Noon Update

SoxFan562004

They have approved that, what's gonna happen is the Union and Gene Orza will present both parties with a contract that has been changed and approved by the Union.

well for those that are interested...go to www.mighty1090.com

Red Sox president Larry Luchino is going to be on some time during the morning/afternoon show. This is a San Diego station, but Luchino has deep ties with San Diego. They said he will be on whether or not a deal for Arod is done. Could be an interesting listen.

I was just listening to the Boston stations out here and they said that the Red Sox met with Texas last night and they ran into a "major snag" regarding how much Texas wants the Red Sox to pay of Manny's remaining contract. Apparently there's still a lot to be worked out here. Also, Bud Selig called for a Thursday deadline for getting this deal done. Hopefully Boston/Texas can work their stuff out...

I was just listening to the Boston stations out here and they said that the Red Sox met with Texas last night and they ran into a "major snag" regarding how much Texas wants the Red Sox to pay of Manny's remaining contract. Apparently there's still a lot to be worked out here. Also, Bud Selig called for a Thursday deadline for getting this deal done. Hopefully Boston/Texas can work their stuff out...

I would think at this point they have to work it out. It would be a train wreck of a situation if these guys all returned to their current teams.

This morning Jayson Stark said he expected the deal to go down no later then tomorrow morning..but in all liklihood it will go down today.

I think you could.  Rumors are just that, they go on and on.  Now I don't think Ramirez could be brought back, but Magglio, no doubt in my mind you could.

The Rangers can't bring A-Rod back to Texas after he said he would love to play in Fenway. Red Sox cannot bring back Nomar, after what has gone down.

The Rangers can't bring A-Rod back to Texas after he said he would love to play in Fenway. Red Sox cannot bring back Nomar, after what has gone down.

Another bargaining chip for the Sox. Sounds like they are the only ones that can take their chips off the table and walk away right now.

Has anyone heard any rumors of Juan Gone coming to town?

Only that the Sox have done some background checks. I don't think Juan Gone fits unless the Sox move Konerko to the Dodgers and hold onto Nomar (A distinct possibility) and then the Sox would have a few options:

Option A: Keep Lee in left, let Frank play first, DH Juan Gone

Option B: Move Lee to 1st, Juan Gone in Lf, Frank to DH

Option C: A mixture of all of these.

The one problem with Juan Gone is the Sox would have a very very right handed lineup. Carl Everett would be a great option because he would be more then capable of playing right field and would provide lefty pop (switch hitter).

The question is could the Sox deal a lesser type prospect to get him???

I think with Lee. JuanGone, and Nomar... plus Frank I think we would be ok with the righthanded lineup.. Our pitching was the strong point last yr and if we improve them I think the hitting will regain its form and everything will be good for us on 04