Soxtalk Server

Chisoxfn

That this is likely gonna be the first major test of this new server. I'm hoping by the new year we will be on a dedicated server with this new company, which will be awesome.

So far though it seems to be working really good since we made the change...but I just wanted to make mention of it because we may see some slow load times due to the heavy heavy volume.

Hopefully it just runs super quick though :D

AH, don't do this to me.... :bang There was already like a 10 minute outage from about 11:40 to 11:50.  Call the server company QUICK!!!!

Ya...I noticed that it went out, went back on and went back out again for a short period.

I got the phone number handy though.....I do know that it is gonna be a ton of stress on the server, but I got a lot of faith in this company :headbang

Just got off the horn with them...they said the volume shouldn't be a problem. Gave them a heads up that we'd have higher then normal traffic.

They don't know what caused the 5-10 minute outage but said they were talking with the company that deals with that on other line.

I think we may have a whole lot of happy Sox fans soon enough :headbang

Just got off the horn with them...they said the volume shouldn't be a problem. Gave them a heads up that we'd have higher then normal traffic. 

They don't know what caused the 5-10 minute outage but said they were talking with the company that deals with that on other line.

I think we may have a whole lot of happy Sox fans soon enough :headbang

Did you ever know that your my hero ;) :lol:

we'll we get soxnet back?

My honest, most likely answer, is no...but anything can happen. Although I do see a new Sox News Site starting up eventually...it would just be under a different name, with possibly different people.

I can say that if I were to do a Sox site, it would be FutureSox...thats what I want to do and will do. The time it would take to run a SoxNet type site is too much with school, work and friends.

My honest, most likely answer, is no...but anything can happen.  Although I do see a new Sox News Site starting up eventually...it would just be under a different name, with possibly different people. 

I can say that if I were to do a Sox site, it would be FutureSox...thats what I want to do and will do.  The time it would take to run a SoxNet type site is too much with school, work and friends.

And as far as FutureSox....we're messing around with some stuff....so if we do start that back up, it will look as good as ever.

Well I will have to say, despite my worry, the server held up pretty darned well.  We managed to cram 112 people on here and no real problems.  Like I said in another thread, I wonder how many we can get if these deals actually consumate?  150?

I think its a definate possibility. Just imagine the Sox winning the series :D