Best Outfields in Baseball

CSF

yep those cubbies are pretty damn good, the only problem is that there isnt much defense on their outfield. Patterson is suppose to be good but he never gets the big play.

Defensively there outfield is horrible. Alou is similar to Lee, and Patterson gets terrible jumps and reads on the ball.

As far as Sammy goes, he may be the worse defensive right fielder in baseball. I've never seen more boneheaded plays where he misses the cut off man or throws to the wrong base. A lot of the time, he plays like he just isn't thinking out there.

Ordonez is at least solid, Rowand is solid/with a good arm, and Lee is improving, but still horrible. I also think Ordonez is a more complete player then Sosa. There numbers aren't all that different, minus the homers, but Ordonez is younger and still coming into his zone.

Sammy is still an incredible player though. Of course, the Cubs don't even compete with the Sox in the infield.

Konerko wins at first, Hill/Jimenez is a push, Manos over Gonzalez (This is coming from my bias self that hates Manos), and Crede is a push with Bellhorn, but has way more potential. I only call it a push because Bellhorn had a pretty good year.

Then behind the plate I like Olivo and Miller as a push. Both are good defensively, Olivo hasn't proven anything at the plate; Miller is just lousy at the plate.

Last year Sosa was rated as one of the worse defensive right fielder in the majors. He has a terrible arm now, and made many bonehead plays. Some said his arm was hurt, but he isn't smart out there.

He does hustle though.

As far as Gonzalez goes, I wasn't comparing them defensively, just overall.

just joined....first post! whoo! rowand is great! i luv that guy! he hustles..dives..whys everyone against him? if u only put him there day in and day out..watch he'll prove himself..dontya think he would b a great 9th hitter?

First off...let me say Welcome Aboard.

Secondly, I'd like to say I am a Rowand supporter. He does all the little things, BUT, he still has a lot to prove.

This is going to be his first full season, and his numbers don't exactly stand out. Of course, the things I like most about Rowand are what you don't see on the stat sheet and I do think he'll be a better hitter now that he'll be playing everyday.

Still, thats just me going on a hunch. No matter what, he will hustle, move runners over not only with a sac bunt, but by simply sacrificing himself making sure he hits the ball to a certain side of the field.

Oh ya, the guy also has HEART!!!!!!!!

Last year Sosa was rated as one of the worse defensive right fielder in the majors.  He has a terrible arm now, and made many bonehead plays.  Some said his arm was hurt, but he isn't smart out there. 

Well, when you have a strong arm you want to show it off. Which is why he never hit the cut-off man. However, his arm was awful in the second half last year, they should move him to left field.

Why does everyone seem to get so outraged whenever someone just says that Aaron is more suited to be a 4th outfielder than a starter? There's nothing wrong with that; not like he's Liefer or any of the other slobs I want off this team (Oh, wait... Liefer is gone! Up top to KW... Something I never thought I'd say. :o ).

He's a good player, but if the Sox really, really want to get serious about competing, they need to replace him.

If he does turn into a Darin Erstad type player, great.  But, I feel he'll come up somewhat short in that area. 

As do I....he won't be as good as Erstad but he will be a similar player. Whether or not that kind of player is what we need on the Sox is a question all in its own. However, on Jose's offdays, I think we should have Aaron hit 2nd with Harris taking Aaron's spot in the lineup. He's a good contact hitter and bunts incredibly well....he could be a very key player for us in the future.

Maybe he will be a bust....but I'd still keep him. His heart is needed a lot on this team....and he IS a damn good 4th outfielder, if that's all he becomes. He has pop in his bat, has some decent speed, can play all 3 outfield spots, bunts well....he does a lot of stuff well. I say we should keep him as long as possible.