Who do we ultimately want in these deals...

RudyLawRules

Give me Nomar, Williamson, and BY Kim.  It gives us a solid pen, and lets us deal Valentin and Koch for salary room with no replacement worries.

Ok, I am trying to sort out these rumors. Is it a straight Maggs for Nomar or is it Maggs for Nomar and a few others or is it Maggs + prospect for Nomar and a couple guys or another scenario that I didn't cover? :huh:

Ok, I am trying to sort out these rumors.  Is it a straight Maggs for Nomar or is it Maggs for Nomar and a few others or is it Maggs + prospect for Nomar and a couple guys or another scenario that I didn't cover?  :huh:

You aren't lost, there are just that many rumors. This article sums it up the best.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3689990/

The talk is that LA is still not out of the picture.  The question is, which way do we want this to go down?

We give up Maggs and prospects for:

Scenario 1: Nomar and Williamson

Scenario 2: Williamson, Perez, Mota, prospect (Miller?)

I think either way is a "win win".

Thoughts?

The problem with scenerio one is that the Sox will still be 5-7M over budget with some holes still to be filled. Thats why I think scenerio 2 is the best option for the Sox(that and I would love to see the Sox get their hands on Miller). In scenerio 2, the Sox would cut about 4-5M off the payroll so that should address their budget needs. They can then trade Valentin to Seattle for Guillen, and Koch to the Mets for Weathers, and save another 5M without getting worse. They can then use that extra 5M to sign JuanGone to replace Maggs. So in theory, scenerio 2 could land the Sox: Perez, Mota, Williamson, Miller, Guillen, Weathers, JuanGone, and get the Sox payroll under 60 at a cost of only Maggs, Munoz(possible another pitching prospect:), Valentin, and Koch. I don't know about you guys, but that seems like a great trade off and makes scenerio 2 the best option. Besides, in scenerio 1 what would the Sox do for pitching considering that they are still 5-7M over budget? Keeping Nomar would be great, but the key to winning with a payroll under 60M is quantity over quality, and scenerio 2 addresses that the best.