Maggs-Nomar swapped, pending A-rod

Loaiza21

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh why not give 'em Valentin for Mota?  I'd deal with that.

I know Valetnin isn't worth a ton to the Dodgers. I just don't understand why it seems like the Sox are doing the Dodgers a favor.

I'll take my chances with Nomar and Williamson. Then see what other moves Kenny has in mind.

Just heard from Bruce Levine the following rumors:

Jose Valentine to Seattle for Carlos Guillen;

Maggs and prospects to Boston for Williamson, Nomar and Johnny Damon

Damon and Konerko to LA for Perez and Mota :fthecubs

if that all falls into place, i would be one happy man

Bruce give you a call? :lol:

Writers are forced to fill time and space. I'll believe it when I read it in Mariotti's column.

Am I the only one who says f*** Dan Evans? He can have Konerko or Valentin and that's it.

Exactly...Sox should keep Nomar...deal Jose to the Mariners for Randy Wynn or Freddy Garcia and then deal Konerko to the Dodgers for a starting pitcher.

Keep Nomar...keep Williamson, keep Byun Yun Kim. I love a pen with those two, Marte and then move Koch to somewhere.

That's why the trade was contingent on being able to sign him to an extension.  And anyway I'd rather have one year of Nomar than five of Odalis Perez.

How can you say, "Yes, they're 'inflated' for pitchers, so what?" when you based your whole argument to that point on devauling Nomar's numbers at Fenway. :bang

Odalis "The Messiah" Perez

Home 6-3 2.73 ERA .99 WHIP .215 AVG against

Road 6-9 5.59 ERA 1.45 WHIP .297 AVG against

Sign him up.

That's why the trade was contingent on being able to sign him to an extension. And anyway I'd rather have one year of Nomar than five of Odalis Perez.**AN EXTENSION AT $10 MILLION A YEAR? THERE'S NO WAY THE SOX WOULD DO THAT, AND NO WAY HE'S WORTH THAT, UNLESS HE CAN SHOW THAT HIS ROAD NUMBERS OVER THE LAST 3 YEARS WERE A FLUKE.

How can you say, "Yes, they're 'inflated' for pitchers, so what?" when you based your whole argument to that point on devauling Nomar's numbers at Fenway. **NO, NOT EXCLUSIVELY. I USE HIS NUMBERS AWAY FROM FENWAY TO ESTIMATE HIS WORTH. PEREZ AT 3.5 MILLION A YEAR IS BETTER THAN NOMAR AT 10 MIL A YEAR, IF NOMAR CONTINUES HIS PACE OF CRAPPY HITTING AWAY FROM FENWAY. SOME OF OF ODALIS' NUMBERS CAN ALSO BE MORE ACCEPTABLY ATTRIBUTED TO HIS AGE, AS HE IS ONLY 27(IT USUSALLY TAKES PITCHERS LONGER THAN HITTERS TO " PUT IT TOGETHER." 27 IS MUCH YOUNGER FOR A PITCHER THAN A POSITION PLAYER). NOMAR IS 30? 31? AND HAS PLAYED HIS WHOLE CAREER WITH ONE TEAM.

If that happens...I'd be pumped.

We get Nomar, Perez, Mota, Williamson, Guillen and lose Konerko and Valentin's contract.

Or if we get Byun Yum Kim instead, then I'd just keep Kim and Williamson and tell the Dodgesr we don't need Mota, but deal Konerko for a starter and Jose to the Mariners.

The question is, why Carlos Guillen and not Randy Wynn??? Are the Sox going to move Guillen to 2nd and play Harris in cf? I'd rather get Wynn if he's available.

s***...I am so freaking excited just to see what happens.

I heard Jason Stark about 15 minutes on ESPN Radio and he said it could be as much as a 5 team deal after everything pans out and that Nomar could still be heading to LA.

I say keep Nomar, move Konerko and Jose..keep Williamson and if its Kim coming too, keep him as well.

is this official or still simply media speculation from unnamed sources?

and if we deal Nomar to LA we'd better get more than Odalis Perez, Mota and a 19-yearold pitcher.

Does this make the outfield Lee, Rowand and Borchard.

Or Lee, Reed and Rowand?

We got some major, major run production to replace.

You have got to be kidding about not wanting a Nomar to LA for Perez, Mota, and Miller deal. In fact, that deal is one-sided for the Sox. Trust me, you wouldn't be calling Miller some 19 year old pitcher for long. This kid is an absolute stud, and some feel he is the top pitching prospect in baseball. He is a 6'5 lefty that is consistantly in the low 90's with his fastball(sometimes reaching the mid-90's), has one of the best curves in the minors(compared to Zito's curve), a nasty developing slider, and a decent change. Most scouts feel that he has a good chance to come into the majors and dominate from day 1(even at 20, 21, 22) similar to Prior. The point is that it wouldn't take long before you are bowing to KW for getting this kid, and saying things like this was one of the best deal ever. Most LA fans that I have talked to say that they would hang Evans if he got rid of Miller, yet alone Perez, Mota, and Miller for Nomar or even Maggs. If the Sox could get Nomar and Williamson for Maggs and Munoz(maybe another pitching prospect), and then turn around and deal Nomar for Perez, Mota, and Miller(I doubt that LA will give that much up), than the Sox will be in a golden situation. Not only did they manage to save about 4-5M, but they also got a middle of the rotation starter(Perez), a stud prospect that could compete with Rauch/Diaz/Cotts for the 5th spot(Miller), and 2 dominating right handed relievers. That trade would address all the Sox pitching needs. The Sox could then trade Valentin to Seattle for Guillen, and Koch to the Mets for Weathers, and save about 5M. They can then use that 5M to sign JuanGone to replace Maggs. The only other question mark after that would be a leadoff hitter.

Exactly...Sox should keep Nomar...deal Jose to the Mariners for Randy Wynn or Freddy Garcia and then deal Konerko to the Dodgers for a starting pitcher.

Keep Nomar...keep Williamson, keep Byun Yun Kim.  I love a pen with those two, Marte and then move Koch to somewhere.

Thanks, Jason.

Yeah, let Evans rot in his little Saddam spider hole and just take it.

Am I the only one who says f*** Dan Evans? He can have Konerko or Valentin and that's it.

f*** Dan Evans. keep Nomar. Even more important that who would we recieve in the deal would be the perception in the media and the average fan that we would be trading our best players and getting nothing big in return. Mark my words if we go to camp without Maggs or Nomar, Attendance will be under 1.5 million this year.

f*** Dan Evans.  keep Nomar.  Even more important that who would we recieve in the deal would be the perception in the media and the average fan that we would be trading our best players and getting nothing big in return.  Mark my words if we go to camp without Maggs or Nomar, Attendance will be under 1.5 million this year.

My dad (Huge Dodger fan) just gave me a call. He's heard me constantly rip Evans and he'd s*** a brick if they got Konerko (I have been joking about the Dodgers getting stuck with him for a while...I'd love it to happen).

He said that he heard on the radio from some people in the org that Evans absolutely hates Ken Williams and has let it get in the way of the deal, while Williams has made statements if he feels that way, fine, but I can't let it get in the way of trying to better my team.

I know Evans was pissed from losing the job...but I think he's gonna be more pissed if the new ownership goes through cause he's gonna be ousted.

Either way...keep Nomar...deal Konerko to the Dodgers.

He said that he heard on the radio from some people in the org that Evans absolutely hates Ken Williams and has let it get in the way of the deal, while Williams has made statements if he feels that way, fine, but I can't let it get in the way of trying to better my team. 

I know Evans was pissed from losing the job...but I think he's gonna be more pissed if the new ownership goes through cause he's gonna be ousted.

Either way...keep Nomar...deal Konerko to the Dodgers.

Wouldn't that just be great? Williams steals Nomar from him, then Evans gets fired. HAHA.

f*** Dan Evans.  keep Nomar.  Even more important that who would we recieve in the deal would be the perception in the media and the average fan that we would be trading our best players and getting nothing big in return.  Mark my words if we go to camp without Maggs or Nomar, Attendance will be under 1.5 million this year.

We could put anybody on the field and if we're winning games, attendance is up. Sox fans, unlike Cub fans, aren't fooled by names anymore. I think we learned from the Santo and Kessinger years.

I'm guessing thats why Kim is no longer being mentioned as coming???

I dunno...its gonna be interesting, nothing is true until its official. Of course they are basing the article on the Sox payroll concerns. Somehow I read that as the Sox getting Nomar and then dealing him to the Dodgers.