Flash Gordon

CSF

He has signed, but it won't become official until Monday. It is pending a physical though.

I'd give ya a link to our story on it, but the main page is down as the server is being upgraded/ undergoing maintenance.

Once its back up, I'll give ya the link though.

f*** HIM! I dont want Gordon. He's just gonna cause problems by b****ing all year that he thinks he should be the closer. He caused all kids of bulls*** for the cubs. Think it will be any different here? f*** HIM!

Actually, when I heard about this signing, we hadn't traded for Colon yet, which meant Osuna was still on the team. Knowing that the Sox already had 1 solid closer (Koch) and 2 potential closers (Osuna, Marte), I can't believe he wouldn't sign with them, & then b**** about closing knowing damn well that would be out of the question. If it's a 1 year deal, perhaps he wants to showcase his talent for other teams possibly looking for a closer for 2004. But right now, he would be a good setup man, & wouldn't even consider him as the closer unless Koch & Marte completely tanked, which isn't likely.

So let me get this straight...

Our rotation is Colon, Buehrle, Garland, Wright and Rauch....which is possibly amongst the best in the league, and if our #3-#5 aren't that good, then our #1 and #2 are....we were .500 with one great starter last year, so we'll probably win atleast 88 games or so guarenteed this year, if Garland and Wright don't improve and Rauch is just as bad as Glover/Ritchie in the rotation. We'll most likely win 90-95 games with our rotation though, atleast.

Our bullpen is Koch, Marte, Gordon, Glover, Wunsch, and Almonte along with maybe someone from the group of Ginter, Munoz, Sanders or someone else(maybe even Porzio, but don't count on it). With our surplus of lefty-reliever prospects, and Munoz being the best of them, I'd say that Wunsch is expendable...because even if we turn Munoz into a starter, we still have Ring and Sanders and Stewart....we have so many lefty-reliever prospects it's insane.

If this is correct, and it is, we have a sick pitching staff with our offense...hell, if this pitching staff was being supported by a weak lineup and defense, it could still win 75-80 games...and then you add our lineup, which is among the best in the majors....I don't think we are even going to f*** around. We will blast out of the gate and continue the winning. That's all we can hope for anyways.

20 years ago, we nearly tied a team record for wins, but were beaten in the postseason. 10 years ago, we had a very good team, but were outplayed by Toronto. We had an even better team in 94, but our season was cut short by the strike. This could be our year, guys....I ain't s***tin you. We got the team to do it. I'm probably be a bit too optimistic. But our division, in my eyes, is pretty much clinched. We were a team that should have won more games last year....we were very unlucky as a whole. The Twins were a team that should have lost more games last year...they were very lucky as a whole. Don't expect that trend to continue...I think we could seriously win the division by 10-15 games....it won't be as close as people will expect it be going in.

Our rotation is Colon, Buehrle, Garland, Wright and Rauch....which is possibly amongst the best in the league, and if our #3-#5 aren't that good, then our #1 and #2 are....we were .500 with one great starter last year, so we'll probably win atleast 88 games or so guarenteed this year, if Garland and Wright don't improve and Rauch is just as bad as Glover/Ritchie in the rotation.  We'll most likely win 90-95 games with our rotation though, atleast.

Our bullpen is Koch, Marte, Gordon, Glover, Wunsch, and Almonte along with maybe someone from the group of Ginter, Munoz, Sanders or someone else(maybe even Porzio, but don't count on it).  With our surplus of lefty-reliever prospects, and Munoz being the best of them, I'd say that Wunsch is expendable...because even if we turn Munoz into a starter, we still have Ring and Sanders and Stewart....we have so many lefty-reliever prospects it's insane.

If this is correct, and it is, we have a sick pitching staff with our offense...hell, if this pitching staff was being supported by a weak lineup and defense, it could still win 75-80 games...and then you add our lineup, which is among the best in the majors....I don't think we are even going to f*** around.  We will blast out of the gate and continue the winning.  That's all we can hope for anyways.

20 years ago, we nearly tied a team record for wins, but were beaten in the postseason.  10 years ago, we had a very good team, but were outplayed by Toronto.  We had an even better team in 94, but our season was cut short by the strike.  This could be our year, guys....I ain't s***tin you.  We got the team to do it.  I'm probably be a bit too optimistic.  But our division, in my eyes, is pretty much clinched.  We were a team that should have won more games last year....we were very unlucky as a whole.  The Twins were a team that should have lost more games last year...they were very lucky as a whole.  Don't expect that trend to continue...I think we could seriously win the division by 10-15 games....it won't be as close as people will expect it be going in.

Great Post. Just one thing I'd change though, don't give up Wunsch!!! A LH setup man is almost as valuable as a 15 game winner! And Wunsch might be one of the best in the business. You bring him in for one of those crucial 1 or 2 lefty hitters, & let him do his thing. Then, turn it over to Gordon in the 7th, Marte in the 8th, & Koch in the 9th. And if Wunsch is expendable down the road, let's see what other teams would be willing to bargain in return. Rather than that, again, great post, & I'll take it a step further. If everything jells, we could be looking at a possible 100 win season, then make those god-awful Yankees sorry that they didn't pay attention to Colon a little bit more. The World Series: The 86 year drought could be coming to an end. AWESOME!!!! :D :lol: :headbang

Of course I don't want to give up Wunsch....I'm saying he is expendable....meaning if a good trade were to come up that involved him, I would do it....that means if a trade of like Wunsch, Stewart and Josh Paul for Javy Vazquez came up, I'd do it...that trade won't come up...I was just using an example. I think you know what I mean though. If we can get a top prospect(ie Arizona trading Jack Cust to Colorado for Mike Myers), than I'd do it....I'd do Kelly Wunsch for that Wilson Betemit kid in Atlanta, and they may need some more relief pitching....they lost Remlinger, Lightenberg, Spooneybarger, and Hammond this offseason. I'd say they could use a guy like Kelly Wunsch, and we could Wilson Betemit for the future...maybe after this year when Jose will leave(or I assume he will leave, that is)...I'd do it, but I'm not so sure Atlanta would. If we made a trade like that, I'd do it as well. See what I'm saying?

f*** HIM! I dont want Gordon. He's just gonna cause problems by b****ing all year that he thinks he should be the closer. He caused all kids of bulls*** for the cubs. Think it will be any different here? f*** HIM!

Red,

I'm not wrong often ( :lol: ), and I think Gordon will be fine. If he isn't then he'll have to answer to Bruce Kimm! ;)

Flash is coming here knowing his role. With the cubs no one knew there role, from Hundley all the way down to Bellhorn.

The team was in dissaray last season and Flash was the best man for the closing job. Here he has already been told he won't be the closer and at this stage of the game he's jsut going to have to deal with it. If he excells then he can go elsewhere, but his days of getting a big money contract are over. He's older, and has a history of arm trouble. Setup man is as good as he'll do, imo. Although I think he's a heck of a set up man.

I agree that the Sox's have a good chance, but dont count the Twins out. They've been kicking our ass since '01. The first step is to show them the Sox's are better then them, a nice sweep in there first series would do.

The Sox's what have a good chance?

Our rotation is Colon, Buehrle, Garland, Wright and Rauch....which is possibly amongst the best in the league, and if our #3-#5 aren't that good, then our #1 and #2 are....we were .500 with one great starter last year, so we'll probably win atleast 88 games or so guarenteed this year, if Garland and Wright don't improve and Rauch is just as bad as Glover/Ritchie in the rotation.  We'll most likely win 90-95 games with our rotation though, atleast.

Our bullpen is Koch, Marte, Gordon, Glover, Wunsch, and Almonte along with maybe someone from the group of Ginter, Munoz, Sanders or someone else(maybe even Porzio, but don't count on it).  With our surplus of lefty-reliever prospects, and Munoz being the best of them, I'd say that Wunsch is expendable...because even if we turn Munoz into a starter, we still have Ring and Sanders and Stewart....we have so many lefty-reliever prospects it's insane.

If this is correct, and it is, we have a sick pitching staff with our offense...hell, if this pitching staff was being supported by a weak lineup and defense, it could still win 75-80 games...and then you add our lineup, which is among the best in the majors....I don't think we are even going to f*** around.  We will blast out of the gate and continue the winning.  That's all we can hope for anyways.

20 years ago, we nearly tied a team record for wins, but were beaten in the postseason.  10 years ago, we had a very good team, but were outplayed by Toronto.  We had an even better team in 94, but our season was cut short by the strike.  This could be our year, guys....I ain't s***tin you.  We got the team to do it.  I'm probably be a bit too optimistic.  But our division, in my eyes, is pretty much clinched.  We were a team that should have won more games last year....we were very unlucky as a whole.  The Twins were a team that should have lost more games last year...they were very lucky as a whole.  Don't expect that trend to continue...I think we could seriously win the division by 10-15 games....it won't be as close as people will expect it be going in.

Witesoxfan, you can never be too optimistic. I love your post. A couple days ago, I woulda pointed you out as one of many pessimists but today I honestly think youre even more optimistic than I am! I think we will win the division but only by 2-3 games. We got much stronger but the Twins did not get weaker. I would love to slaughter the Twins like you are predicting but I think its going to be close and exciting, with the Sox coming out on top...

Our rotation is Colon, Buehrle, Garland, Wright and Rauch....which is possibly amongst the best in the league, and if our #3-#5 aren't that good, then our #1 and #2 are....we were .500 with one great starter last year, so we'll probably win atleast 88 games or so guarenteed this year, if Garland and Wright don't improve and Rauch is just as bad as Glover/Ritchie in the rotation.  We'll most likely win 90-95 games with our rotation though, atleast.

Our bullpen is Koch, Marte, Gordon, Glover, Wunsch, and Almonte along with maybe someone from the group of Ginter, Munoz, Sanders or someone else(maybe even Porzio, but don't count on it).  With our surplus of lefty-reliever prospects, and Munoz being the best of them, I'd say that Wunsch is expendable...because even if we turn Munoz into a starter, we still have Ring and Sanders and Stewart....we have so many lefty-reliever prospects it's insane.

If this is correct, and it is, we have a sick pitching staff with our offense...hell, if this pitching staff was being supported by a weak lineup and defense, it could still win 75-80 games...and then you add our lineup, which is among the best in the majors....I don't think we are even going to f*** around.  We will blast out of the gate and continue the winning.  That's all we can hope for anyways.

20 years ago, we nearly tied a team record for wins, but were beaten in the postseason.  10 years ago, we had a very good team, but were outplayed by Toronto.  We had an even better team in 94, but our season was cut short by the strike.  This could be our year, guys....I ain't s***tin you.  We got the team to do it.  I'm probably be a bit too optimistic.  But our division, in my eyes, is pretty much clinched.  We were a team that should have won more games last year....we were very unlucky as a whole.  The Twins were a team that should have lost more games last year...they were very lucky as a whole.  Don't expect that trend to continue...I think we could seriously win the division by 10-15 games....it won't be as close as people will expect it be going in.

Witesoxfan, you can never be too optimistic. I love your post. A couple days ago, I woulda pointed you out as one of many pessimists but today I honestly think youre even more optimistic than I am! I think we will win the division but only by 2-3 games. We got much stronger but the Twins did not get weaker. I would love to slaughter the Twins like you are predicting but I think its going to be close and exciting, with the Sox coming out on top...

one key point with minn, what is going on with tori hunter?

I can't see the Twins paying him the money cause he's gonna get at least 8 mill a year or thats what he deserves, especially if thats what Erstad gets paid.

He'll agree on arbitration and get big bucks and eventually get dumped, maybe even this year if the Twins fall into a big hole (I'm hoping) :headbang

What are you talking about? Wunsch is already set to make the team.

When you have three seasons, two of which being good, with the other one being bad as a result of injury, you are bound to make a team.

Take out his injury in 2001 and you have a really good ERA from him. I personally don't think he's that good, but numbers don't lie, he's been good.