAILED HIS PHYSICAL. AND THEN KOCH TO THE METS FOR ANYONE, MAYBE EVEN TO GET ROYCE RING BACK. :fthecubs

For the sake of our eyes, hit the CAPS LOCK PLEASE!!!

hey friend....

third button up, all the way to the left of the keyboard... *press*

kthanks...

:D I'm not certain if it's him. That was on topic and almost intelligent. Of course it didn't add anything new.

man...and I even played a song in your honor.

btw...Return of the kings was awesome. Stayed awake and in tune the whole time. I can't stick to topic too long. Don't want to lose my rep!

man...and I even played a song in your honor.

btw...Return of the kings was awesome. Stayed awake and in tune the whole time. I can't stick to topic too long. Don't want to lose my rep!

I'm touched. BTW if you get a chance to see him life, catch the show. It will either entertain you with the music or entertain you with the psuedo cowboy fans who believe Pat Green is "deep". The crowd when I saw him in Austin was hilarious.

Does this make the outfield Lee, Rowand and Borchard.

Or Lee, Reed and Rowand?

What about that rumor that we already have a deal worked out where we sending pitching prospects to the Expos for Everett? I think that at the salary he signed for he's a steal, and definitely an Ozzie Guillen type player.

I must say the prospects of landing Nomar excite me. He is definitely a fan favorite and would fill some seats. I guess Maggs is too though. I'm just worried that he won't be happy here without the HUGE fan support out east or being at home out west. This deal would only cut payroll by a very small amount and would acquire a shortstop, so clearly we need to move Valentin, and hopefully can move Konerko too.

If all the stuff I mentioned happens, that would make our outfield Lee, Rowand, Everett and infield Crede, Nomar, Harris, Thomas/Other Acquisition. Personally, I say the number don't lie, play Thomas at first for at least 100 games, he'll hit better and as long as he doesn't have to throw, isn't the extreme defensive liability that he is made out to be. Then Olivo catching. That lineup can definitely compete in the AL Central.

Bottom line, if we are going to get rid of Maggs, let's make sure to get a superstar in return.