Dan Patrick says Nomar to Sox is done

whitesox61382

If it is done, LA got played.

The only way the Sox complete the deal is if they know they can atleast get what they wanted for Maggs.

It also means the Sox really can stand pat this year, and keep a $60-5 mil payroll this year, and have a chance at the All-Star break to trade some talent for rental players.

SB

According to ESPN1000 the deal is Maggs for Nomar, Williamson, and a pitching prospect. That seems a little odd. Maybe they mean that the pitching prospect is heading to Boston from the White Sox, but if that is in fact the deal, than it appear very good for the White Sox. They also say that it hinges on the ARod deal going through.

Somehow I feel like a lone voice in the wind, but I'm against moving Maggs for Nomar unless Nomar is already locked up to a multiyear deal by JR or we have already traded him for pitchers that are locked up.

Maggs for Perez, Mota and Williamson doesn't excite me. Maggs is our best player and we're trading him for mid level pitching. Let's face it - we're not going to win the WS next year so why not bring our own young pitching up ASAP before we trade our best player?

Nomar is not going to want to be here and will probably play that way if he's forced to stay. He will sign on the west coast next year. I think we'd have a better chance of re-signing Maggs than Nomar.

I would screw the Red Sox for as much as I could with this deal, because keep in mind....they HAVE to get Maggs...no ifs, buts etc ... they have no leverage since they have screwed Nomar now and they want ARod BADLY

So, KW. do not give up any more than Maggs and get as much as you can besides Nomar

Otherwise, tell the Red Sox to screw themselves....they need a OF with power badly aftre this deal, so screw them I say

There are probably 2 offers;

Mariners: Winn, Garcia, Soriano

LA: Perez, Mota, Miller or Jackson

Might be the deal breaker which one of these teams will give up a Nageotte, Mariners, or a Jackson(Hanran or Miller), LA.

If Seattle was going to pay Omar $7 mil

They can get rid of Garcia ($8mil maybe nontendered), and take on Nomar for cheaper.

I think LA did not realize there were other suitors for Nomar.

Atleast that is what I expect if there is a Nomar trade, which is purely speculation at this point.

SB

I would screw the Red Sox for as much as I could with this deal, because keep in mind....they HAVE to get Maggs...no ifs, buts etc ... they have no leverage since they have screwed Nomar now and they want ARod BADLY

So, KW. do not give up any more than Maggs and get as much as you can besides Nomar

Otherwise, tell the Red Sox to screw themselves....they need a OF with power badly aftre this deal, so screw them I say

Not that any other team would want a marquee named all star SS... There are plenty of other teams that would deal for Nomar, we don't have THAT much leverage.

The key ot whole thing is Maggs, Seattle ain't got 'em, LA ain't got 'em, the gambler does. The gambler also has a shortstop in place, something LA and Seattle do not. Boston wants Maggs LA and Seattle want stronger hitting SS but don't have anything Boston would like to get to the World Series. KW's legacy could be written shortly, weather good or bad. There is no way he shouldn't get the better of both deals and in the end win BIG!!!!!

Just said that Nomar was traded to the Sox. I am not sure if there is more to the deal or not. The deal also hinges on the ARod deal going done, but Dan Patrick is a pretty reliable source.

I think those ESPN guys read a teleprompter rather then being a reliable source IMO.