Is KW making these moves?

Controlled Chaos

I know if you go to the official sox site there is a Mr "I know everything" who has been saying since last year that KW no longer pulls the strings. Does anybody here with inside knowledge feel this is true. Is there someone else working these deals and if so how could the press not catch wind of it.

I know if you go to the official sox site there is a Mr "I know everything" who has been saying since last year that KW no longer pulls the strings.  Does anybody here with inside knowledge feel this is true.  Is there someone else working these deals and if so how could the press not catch wind of it.

I'm sure he's in there somewhere. Total control.. I doubt. Especially if LA is involved... and I would wager a tall bet that JR is more involved in the Nomar deal due to Arn. JR and Arn worked out Albert's deal one on one, and Frank's deal as well.

I think if LA is involved that KW is the one calling the shots, but he may use Hahn or someone else to actually do the talking simply to keep Evans from just hanging up the phone.

Either way, this seems exactly like a KW type move. He's bold, agressive, and in my opinion has a huge passion for the game and wanting to see the Sox win a series.

Who knows if it will work out or not. I do think it will be JR thats involved if the Sox keep Nomar. It will be his relations with Tellem and his willingness to say hey...this guy could bring fans to the park and compete with Sammy and the Cubs. If thats the case, then I think he will stay with the Sox.

How about Einhorn??

I'm sure Einhorn will be involved to a point. Him and JR are the two main people in the organization, well in terms of setting the budget and all that.

But KW has got to be the one behind the trades...JR has just given him the approval to let it happen and if you ask me thats why JR was at the winter meetings.

For KW to even consdier this, he had to know JR was gonna agree with it, otherwise there is no point.

I don't think KW gets enough credit for the things he does right.

I almost want to say the same thing, but I don't really know. That's why I asked for some inside scoop. I thought he made some decent moves at the end of last year...I mean at least we went for it instead of playing dead. However, if it wasn't him pulling the strings...then who's the Godfather and why is this puppet master hiding himself???