Dan Patrick says Nomar to Sox is done

whitesox61382

Maggs for Perez, Mota and Williamson doesn't excite me. 

It doesn't excite me but I think it will help the team win more games. It would be more exciting if Nomar went to Seattle for Winn, Soriano, and Garcia. Or Nomar to Angels for Washburn, K-rod, Kennedy? Don't forget it won't just be for Perez and Mota. There is a good chance we could ask LA to take Konerko if they want Garciapara. Then with that payroll savings get Raffy, Juan Gone, Ponson, or Maddux. It looks to me like Kenny Williams is kicking some ass. Who knows maybe KW has learned from all of those mistakes.

Contingent upon a completion of the Alex Rodriguez-for-Manny Ramirez megadeal between Texas and Boston, the Red Sox have conditionally agreed to trade shortstop Nomar Garciaparra to the White Sox for outfielder Magglio Ordonez, ESPN's Peter Gammons has confirmed.

So Gammons confirming what Patrick said.

This really in no way hurts the Sox, even if A-Rod for Nomar does not go through, we still have Magg's who LA still wants, and with Nomar off the table they still may pay us for him.

Nomar just makes it slightly easier, atleast I think, although the Sox could want to keep him depending on what other moves they want.

SB

61382...I know the feeling.

I think the most likely possibility is the Sox keeping Nomar and moving Jose and Konerko to the Mariners and Dodgers respectively. This clears enough payroll for the Sox and they can get a leadoff hitter or 2 hole hitter for Jose and a starting pitcher for Konerko as well as clear up enough of a chunk of payroll that the Sox would be under budget.

Of course they now have a void in rf, and still could use another reliever, but Koch could be on the move and the Sox could up the budget a few more mill.

If it goes down, this will probably be the biggest deal the Sox make, but far from the last, imo.

61382...I know the feeling. 

I think the most likely possibility is the Sox keeping Nomar and moving Jose and Konerko to the Mariners and Dodgers respectively.  This clears enough payroll for the Sox and they can get a leadoff hitter or 2 hole hitter for Jose and a starting pitcher for Konerko as well as clear up enough of a chunk of payroll that the Sox would be under budget. 

Of course they now have a void in rf, and still could use another reliever, but Koch could be on the move and the Sox could up the budget a few more mill. 

If it goes down, this will probably be the biggest deal the Sox make, but far from the last, imo.

A rightfield hole with Borchard, remember him, Reed or Gload (can he play the outfield.) There is also flexabiltiy in moving Rowand to right and getting a centerfielder. Did Loften sign with the Yanks. I would guess that there would be a ton of non-tendered guys out there for these spots. I like the possability of guillen and garciapara up the middle and Williamson in the pen.

A rightfield hole with Borchard, remember him, Reed or Gload (can he play the outfield.)  There is also flexabiltiy in moving Rowand to right and getting a centerfielder.  Did Loften sign with the Yanks.  I would guess that there would be a ton of non-tendered guys out there for these spots.  I like the possability of guillen and garciapara up the middle and Williamson in the pen.

Borchard has done nothing the past two years to warrant consideration for the job, but he has potential. I still don't think he breaks spring with the job. And an OF with Rowand/Harris in cf, and Borchard/Reed in right would be risky if the Sox don't have the pitching to make up for the lack of offense.

Now if the Sox acquire Randy Wynn to leadoff or Guillen to hit in the two hole, then it makes it more likely, although I think there is some truth to Juan Gonzalez, imo. But if there is, it won't happen for a long while and I'll hold out hope that the Sox get Carl Everett back :D

There will always be an outfielder who falls through the cracks.

Much easier to find a corner outfielder than a SS.

And we could always upgrade in the outfield in june or july.

KEEP NOMAR

Completely agree. I want to keep Nomar and just sign someone to play right.