KW doing this to screw Evans??

SoxFan562004

Terry Boers on the Score brought up the point that KW could be getting involved to screw over Danny Evans (Dodgers GM). We all know there's no love loss between the two, and now if the A-Rod deal goes down KW will have control over the Dodgers 2 main targets (Nomar and Maggs)

Let me just make it clear that I don't think vengance is the way to run a team, and I hope that KW doesn't get blinded by hatred

I think KW is too much of a slick willie to hate someone that could impede him getting done what he wants to.  Besides what does Kwnny have to be bitter about?  He won the job.  I guess the Berry/Barry thing, but doesn't a deal of this magnitude trump that pettyness?

Kw has said that he won't let personal feelings get in the way of business.

I don't think any GM can have his feelings get in the way of business, cause if you do, it could prevent your team from getting better. One exception could be Billy Beane...although he's looked human this offseason.

Remember guys.....before this deal Kenny was going to go into this season with Maggs, Frank, Kong and Valentin with the White Sox

Given Nomah makes less/almost same as Maggs this year, and that Maggs would AT LEAST make as much as Nomah after this year, we are in the same boat in terms of salary after the Maggs-Nomah trade for this year and for the future

Since the two salaries are exchanged with no idea if Nomah (or Maggs if the trade did not occur) will extend, I prefer it this way because stud SSs who can hit and play as well defensively as Nomah are difficult to find

It is very easy to get half of Maggs or even more production in the OF at 1/3 his salary (eg Everett)

And we have Reed and Borchard waiting to come up which means we have no place for Maggs anyway

Hence, I WOULD NOT TRADE NOMAH AWAY AFTER WE GET HIM, because he makes us better for this year (we are contending for this year, remember...the division is ours if this goes through), he does not change anything for next year in terms of salary, it provides our young stud OFers a chance to come up at much cheaper payroll, and it improves our D overall a lot

Now it also gives the opportunity to unload Jose and get some more salary relief to add a OF like Everett if needed for the next year for CF

Remember guys.....before this deal Kenny was going to go into this season with Maggs, Frank, Kong and Valentin with the White Sox

Given Nomah makes less/almost same as Maggs this year, and that Maggs would AT LEAST make as much as Nomah after this year, we are in the same boat in terms of salary after the Maggs-Nomah trade for this year and for the future

Since the two salaries are exchanged with no idea if Nomah (or Maggs if the trade did not occur) will extend, I prefer it this way because stud SSs who can hit and play as well defensively as Nomah are difficult to find

It is very easy to get half of Maggs or even more production in the OF at 1/3 his salary (eg Everett)

And we have Reed and Borchard waiting to come up which means we have no place for Maggs anyway

Hence, I WOULD NOT TRADE NOMAH AWAY AFTER WE GET HIM, because he makes us better for this year (we are contending for this year, remember...the division is ours if this goes through), he does not change anything for next year in terms of salary, it provides our young stud OFers a chance to come up at much cheaper payroll, and it improves our D overall a lot

Now it also gives the opportunity to unload Jose and get some more salary relief to add a OF like Everett if needed for the next year for CF

Mix that with the fact the Sox really don't have much depth at shortstop. It could make sense to offer Nomar a 4 yr deal for 13 mill a season. Would he accept it, thats another story?

Only way Nomar will sign right away is if he is getting offered like 5+ years.

After this trade he probably wants his next contract to make sure that he is staying with a team, also will include no trade cluase.

I want to keep Nomar, depending on what we can get for Jose, I just think that it is more likely a deal of: Mota, Perez, and Miller wont be pased on.

SB

If it is true that Nomar wants to go to California, it will take more money to keep him than the Sox could afford. Sox should talk to him about it. Then, I'd start a bidding war for him and be sure to load up on pitchers that will impact next year and payroll relief to sign free agent pitching that will help next year.

If it is true that Nomar wants to go to California, it will take more money to keep him than the Sox could afford.  Sox should talk to him about it. Then, I'd start a bidding war for him and be sure to load up on pitchers that will impact next year and payroll relief to sign free agent pitching that will help next year.

Don't be so sure of it. LA is in a state of flux right now and there is no idea whether they will be able to offer Nomar the bucks it takes.

Plus, we may here he wants to go to LA, but let KW/JR and Tellem/Nomar work things and see.

The Fire have are a good MLS team, maybe Mia Hamm can be the first female to play in the MLS.

The Sox can slowly start getting Sox fans back by extending Nomar....this is huge

Although O production looks similar and might be lower for Nomah than Maggs, Nomah plays the more important position in terms of D on the field, plays it very well which will only help our pitchers, can bat from left or right side of the plate and frnakly, if I have to spend a lot of money at a position, other than quality pitching, I want it at SS

Other positions are not difficult to get production from at cheaper salaries....add that to the fact that our SS depth is weak in the minors etc, we could get better in a hurry here thanks to the Bo Sox